Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
samiyaillias

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Tuesday, October 25, 2011  -  1:51 AM Reply with quote
IT SEEMS BIOLOGY (NOT RELIGION) EQUALS MORALITY

A atheist friend shared the following link a while back: http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/hauser09/hauser09_index.html

Read it and my comments here below:
Very true. Morality is built-in in our biology (or soul) so that all humans ( and for that matter, animals also) know that lying, cheating, not giving full measure, fraud, hurting somebody's feelings, etc, etc are wrong. Be athiest or theist, young or old, our conscience pricks us every time we do something wrong. The purpose of religion is not to teach morality, but to confirm it, to emphasize being true to that inner voice, and discovering the true purpose of this otherwise meaningless existence. It attempts to guide us where we may go wrong, where our emotions may lead us astray, where our judgement may founder. For instance, if we take the example of the Holy Quran, it barely talks about Marriage, Business, Personal Property, but does give detailed advice on social issues pertaining to Divorce, Usury, Inheritance, etc.
If I were to summarize what I understand religion's aim, to me it is To make a good and nice person better, to polish an uncut gem bringing to fore its true beauty!
Thank you for sharing the article.
http://islam-qna.blogspot.com/2010/03/it-seems-biology-not-religion-equals.html
student7

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 24, 2014  -  10:57 AM Reply with quote
Revelation of Quran module 1 page 1-2 have addressed this issue very well.
marwan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 1, 2014  -  9:53 AM Reply with quote
www.evolutionnews.org

This site responds to all the deliberate lies of evolutionists.

Enjoy.
samiyaillias

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 25, 2014  -  5:35 AM Reply with quote
@student7: What are you referring to by 'Revelation of Quran module 1 page 1-2' ? Can you please give a link?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker