Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Karim77

SWITZERLAND
Topic initiated on Thursday, September 9, 2010  -  5:15 PM Reply with quote
Becoming a muslim

I have studied for some time now. and benefited greatly. What do i have to do to become a muslim? am nt living near a mosque. So i cant say the shahada in public.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, September 12, 2010  -  1:53 AM Reply with quote
Salam Karim I will find out and let you know.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 13, 2010  -  2:55 AM Reply with quote
Salam Karim this is the guidance I got for you. Saying shahadah in public is not an essential requirement it can be done whenever you get the chance, in the meantime say the shahadah alone and start living as a practicing Muslim, you can also visit
http://www.islamfortoday.com/converts.htm

I hope you find it helpful and don't worry you are not alone we are all there for you and will help and guide you whenever you need us.

Edited by: saba2 on Monday, September 13, 2010 2:56 AM

Edited by: saba2 on Monday, September 13, 2010 2:58 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2010  -  3:27 AM Reply with quote
ma Sha Allah. may Allah keep U steadfast in ur this biggest decision of ur life. Amin
Pl feel free to ask for any help.

Jzakallah sister for this Help.
Karim77

SWITZERLAND
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2010  -  8:48 AM Reply with quote
Salam Aleikum. Thank you all for the replies and the links. I apreciate.I have said and belief the shahada in my heart. And I have learnt now surah al fatiha in arabic. I work in a office and cannot pray during the day. What do I do if I miss a prayer?
Pastway

USA
Posted - Tuesday, September 14, 2010  -  10:08 AM Reply with quote
Karim -

Salaam alaikum! From what I have read, it looks like Islam is the second most populous religion in your country. I don't know what the religious freedom laws there are, but are you in a situation where you can talk to your employers and work your breaks around prayer times, or is there anything in your employee handbook that allows for time off for worship, as this may be able to be used in the workplace?
Karim77

SWITZERLAND
Posted - Thursday, September 16, 2010  -  8:55 AM Reply with quote
No. Thats impossible. we are a secular country, and I work for a goverment financed institution. it would never be allowed.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, September 20, 2010  -  3:11 PM Reply with quote
W salaam
I'm sure the job timings be as per routine (like 9am-5pm). if so then You'll offer Fajr(the morning prayer before the sun rise) at home.
Then if possible pray Zuhr (the Noon prayer) in your Lunch break, 'Asr (afternoon prayer) at the end of office time there if possible or where you are staying. you may offer Zuhr before 'Asr if you can't offer Zuhr at office.

I hope there'll be no prog in offering Maghrib (sunset) & Esha (Night) prayers.
Karim77

SWITZERLAND
Posted - Tuesday, September 21, 2010  -  10:26 AM Reply with quote
My Brother

thx u much. this really helps. I will try as u say. Maghrib and Isha prayer is no problem at all, and Fajr I can do as well. All praise be to Allah!
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, September 21, 2010  -  1:32 PM Reply with quote
Thank you Ibrahim Sahab for your help and also for taking time out to be here on these forums.
Karim77

SWITZERLAND
Posted - Wednesday, September 29, 2010  -  7:36 AM Reply with quote
my friends thx again for all you encouragment. I want to tell you that I also startet to read much about the history of Islam in spain and their so called golden age. I am inspired by what Islam was able to achieve. In the west here, u dont learn anything about this in school. not once did I hear that muslims were the leading astronomers, doctors, agriculturist, and so on. Allah akbar! One book that was particular inspiring "the golden age of the moors". One more question: As a convert which madhab do I follow? So far I have read most about maliki...but how does a convert decide? May Pecae and blessing be upon Muhammed and his family, and Ibrahim and his family and all of you!! Thx
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, September 30, 2010  -  11:47 AM Reply with quote
salam brother karim

congrat. for being muslim....

but which school of thought within islam u should follow ( maliki,shafai or hanfi or whatever...the list is big...)?????? is not only your problem...
this is the setback of muslim nation since many centuries.......but Islam is above all such division.....

those all great scholars (Malik, Shafi or Abu Hanifa etc) did NOT ask muslims to follow thier opinions as FIXED VERDICT OF ISLAM....it is after long time of them, their followers made them must to follow.....
and since then, this has been the test of GOD for all sincere muslims....

in my opinion, stick to Quran and sunnah......and whatever in your life from time to time , u would find right thing , just follow...whether it is from maliki, or hanfi or salafi or wahabi etc etc...

your judgement about all these schools should be thru Quran only.....
as I said these all great scholars were not in favor of making separate school of thought..it is their die hard followers who made them so important, more than they deserve.....

it does not matter if one thing you follow from maliki or other from hanafi etc....

those all are simple guidelines from different great scholars...you can choose from any of them according to your own understanding and circumstances......

Good thing about it that all sects or divided school agree on BASIC OF ISLAM....

GOD would see only your sincerity and intention....so continue your life till your death to do, whatever u would find better in any school of thought.....

Remember!!! it is GOD who guides us and sometimes many ways , although very different from each other , are correct in the eyes of GOD....

Good luck......

GOd knows better.....

Edited by: safimera on Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:14 PM
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, September 30, 2010  -  3:20 PM Reply with quote
Salam Karim and Safimera I apologise for not replying earlier, You are quite right Safimera we must seek guidance from whichever scholar we can i will get back to you on some books or website for you to learn from.
safimera how did your tests go? Nice to hear from you.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, October 1, 2010  -  1:15 AM Reply with quote
saba22==> salam and thanks.

it was good but pray for me to pass...result would be in Nov.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 3, 2010  -  1:00 AM Reply with quote
Karim to learn about Islam go on this link http://www.al-mawrid.org click on download books you will find a lot of material if you scroll down the list on number 6 you have "
Islam: A Comprehensive Introduction: An English Translation of Mizan", you can start with that and go through other material also. You will find knowledge and answer to questions you might be having.
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, October 3, 2010  -  1:02 AM Reply with quote
Safimera our prayers are with you.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker