Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
samsher

INDIA
Topic initiated on Friday, December 30, 2011  -  8:29 AM Reply with quote
Praying in a corrupt Masjid

Salam,

How can one go into a Masjid these days when all of the mosques have the word Allah and Muhammad side by side stencilled or in carvings mounted on the walls?

The Quran makes it very clear that all masajid are for commemorating the name of God alone (not Allah and Muhammad!). Moreover, all the words of our salat (prayer) should be dedicated to the name of God alone:

"The masajid (places of worship) are for the name of God alone; do not call on anyone else beside God" 72:18

Believers are commanded not to enter or pray in any masjid that harbours idol worship (shirk). If we cannot find a masjid that is dedicated to worshipping God alone and dedicated to commemorating His name alone in the salat, then we are advised to pray at home or with any group of genuine believers.

[9:107] There are those who abuse the masjid by practicing idol worship, dividing the believers, and providing comfort to those who oppose God and His messenger. They solemnly swear: "Our intentions are honorable!" God bears witness that they are liars.

[9:108] You shall never pray in such a masjid. A masjid that is established on the basis of righteousness from the first day is more worthy of your praying therein. In it, there are people who love to be purified. God loves those who purify themselves.

Please make comment on this.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, January 2, 2012  -  6:10 AM Reply with quote
Salam,
The Prophet's name is on masjids yes but it is only for reverence to him not to make him equal to God. It is to show affection and respect. I agree sometimes people tend to go overboard with their feelings and maybe cross the line. Everyone knows a masjid is a place where we perform salat and salat is for Allah alone.
samsher

INDIA
Posted - Monday, January 2, 2012  -  10:10 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Salam,
The Prophet's name is on masjids yes but it is only for reverence to him not to make him equal to God. It is to show affection and respect. I agree sometimes people tend to go overboard with their feelings and maybe cross the line. Everyone knows a masjid is a place where we perform salat and salat is for Allah alone.

Salam,

Quote;- The Prophet's name is on masjids yes but it is only for reverence to him not to make him equal to God. It is to show affection and respect. I agree sometimes people tend to go overboard with their feelings and maybe cross the line. Everyone knows a masjid is a place where we perform salat and salat is for Allah alone.

Reply :- Believers are commanded “Not to distinguish among any of the Messengers”. [2:136] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus, and all the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."
[2:285] The messenger has believed in what was sent down to him from his Lord, and so did the believers. They believe in GOD, His angels, His scripture, and His messengers: "We make no distinction among any of His messengers." They say, "We hear, and we obey. Forgive us, our Lord. To You is the ultimate destiny."
3:84] Say, "We believe in GOD, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and in what was given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."

We have to love, respect, reverence…etc… to all of them. They why any one make distinguish Prophet Muhammad from other prophets?

Masjid is place of worship of Allah only. No one’s name should be hanged/embedded on the wall of the Masjid.

Quote;- I agree sometimes people tend to go overboard with their feelings and maybe cross the line.

Reply:- From this angel also this practice of writing/hanging/embedding Muhammad’s name on the wall of Masjid must be abandoned.

Samsher
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, January 2, 2012  -  2:53 PM Reply with quote
A lot of practices have crept in and we believe them to be true religion they will take time and education to be abandoned. I know it is frustrating and painful to see around yourself practices which are not correct, it is difficult to make people realize their error and in all this discourse harsh words are exchanged and in extreme cases it may end in violence.
So what should be done? Keep quiet or make a big fuss? In my opinion neither, point out what you feel is right with arguments and logic and choosing your words wisely. If the audience is agreeable and able to see your point of view great, if not and you are replied to aggressively and with harsh words, you reply but don't respond to the harsh words but state your argument again.
I know this is not easy and very frustrating but understand this your audience is not ready for what you are trying to convey they have shut their minds and hearts. So I think you should go back to what the other is posing as an argument and analyse and make another attempt with your counter arguments and if tempers are rising high respond to them with gentleness and then withdraw.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker