1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 1 of 11

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sista_amina

NEW ZEALAND
Topic initiated on Sunday, June 6, 2010  -  12:42 PM Reply with quote
Where is our one and only sister Moderator?

This is in Link to my message on Women's Forum today that I posted today.

"Confirmation Bias"

But is it because you have taken our one and only sister Moderator away from us on this website?

salam alaykum everyone. I have just returned from a holiday for Umrah tul Mecca Medina and from Pakistan. May Allah SWt make things better in our country, we still love it the most in the whole world!

However I am very disappointed on returning to the forums. What is happening here? Where is our one and only sister Moderator hkhan of the forums gone? Looking at this thread I can see that she has tried to send here messages but stopped. I emailed her and am extremely shocked to hear that some of the colleague brothers in this religious work have pressurized her to step down so she preferred to send in her resignation. However she said that she will continue her mission to Serve Humanity even if she has to do it alone or without her shadow! she also said that may be she has made a mistake in understanding the difference of personalities, so she really does not wish to protest or make a fuss about all this. But I just felt that sister is unnecessarily taking all the blame on herself. This is a very sad and dangerous situation when the Ummah is already struggling against oppression everywhere & the admin should immediately take notice of this situation and try and solve it positively.

I can believe this when I hear about the Lady minister of Publicity and Communications in Pakistan Mrs. Raman, when she had given this statement, but I cannot understand how can this happen to a sister working with the people of this website who have published literature supporting Women's position in Islam?

If this is the situation, then this website and the work and message they are trying to promote will just go out of the window. Muslims are already disappointed and looking for the people who are Muslims in practice, not just by talks and writings. The market is full with such a class already! Why one more website or organization then?

If we could not handle properly and with decency a strong woman of hard work, skill and confidence and also a professional lady who is trying to support the work of Deen without any reward like money or anything else, then how do we claim to bring a change to the Muslim Ummah that we are talking about? If we have failed to look after it's daughters and mothers properly?

The problem is not whether we give a Muslim woman the right to keep or remove her Hijab, the real fact is that how much respect, say and authority are we prepared to give to her when she comes out and trusts us to work with us? The prophet of Islam Muhammad SAW became the Hero of Muslim women of the all the women of the world by giving her these very opportunities in life. This is a great test of ego and control for our brothers because they can make a sister feel that the rest of the brothers and around her and the managers of this organization were uncomfortable with this recognition of her's as they openly showed in their attitudes and hence isolated her in order to create a situation of "Confirmation Bias".
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, June 6, 2010  -  1:35 PM Reply with quote
if it is true then it is shocking.....
i have same words to express what sista_amina said......

apart of general issues, hkhan was also the voice of women version of muslim world...u could disagree with her but she was very bold, expressive and vocal what a muslim women could think in her mind.....

i do not know where will go if we do not have any representative from half of world population......

all men but especially women of the forum should protest......
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 6, 2010  -  9:08 PM Reply with quote
email Message from hkhan

"Thank you for your support, but I really do not think that I have to protest or even that I have time for this. How can I protest against the work and people that I patronize and am still promoting them.

I am glad that the admin has been 'kind' :) to let me continue to send my work related messages in through Studying Islam UK that I initiated here a while ago and still working on it along with Renaissance Readers Club and its Faith Anchor Project as well as Serving Humanity."

Edited by: samra on Monday, June 14, 2010 7:52 PM
sista_amina

NEW ZEALAND
Posted - Tuesday, June 8, 2010  -  10:21 AM Reply with quote
I appreciate this spirit of forgiveness and peace making but she should not blame herself for everything. We agree that even in the West there can be discrimination because of gender and ethnicity but then here are systems that keep a check on these unfair happenings. Men can go to jail and stand in the courts for accountability if they have discriminated against a woman colleague because of gender and ignoring merit. Hence a man will think twice before taking any such step.

Sadly us Muslims keep quoting great examples of our great muslim heros and prophets and say that we are accountable to AlLah SWT but we have a free hand to take action against our sisters as and when we like because we are relaxed that we don't have a wordly check system upon us. Whatever will happen in the Hereafter, we will handle it!

I think this website and school of thought is excellent but they WILL have to review their policies about women. I have done a bit of research and found out that although they have quoted women's names in certain places like publications or governors, so on and so forth, but when it comes to making them a part of a working and decision making body, they are absolutely not even near to that. They still categorize their women in class 2 and back benches.

Whereas I have heard in their Misconceptions talks that they condemn the traditionalthought of not trusting woman for such skills or taking her as not clever enough to do such jobs. But when it comes to practice, they wish to keep their women in the traditional and cultural role. Hence they do not promote any outsider women for such a role either.

Women's psychology about eachother is also very very tricky in such a situation. When the wives of these brothers feel that an outsider woman is coming in to play this role, strangely enough they tend to desist and reject any such 'invasion' in their 'property; a typical cultural and traditional threat about 'loosing husbands' in our culture.

Whole of this picture makes it very very difficult for an activist and a vocal Muslim woman who has the skill and capacity to walk with our brothers at the same competetive pace, rather better sometimes as in this case, and who has not only high professional aims & achievements but also high religious mission and dreams to perform at the best level utilizing the best of her her merits, just because she loves Allah SWT and His Deen.

There is a high tendency for people to misunderstand such a lady and this in itself is a great trial for her.
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, June 8, 2010  -  5:52 PM Reply with quote
I think this website and school of thought is excellent but they WILL have to review their policies about women.

a sincere message to Admin. of this forum, if they do not take it as issue of ego!!!
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Tuesday, June 8, 2010  -  5:56 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I think this website and school of thought is excellent but they WILL have to review their policies about women

sorry to send it again:
(it was not mine quote; so now sent it again with quote sign.(ooops)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 8, 2010  -  6:19 PM Reply with quote
quote:

if it is true then it is shocking.....apart of general issues, hkhan was also the voice of women version of muslim world...

safimera, that is indeed a Shocking news.

Please convey this message from this uncle aboosait to Henna Khan that I consider the behaviour of the forum organisers towards a knowledgeable, understanding and devoted moderator like her, to be most unfair. They should apologise and give her the opportunity to continue with her dawa activities on this forum.

quote:

.....should protest......

Yes, Insha Allah I am with you all for this just cause.
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  1:52 AM Reply with quote
Dear sisters,

I visited this site after a long time and by chance saw this thread.Since i am the elected General Secretary of understanding Islam UK i thought it is my religious and moral duty to clarify some grave misunderstanding about sister Henna Khan.

I say this with my God as witness and with the realisation that one day i will be standing before him to answer my actions.

Sister Henna Khan was once a member of Understanding Islam UK when it was in its initial developing stages but she chose to resign as she thought that working for studying islam or Rennaissance suited her more.We had no issues with that and always had good relations with her.UI UK(Understanding Islam UK) started making progress by the grace of God and Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi,pioneer of Al-Mawrid,the mother institute of all our sites visited UK in 2008 and was full of praise for our work.It was at this stage sister Henna showed interest in joining us.We had no issues with that and we wanted her to join our organisation through the same channel as we had for everyone else.Unfortunately,she wanted to bypass all the rules and regulations and had the desire to become trustee straightaway.This was an extremely unreasonable demand and unworthy of a religious person.When we rejected her demand she reacted very strongly and started criticising all of us unneccesarily hurling baseless accusations of being biased and sexist.She even insulted our wives who in her views were only good enough for kitchen.We ignored her insults and still thought she may be considered as a member and if she improves her behaviour she couold progress to become trustee if the members showed confidence in her but unfortunately her baseless accusations never ceased and one day we had to tell her that we no longer want to have any relations with her at the level of organisation,however,as a muslim she still remains our sister and there are no issues about that.
Let me clarify that her relations with UI UK went sour only last year but she was warned by Al-Mawrid's responsible people already to stop portraying her as their representative as she was not even projecting their correct image.

My dear sisters,i have only mentioned a few things regarding sister Henna with whom i still have good relations.If it was'nt unethical i would have shown you some of her insulting emails to us,however,If you want to have more details on the issue you can call me on UI UK's phone number 0161 304 7849 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0161 304 7849      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0161 304 7849      end_of_the_skype_highlighting or email me on m.zaheer@sky.com.

My only sincere advise to you all is to never form opinions after listening to only one side.It is mandatory upon us to investigate the truth before forming opinions.

Before concluding i would like to tell you that UI UK has 10 female members who are given equal respect.Whosoever fulfils our criteria,man or woman, can become our trustee.Would you still think that we are sexist and biased towards women?

May Allah give us the strength to submit to truth all the time.

Your brother

Mujahid
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  2:02 AM Reply with quote
Brother Aboosait,i saw your email after i had sent the message and that is why i only addressed sisters in my message.

I have no bias towards men:)

regards

Mujahid
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  7:55 AM Reply with quote
mujji===> thanks for clarification:
i think much to think about what u said.

I appreciate that u entered and gave your version:

as far as Hkhan's comments on different topics are concerned, were all ,I believe, sincere and according to her right to express freely....

and i think the admin. had given her full freedom in this regard:

we all were conerned about those expression, comments and her views.

what internally happened inside understandingislam admin......I am not sure who is right or wrong...

but I pray that conflicts should be resolved
and both sides , for the sake of a good islamic forum like this, should consider ending the conflict with each other.

one suggestion ==> mr mujji:

withour a woman moderator, this forum would remain a bias forum:

in this era, we cannot ignore the representation in every dept. of the other half 3 billion population of the world (woman):

you must bring a woman moderator . This is my humble opinion.

MAy GOD help us.....
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  9:20 AM Reply with quote
Sister,God on that day will decide who is right and who is wrong.As i said,outside organisation,sister Henna is my sister and i have no issues with her.If my real sister or daughter would have adopted the attitude which she chose to adopt i would have responded the same way as we,as muslims,must uphold truth and justice at all costs even if it goes against our near and dear ones.

Yes,you are right not just this forum but in every walk of life women's participation is mandatory.They are 50% of the world's population.How can they be ignored.That is why in UI UK we strongly promote family's participation and discourage those men who attend our programmes on their own.

We are training atleast 6 ladies from our members and one of them has been recently appointed to be the first point of contacct for new females outside UI UK.Her details will be given out soon,insha'Allah.There is every possibility that either she or one of the 6 becomes coordinator of this forum but this is just my thought.Administrators of this forum will make final decision.

Jazak'Allah,for your comments and suggestions.

Mujahid
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  9:37 AM Reply with quote
Just one more thing.If we had any bias against sister henna we would not have given her 'serving Humanity'website link on our website for which she is team director and without doubt does an excellent work.

Please,see links on our website http://www.understanding-islam.org.uk/
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  9:58 AM Reply with quote
To say the least, I am SHOCKED by reading all this.... For me all team members of Al-Mawrid and all related team members are ROLE MODELS and I am literelly shocked to read all this.

This is an extremely depressing situation for me and I am unable to decide what should I do now.... I cannot even think of any such dispute among these ppl, so much so that initially for couple of days I didn't even bother to read this thread only assuming that Respected Madam Henna must be busy somewhere or on leave and will join back very soon....

I would request the moderators of this site and UI UK to kindly resolve this matter at your end and please do not post your issues here on the forum as we, who gave very high ranks to you people are really traumatized by all this.
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  1:22 PM Reply with quote
Dear brother Atif,
I fully appreciate your feelings and i can assure you that all of us who were involved in this went through the emotional trauma but what can you do when you are confronted with such situations?We dealt with the situation in the light of Quranic guidance and did nothing else.We were patient to the limit and ignored things for months,however,when matters were exceeding limits and our lives were being effected we had to take some steps.

The only reason i sent clarification was because some sisters on the forum were getting wrong impression of the entire episode.It was my moral duty to send clarifications.I do apologise that it has traumatised you which ofcourse was not intended,however,you would appreciate that if i knew the truth and still kept silent it would be so unfair to all those who were being accused baselessly.

As i have repeatedly said that sister Henna is still my sister and we still exchange healthy emails but unfortunately it was not possible to work together for very obvious reasons.

Having said all this if she,in future,realises what she has done and is prepared to abide by our rules we will welcome her wholeheartedly.

May Allah forgive us and make us selfless muslims.

Once again please forgive us all for dissappointing you.It is people like you who keep people like me on the right path.

'Tawasee Bil haq wa tawasee bil sabr'

Mujahid
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  2:31 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Brother Aboosait,i saw your email after i had sent the message and that is why i only addressed sisters in my message.

I have no bias towards men:)

regards

Mujahid

Brother Mujahid, I never sent you any e-mail. And how could I have sent one when I had never known you prior to my reading your above referenced post here in his forum?

And your message addressing sisters only was Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Moreover you have Posted the above message on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 at 2:02 AM whereas my post is dated Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 6:19 PM. If in a fit of confusion you have called my post here as an e-mail anyone can see that that you have posted almost 8 hours later and there seems to be no chance of your not having taken notice of my blue font and read it.

I request all the participants of this thread to kindly note the above points which will be of use in future as this debate progresses.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 3:04 PM
mujji

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  3:21 PM Reply with quote
Brother,

Yes,i mistakenly called your post an email and yes i ignored your email in the first place as the sister's emails were more detailed and i was concentrating on them more.

God bless you.

Mujahid

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next page >>
Page 1 of 11

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker