Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, April 17, 2010  -  9:24 PM Reply with quote
the cloud~ ice-landish volcano& call to humanity!!

it has never been so quiet living around haethrow. 4th day of quiet skies. otherwise you wud hardly feel uninterrupted by the aeroplane noises during conversations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8627545.stm

does it remind of the cloud at the time of Aa'd and inclines us towards prayers? just like thick and continuous snowfall we just faced during the last winter or ongoing earthquakes arouund the world.

can we still take them as signs of God to assess our life styles. materialism is making the climate and the global situation worst day by day but none of us is ready to change our life styles to a little bit of simplicity & sharing perhaps

"the sufferers will never remain sufferers if the non-sufferers protest about this suffering"
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Monday, April 19, 2010  -  7:30 AM Reply with quote
quote:

but none of us is ready to change our life styles to a little bit of simplicity & sharing perhaps

quote:

"the sufferers will never remain sufferers if the non-sufferers protest about this suffering"

very well said....but very hard to do..

especially the first one.....
i personally tried many times but social, cultural and family pressures all stop u to do....

anyway!! keep trying and saying is the only option we have....
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, April 23, 2010  -  4:03 AM Reply with quote
quote:

it has never been so quiet living around haethrow. 4th day of quiet skies.
That was in the media. How is it now? Have the flights resumed?

I was wondering about the fate of those waiting in the queue to get naked body sacanning done because the journy was important.

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, April 23, 2010 4:09 AM
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Friday, April 23, 2010  -  5:33 AM Reply with quote
almost all flights have been resumed...

quote:

I was wondering about the fate of those waiting in the queue to get naked body sacanning done because the journy was important.

NAKED body scanning is NOT naked body scanning as most people think...

person is crossing the mahine with full cloths and in screen, u can see any metal and bones of the body (like xrays) , very clear.....
otherwise face and other parts of the body are quite hazzy and unclear.....

and secondly, not everybody is supposed to go thru this machine...

people going to USA only and otherwise randomly selected people.....
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, April 23, 2010  -  6:53 AM Reply with quote
And what about this ? Is this the result of Oil Greed and the bad omens of the oppressed who have been killed and tortured in the wars in middle east for such a materialistic cause of Oil? I think we are getting a message here again to amend our ways. Value people more than oil or other material!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8638938.stm

US President Barack Obama has said that dealing with Tuesday's oil rig disaster in the Gulf of Mexico is a "number one priority".

The government was providing "all assistance needed" in the rescue effort off Louisiana, and in mitigating any environmental impact, he said.

The Deepwater Horizon sank after a blast, leaving 11 workers missing.

There are fears of a major spill, with the coastguards saying the rig may be leaking 8,000 barrels of oil per day.

'Assumed dead'

The rig was carrying out exploratory drilling 84km (52 miles) south-east of the Louisiana port of Venice when the blast occurred.

BBC map

Seventeen workers were injured and more than 100 were evacuated.

The rig had been burning for 36 hours when it sank on Thursday despite efforts to control the flames. A day earlier it had been reportedly tilting about 70 degrees and threatening to topple over.

There has been no sign of the 11 missing workers, despite rescue efforts by patrol boats and an aerial search.

Adrian Rose from Transocean, which owns the rig, said those unaccounted for may have been close to the blast and unable to escape.

Carolyn Kemp, whose 27-year old grandson is missing, said that families had been told that it was unlikely any more had survived.

"They're assuming all those men who were on the platform are dead," Ms Kemp told Associated Press. "That's the last we've heard."

Leak fears

Rescue crews had covered the expanse of the rig 12 times by air and five times by boat before it sank.

DEEPWATER HORIZON
Deepwater Horizon oil rig on fire off Louisiana on 21 April 2010
Designated a semi-submersible drilling unit
Built in 2001 by South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries Shipyard
Size: 396ft (120m) long by 256ft (78m) wide
Designed to operate in water depths of up to 8,000ft

Seventeen of the 126 workers were evacuated by air and sea for treatment on Wednesday.

Those injured had suffered burns, smoke inhalation and broken bones. Four were critically injured.

Another 100 were later taken by boat to Port Fourchon where they were checked by doctors. They were then taken to a hotel in New Orleans to be reunited with their families.

Meanwhile, there are worries that the now submerged rig is leaking large volumes of oil into the Gulf.

US Coast Guard Petty Officer Katherine McNamara told Associated Press the submerged well could potentially be releasing 8,000 barrels (300,000 gallons) of crude oil per day.

Rear Adm Mary Landry said crews saw an area measuring one mile by five miles (1.5km by 8km) of what appeared to be oil on the surface of the water.

Officials say the environmental damage would be worst if any spill reached the Louisiana shore, 50 miles away.

Deepwater Horizon was drilling for BP on part of the Mississippi Canyon Block 252 known as the Macondo prospect, in 1,500m (5,000ft) of water.

Built in 2001 by South Korea's Hyundai, the semi-submersible rig is 120m (396ft) long and 78m (256ft) wide, according to Transocean.

It said there had been no signs of trouble before the explosion and crews had been doing routine work.

The dangers of working on an oil rig have declined in recent decades, but the job can still be risky.

Since 2001, there have been 858 fires and explosions in the Gulf, according to the federal Minerals Management Service.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 27, 2010  -  12:19 PM Reply with quote
Quote: I was wondering about the fate of those waiting in the queue to get naked body sacanning done...

hmm uncle...now we know why ur pc keeps blocking u from bbc news links which are on the gay and other sexual health topics....aap ka dhian aik hee taraf jata hae ~naughty uncle ok! we'll hv to report to aunty soon(if she is still hayat alhamdulaillah?)
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 5, 2010  -  4:22 PM Reply with quote
Quiet skies again over Scotland and Ireland. More flights cancelled. There may be some cancellations in other parts of England according to the News.There is an ongoing message for the humanity in this repeated volcanic ash. Are we drifting away from God and Good into Matter and Material. Is our Creator calling us back to him and the human values?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 6, 2010  -  10:00 AM Reply with quote
hkhan U K Posted - Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:19 PM wrote
quote:

~naughty uncle ........

samra U K Posted - Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 4:22 PM wrote
quote:

.......... More flights cancelled.Are we drifting away from God and Good into Matter and Material. Is our Creator calling us back to him and the human values?
I still feel Naked scanning at airports is one such reason.
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 6, 2010  -  5:01 PM Reply with quote
Very sad uncle. we thought you had learnt your lesson :P Haven't you had your prostate scan yet? Most men have had it by 60.
And the oil spillage-U.S. still trying to deal with that. What is left now from Iraq to America- to take home, no body knows because 800 gallons was mixing into sea water every day last week and the picture is not different this week. More climate change conferences now and more money needed for that.
Greed of material takes you nowhere!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, May 6, 2010  -  5:48 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Very sad uncle. we thought you had learnt your lesson :P Haven't you had your prostate scan yet? Most men have had it by 60.
And the oil spillage-U.S.!.........
Looks crazy. What has the oil spillage to do with cancellation of flights and volacanic ash?
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 6, 2010  -  7:57 PM Reply with quote
And what has the Debt crises in Athens to do with this all where people have gone mad today, out of houses , on the roads. The Police does not know how to control this rage. People protesting against their cuts. If this crises was not controlled, the whole of the eurozone will be effected. Keep checking world news, not only All India News! Then you will know what is happening in the whole world and what are the messages. This is one big message from God to the whole humanity against materialism and worldly gains.
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, May 15, 2010  -  2:54 PM Reply with quote
More Smoke
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8684540.stm

Chapter name: SMOKE - Dukha'n
But watch you for the day when the sky will produce visible smoke (10) That will envelop the people. This will be a painful torment. (11) (Then they will say): Our Lord relieve us of the torment. Lo! we are believers. (12) How can there be remembrance for them, when a messenger making plain (the Truth) had already come unto them, (13) And they had turned away from him and said: One taught (by others), a madman? (14) Lo! We withdraw the torment a little. Lo! ye return (to disbelief). (15) On the day when We shall seize them with the greater seizure, (then) in truth We shall punish. (16) And verily We tried before them Pharaoh's folk, when there came unto them a noble messenger,(Moses) (17) Saying: Give up to me the slaves of God. Lo! I am a faithful messenger unto you. (18) And saying: Be not proud against God. Lo! I bring you a clear warrant. (19) And lo! I have sought refuge in my Lord and your Lord lest you stone me to death. (20) And if you put no faith in me, then let me go. (21) And he cried unto his Lord, (saying): These are guilty folk. (22) Then (his Lord commanded): Take away My slaves by night. Lo! you will be followed, (23) And leave the sea behind at rest, for lo! they are a drowned host. (24) How many were the gardens and the watersprings that they left behind, (25) And the cornlands and the goodly sites (26) And pleasant things wherein they took delight! (27) Even so (it was), and We made it an inheritance for other folk; (28) And the heaven and the earth wept not for them, nor were they reprieved. (29) And We delivered the Children of Israel from the shameful doom; (30) (We delivered them) from Pharaoh. Lo! he was a tyrant of the wanton ones. (31) And We chose them, purposely, above (all) creatures. (32) And We gave them portents wherein was a clear trial. (33)
Qura'n
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 8, 2010  -  1:08 PM Reply with quote
Economic crises
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10150007.stm

Oil Spill and Environment crises
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and_canada/10262385.stm

The world is looking for reformers. South East Asia came up with tremendously high caliber of Islamic scholars but the reason they never got a leadership I think was in the favor of their message. In this way they atleast remained free and worked for the human beings and did not get bound by artificial boundaries like names of parties, so called institutes and organisations which would have left their message lost in the political fiasco making them bound to people instead of God.

Today we have excellent scholars and more resources like technology but sadly they are all tied up by names, fame and sectors amongst themselves. Leadership has rather taken away their freedom to spread the word. In my understanding this is a visible example of hidden polytheism where humans take the position of God.

Edited by: samra on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 1:12 PM
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, June 9, 2010  -  8:38 AM Reply with quote
quote:

The world is looking for reformers. South East Asia came up with tremendously high caliber of Islamic scholars but the reason they never got a leadership I think was in the favor of their message. In this way they atleast remained free and worked for the human beings and did not get bound by artificial boundaries like names of parties, so called institutes and organisations which

samra====> very well said.....we need reformers always and there are many sincere reformers today also are there....and it is good that they are free and individual...

I do not understand that why people looking for single political laedership ????

no need.....we have to create our surrounding atmosphere where ethics (ikhlaaq), honesty and freedom (to practice your religion) would sustain and prevail....
then u would practice your religion and convey the message of your religion to other with wisdom.....
then after this, your job is finished....
now It is GOD's job to decide whether HE would give guidance to that man/woman or not????

no need for political islamic govt. or non-islamic govt.....

just islamic atmosphere and ethical (ikhlaaq ) behavior.....then rest will be judged for each individual in the judgement day.

It is a big irony that since Hazrat Ali (pbuh) there has been never a single musilm state in the history (1400 hundred yrs)but we still believe that one day there would be a single muslim state in one leadership....

and some innocent muslims still believe that one day the whole world under a single muslim leadership...

u can pray for that, u can hope for that, u can wish for that...antything could be possible ....but its failure should not be considered an imperfect islamic world...

GOD knows better....
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2010  -  5:39 PM Reply with quote
This is not about wishing to have amn Islamic state. what I said is about a leadership for the educational work.

coming to the topic now that things are happening around the world like the volcano ash and recent oil spill in the gulf of Mexico. Affecting the world economy and tremendously high stress levels on super powers.These are signs from God. What are we doing in this world. do we think that excluding God from our lives or excluding the concept of accountability will give us allthe success and happiness in this world? Well it is not happening.
#

"Barack Obama Mr Obama: Time for transition from an oil-based economy

US President Barack Obama has said the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico will have the same impact on the US psyche as 9/11. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and_canada/10307782.stm

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker