Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, March 24, 2010  -  6:46 PM Reply with quote
Tafhim-ul-Quran and Tadabbur-i-Quran-

Tafhim-ul-Quran by Maulana Mawdudi and Tadabbur-i-Quran by Amin Ahsan Islahi are two path-breaking and monumental commentaries of The Quran. Let us try a comparative study of them and pinpoint distinguishing features of them.
samra

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 25, 2010  -  11:10 PM Reply with quote
I find Maulana Modoodi's tafseer very easy. Tadabbur is a bit Heavy and needs more time to assimilate but of course very very elaborate.We need more time to read it.May be one day I will.INSHALA. I have only browsed the 1st volume in my father's library a few years ago.
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 26, 2010  -  4:54 PM Reply with quote
Thanks for reply!Actually I have posted this topic to elicit the views of my forum-mates about these scholars which will help me assimilate my study better and will help me revise my opinions if I am wrong somewhere. And my ultimate purpose is that it may help us understand the Book of Allah in a better way!Looking forward to thorough discussions!
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 26, 2010  -  6:42 PM Reply with quote
What I have found additional and highly important in Tadabbur is an excellent explanation of the backgrounds of the surahs, coherence of one to the previous and next, a broadly elaborated history of not only Quraan, rather of the previous Divine revelations. Also there is a sufficient mention of the language of Quraan itself while keeping in the Arabic language, it's history including the use of the language in poetry at the time which made the giants of the poetry of the times of Mohammed SAW submit to it. I think together all these features make it a classical piece of understanding the last revelation from it's roots to it's fruits-that can be possibly achieved.Only by the licky ones though!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker