Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mbellos

NIGERIA
Topic initiated on Saturday, February 13, 2010  -  10:45 PM Reply with quote
VaLentine DaY!!

Assalamoeleikum warahmatullahwabarakatuhu

My fRiend LutFa has sent this to me.What do you brothers and Sisters think?

REP UR DEEN roses are red, violets are blue, Valentines day is what the kuffars do, shaytaan is the third present between the intimate two, so remember oh Muslim, its HARAAM for you! (please share to all, on your status, fisabillilaah) "And Remind, for indeed the reminder benefits the believer" (Qur'aan 51:55)
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 14, 2010  -  4:18 AM Reply with quote
w Salaam warahmatullahwabarakatuhu

pl note that saying a thing Haram needs a direct command of Allah or/& His prophet PBUH. No Scholar has the right to ay any thing Haram.
However anyone can give an opinion about any thing how harsh it may be.
Now a days it's v hard to avoid things like valentine day. Therefore it's the need of the hour that we should start amending such things. there is no harm in expressing our true love to our those relatives where it can have no objection. therefore we'll say that brothers should do so to sisters, husbands to their ow wives & sons to their mothers & that's all.
abdrahman

NIGERIA
Posted - Sunday, February 14, 2010  -  2:00 PM Reply with quote
Salam alaikum,
I am glad you put forward this discussion. I have alot of people saying valentines day is haram. I did my little research on the history and found that it is used to commemorate the death of a saint called valentine. I want us to however note that there is this general perception that this is a period used to express volcanic love to who ever you want to. however, this is not what the period only preaches. It all extends it hand of love to people who are down, the sick and the needy. In conclusion, i will say thier is the good part of the celebration and the bad part. I will only advice anyone who want to partake to only do the part that will add to your no of good deeds than to your bad deeds. and if u are still doubtful Prophet Muhammed (SAW) has adviced that u should leave anything u are doubtful completely.
Ma-salam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 14, 2010  -  7:12 PM Reply with quote
salam. happy valentine day to all!
get up and dress up for ur spouse; talk or sing. 'coz it's worth! show him/her that u r thankful to God for having them. and show to God how grateful u r for your partner.
for married couples, their valentine day was their wedding day, for the single ones' it will be their wedding day.insh'Allah
enjoy Allah's blessings and remember in your prayers all the people in the world who are going through any difficult times

"Be more than Gentle, for Everyone is Fighting some sort of Battle in Life"
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 15, 2010  -  4:34 AM Reply with quote
w Salam & Jzakillah

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker