Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
fariha0505

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Tuesday, July 12, 2011  -  3:00 PM Reply with quote
module 1; historical evidence

How did the trial wherein Adam and Eve were provoked by satan to taste fruit from the forbidden tree test their instincts of ego and sex? Should not urge of eating a fruit be out of hunger or just for the sake of tasting it?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 16, 2011  -  3:32 AM Reply with quote
Sister! would you plz let me know what is ur Exact Q. I'm so sorry that i could not oick your point. So pl post ur Q again in some more clear words n if needed w a bit detail.
thnx
fariha0505

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 16, 2011  -  10:19 AM Reply with quote
The other day I pondered over my query and I think i reached the conclusion. I was confused at first that how were Adam and Eve tested for precisely the two instincts of 'ego' and 'sex' after they ate the forbidden fruit. I now believe that their being shifted to another dwelling place and getting separated from each other for a certain period of time was a trial on their ego and sex, in which they eventually succeeded as they asked for Allah's forgiveness. Please rectify my understanding if there are any loopholes!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 18, 2011  -  8:15 AM Reply with quote
Well if u r asking about the "forbidden fruit" then it's according to us was to "avoid having sexual interaction" BUT Satan led them to do so. So that was the test of their 'SEX'.
After indulging in it Adam & Eve seeked the repentance of God whereas Satan indulged in a mistake to but insisted upon it. So it was a test of their 'EGO'.
Am i able to clear some of the matter!!!
slim_bashir

SOUTH AFRICA
Posted - Saturday, July 23, 2011  -  11:49 PM Reply with quote
and where do u get your conclusion about the forbiden fruit being SEX bring ur proof forward if ur rightous
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 24, 2011  -  3:54 AM Reply with quote
Calm down Brother!
It's a matter of OPINION & not FAITH so nothing will be WRONG if you do not appreciate our point of view / Reasoning!
well, there are NO CLEAR words for that, I agree. but there are many things that Leads to that conclusion. V soon i'll post here that reasoning. Pl wait for a short while.
Thanks n Regards
fariha0505

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 27, 2011  -  5:00 AM Reply with quote
Thank you sir for eradicating my confusion.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 3, 2011  -  5:38 PM Reply with quote
U r always most welcome Fariha sister

this is for U Mr. slim_bashir as i promised:
What is the Forbidden Tree?
http://monthly-renaissance.com/issue/query.aspx?id=867
inshallah4736

USA
Posted - Wednesday, January 18, 2012  -  1:21 PM Reply with quote
interesting point of veiw bro
nali83

UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLAND
Posted - Tuesday, October 14, 2014  -  5:16 PM Reply with quote
Allah Most High sent down His Book to humankind. It has no human intervention and its words testify to this. The story of Adam and his spouse is revealed to us in a dignified and respectful manner. It becomes obvious when studying this narration that it was not edible fruit that Allah SWT refers to as there was an abundance of that throughout the garden from which Adam and Eve could have enjoyed. And Allah SWT tells Adam not to APPROACH OR GO NEAR this tree. I always felt that this was about controlling the Nafs (ego) and obeying Allah SWT over any personal desires. The drive of sex is known to be as strong as extreme hunger and thirst as taught in the field of Psychology. And it is this that has degraded and destroyed civilizations of the past and threatens the same sort of destruction today. I agree with this explanation and other scholars have also linked the forbidden tree with these two vices.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker