1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 13, 2012  -  10:19 AM Reply with quote
thanks a lot sir. please move on to the question 3.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 14, 2012  -  6:44 AM Reply with quote
3. Uswa e Hasanah & Sunnah

Pl try to concentrate once more:

Sunnah is a religious practice that is done on the ORDER of God & Prophet S,A,W, himself is bound to do it whereas his Uswah is the WAY he acted upon it. For example Offering prayers is a Sunnah in the religion but that's about offering the FARD Rak'aat only. The best possible way he offered them is his Uswah for US & the extra Rak'aat that he offered of his own are an Uswah for us too. They are NOT a different Sunnah JUST because he offered them himself.

May I'm able to clear the grounds?

As far as their status is concerned it's obvious that Sunnah are the most important things especially All those that fall in the category of obligation whereas his Uswah is a role model for us. we should try to follow it but nothing wrong if we do not or are not able to do it unless & until we are giving it a MODEL status and always willing it to follow & never trying to ignore it consciously.
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 15, 2012  -  1:10 PM Reply with quote
Your differentiation between Sunnah and Uswa e Hasanah may be right. But if you read the article mentioned above (colored blue), it is clear that the author is taking Uswa e Hasanah equal to Sunnah, and the author is none but Molana Amin Ahsan Islahi.
So should I believe you or Molana Amin Ahsan Islahi?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 17, 2012  -  6:59 AM Reply with quote
Sir! I'll check it w ref of Islahi sb. But what I'm saying is my understanding of what his learned pupil Mr. Ghamidi's opinion.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 17, 2012  -  7:04 AM Reply with quote
Sir I've read it again. I think you might have overlooked a key word here:
“In the discussion which follows, we are going to discuss the SUNNAH of the Prophet (sws). This means the way of life which the Prophet (sws) taught the people in theory and practice and for which, in his capacity as a teacher of Sharī’ah (Islamic Law), ..."

Sunnah are the things that he did as "a teacher of Sharī’ah (Islamic Law)" whereas his way of acting upon the religion is his "Uswa e Hasanah"
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 18, 2012  -  10:09 AM Reply with quote
If I accept the difference between Sunnah and Uswa e Hasanah, then i would say that the mentioned paragraph of Islahi sb. has a heading of "Sunnah", but the content of paragraphs is about "Uswa e Hasanah" (Please concentrate on the words "IDEAL STANDARDS" and the Ayat describing Uswa e Hasanah "“You have indeed in the Prophet of God a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for anyone whose hope is in God and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of God.” (33:21)".

I dont see any other reason of writing "Sunnah" as heading and describing "Uswa e Hasanah" in the paragraphs except that the author is taking Sunnah equal to Uswa e Hasanah.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 19, 2012  -  4:18 AM Reply with quote
U may be right brother but it must be kept in mind too that Islahi's concept of Sunnah is NOT exactly the same as of Ghamidi. So he maybe taking both of them as Same but not Mr. Ghamidi. Here we can't explain why Mr. Islahi has that view.
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 19, 2012  -  9:40 AM Reply with quote
ok sir, please move on to the next question.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 21, 2012  -  3:49 AM Reply with quote
Reference the following paragraph/lines from the link http://monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=1000

NEED FOR SUNNAH:

This paragraph is written with the heading “Need for Sunnah”. The paragraphs indicate that details for penalty for theft will be regarded as Sunnah, but the course material and the book Meezan say that “things which belong to the practical sphere CANNOT BE REGARDED AS SUNNAH IF THEY ARE INITIATED BY THE QUR’AN”. These two things are contrary to each other. Please comment on it.

At first I wud like to ask about your quoted paragraph that is it again the piece of writing of Mr. Islahi? To me it doesn't look the presentation of Mr. Ghamidi. Pl confirm so that i can comment on it.
Thanks
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 22, 2012  -  1:15 PM Reply with quote
Yes, It is also a piece of writing of Mr. Islahi.
Moreover, the quoted paragraph of next question #5 is also of Mr. Islahi.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 23, 2012  -  4:55 AM Reply with quote
6. The above paragraphs tells that different narrations of Tashahhud are Sunnah. But in the course material and the book “Meezan”, it is written that these are not Sunnah.
The above paragraph also indicates that there might not be consensus over a particular Sunnah (as in case of Tashahhud and saying Ameen). But it is written in course material module 4 that there is consensus on Sunnah among all the Muslims. Please explain these two contradictions.

My response:
As U said that this is again Mr Islahi's writing so i'm not trying to explain in or defend it. I'll just try to state Mr Ghamidi's point of view regarding it.
Sir Main contradiction is taking BOTH views as SAME. they are quite different. Ghamidi sb does not consider any of Tashahhud as Sunnah & in his opinion consensus is compulsory for an action to be declared as SUNNAH.
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 23, 2012  -  5:53 AM Reply with quote
The continuing discussion indicates that the course material is all based upon Mr. Ghamidi's opinion. I would like to suggest that course material should have opinions of other scholars as well. I say this because in the absence of other opinions, the OPINION of Mr. Ghamidi seems to be a FACT, which is not the case: Mr. Ghamidi may be right but there are equal chances that he is wrong and other scholars are right. If there are opinions of both sides with arguments, the readers will decide themselves whose opinion is right based upon the stated arguments.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 24, 2012  -  6:49 AM Reply with quote
yes u r right sir. your proposal is good but may not be workable here as our courses are mostly based on Mr. Ghamidi's research. You can find other views anywhere else n can decide among all.

Should i move to the next Q or stop here?
naveedakram

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 25, 2012  -  7:11 AM Reply with quote
Yes, please move to the last question #6. That is not related to Mr. Islahi's views.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 26, 2012  -  4:33 AM Reply with quote
Reference the following lines from the course material Module 4 under the heading “SUNNAH DOES NOT DEPEND ON HADITH”

“We do not need to learn Sunnah from books”
“According to the Muslim ideology, if we want to find out the Sunan, we should look for them in the the traditions and practices of Muslim Ummah and not in the books of history”.

here are ur Qs & My responses:

How can we look for a Sunnah in the traditions and practices of whole Muslim Ummah?
Sunnah is a Religious practice taught by prophet s,a,w. It must be in action everywhere Muslims had gone.

Although Sunnah is related to practical affairs and one learns these things from people, there must be some authentic book on Sunnah from where one can check whether something is Sunnah or not. Is there any such book?
Well a practical thing is only be called practical if it's learned n taught practically. So that\a the way All sunan are. however for most of them we can also see their mentioning in Quran or Hadith or both. However their authenticity or confirmation can only be checked w the common practice upon them all over the world.

If someone attributes some saying/order to Quran and Hadith, we can easily verify it from Quran and authentic books of Hadith. But if someone attributes something to Sunnah, how can we verify it in the absence of some authentic book?
As I said above, their authenticity or verification can only be checked w the common practice upon them all over the world.
Muslimsoldier13

USA
Posted - Friday, May 30, 2014  -  8:22 PM Reply with quote
thank u for saying and explaining the issue briefly

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker