Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Tuesday, February 2, 2010  -  1:49 PM Reply with quote
Wife Become Na-Mahram After Death

Assalam o Alaikum,

Please check the following question at studying-islam sister site Al-Mawrid.org:

AL-MAWRID Q/A

I am confused about the answer... May be other ppl says so but i don't think that Mr. Javed Ghamidi is of the same point of view. Kindly explain.
muhammadasif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, February 4, 2010  -  9:46 AM Reply with quote
The author in fact has explained various views on the topic and one of the application, as given byby the fuqaha, of Quranic Verse regarding prohibition of nikah with real sister of one's wife.
I think the verse related to prohibition of nikah with sister of one's living wife because quranic instructions to be followed are for living human beings.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, February 26, 2010  -  4:19 PM Reply with quote
atifrafi,

Wa alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

I suppose what you wish to know is whether a Wife After Death Becomes Na-Mahram to the husband she leaves behind.

I also read the answers of al-mowrid in the page linked by you which is in Urdu and find that al mowrid is endorsing the views of their "fuqahaa" (though I dont understand who their 'fuqaha' are.)that the husband cannot even wash the body of his deceased wife.عورت اپنے شوہر کو غسل بھی دے سکتی ہے۔ کچھ لوگ کہتے ہیں کہ بیوی کی وفات کے بعد نکاح بھی ٹوٹ جاتا ہے

I feel that they at al-mowrid have not come across the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), who said:
quote:

“The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came back from (the cemetery of) al-Baqee’ and found me suffering a headache, saying ‘Oh, my head!’ He said, ‘No, O ‘Aa’ishah, it is I who should be saying, “Oh, my head!”’ Then he said, ‘What’s the matter? If you die before me, I will take care of you: I will wash your body, wrap you in your shroud, pray for you and bury you.’” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, 1454; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz, page 50).

It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah said, concerning the death of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him),
quote:

“If I could go back and do things all over again, no one would wash him but his wives.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, 3733. Al-Albaani classed its isnaad as saheeh in Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz, p. 49).

Edited by: aboosait on Friday, February 26, 2010 4:28 PM
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 27, 2010  -  9:13 AM Reply with quote
Salaams,
Really then reply of Rafi Mufti is ambiguous,a very unlikely thing as far as the scholars at al-mawrid are concerned! what do u say brother Ibrahim?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, February 27, 2010  -  11:11 AM Reply with quote
uncle aboosait salam:great to c u back. (is our member abounoman ur cousin?)
how was ur tour to australia:)

also check out:

http://al-mawrid.org/pages/questions_urdu_detail.php?qid=1164&;cid=278
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, February 27, 2010  -  3:53 PM Reply with quote
quote:

uncle aboosait salam:great to c u back..........

Jazakallahu khair.
quote:

.........is our member abounoman......
No I dont have a cousin by that name.
quote:

.....how was ur tour to australia:......
Some misunderstanding there....I went out of my country only once and have stayed in only one country abroad and that was the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and my stay was less than two months. Never been to Australia.
quote:

also check out:http://al-mawrid.org/pages/questions_urdu_detail.php?qid=1164&;cid=278
My previous post was a comment on that page. The question is about a wife who is dead and her relationship with her widower. And that Urdu page is talking of relation of the widower with his unmarried 'Saalee'. Totally off topic reply.

So I have quoted the Hadith of Ayesha May Allah's Peace and Blessings be on her.

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:54 PM
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 1, 2010  -  6:44 AM Reply with quote
Dear Aboosait,

I agree with you. I have attended some lectures of Mr. Javed Ghamidi and I am sure that once he also stated that this is said by Fuqha BUT he DISAGREE with others scholars.

I am also confused for the same reason that according to Respected Mr. Ghamidi's point of view Man can give bath to his deceased wife. Rather he said that its the BEST option that Husband should Give Bath to his deceased wife. I am not sure why at the Al-Mawrid site answer is different.

Also, any solid reason is missing to support the answer.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 1, 2010  -  9:21 AM Reply with quote
the problenm is thatwe r mixing 2 things here and the consequences of such confusion are bad~as wen i was at one of my inlaws uncle's funeral here in uk, aunty was not allowed by the local religious personnel/imams to even see uncle after death, let alone bathing. she kept weeping at the window as his corpseleft .everyone else went to the grave yard but she wasnt allowed!it was terrible. i kept raising my voice but this is wat i tell my brothers here."naqar khane mein toti ke awaz kawn sunta" we all hv to join hands tohave our voice heard.

anyway, we need to understand the point that jvd sb is making here is about nikah. our problem is that we block our own minds after a scholar guides us. where did he say that it means that the wife or husband cant see eachother's dead body or bathe them?
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 1, 2010  -  1:39 PM Reply with quote
Respected Madam,

I think you are right, there is some confusion going on. Let me explain Why I posted the question here:

It is written on the referred Q/A that Wife bacame Na Mahram for her husband after her death and the Husband cannot even see her.

My question is:

I don't think Mr. Javed Ghamidi holds the same point of view. According to my understanding, Ghimidi Sb once said in his lecture that Husband Can see, touch and give bath to her deceased wife.

1. Please confirm if my understanding about Ghamidi Sb's point of view is correct or not?

2. If I am right, then i am confused why the answer is different at the Al-Mawrid website.

I hope I am able to clarify now.

Kind Regards
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, March 1, 2010  -  4:16 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.....aunty was not allowed by the local religious personnel/imams to even see uncle after death,...

I thought it happens only in India. Your lot is supposed to be sensible, educated.... Haaye afsos! ... this blind following of mullas....
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 1, 2010  -  8:33 PM Reply with quote
Aboosait one of your posts has been deleted due to unacceptable language used for other members and 'Mullas' as you call them.

Please continue to send your valuable posts but be careful in this regard. We do not wish to offend other members or visitors. This is a basic requisite of our code of conduct as well as Islamic manners..
Thank you.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 2, 2010  -  2:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

........It is written on the referred Q/A that Wife bacame Na Mahram for her husband after her death and the Husband cannot even see her..........
After death the soul is kept in the barzakh until the day of resurrection. The body is to be washed, shrouded and laid to rest after performing the funeral prayers. The prophet prefered that the husband himself do all this as can be seen from the Hadith of Ayeshah that I have quoted in one of the posts above. Let us ignore any fatwa which is contrary to the wishes of the Prophet Sallallahu 'alahi wasallam. May Allah save the Ummah from such fitna. Ameen.

As you have rightly pointed out, the issue of a widower marrying a sister of his deceased wife cannot come in the way of his rights and duties as a Muslim towards the body of the departed soul

Edited by: aboosait on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 2:48 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 2, 2010  -  2:54 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Aboosait one of your posts has been deleted due to unacceptable language used for other members and 'Mullas' as you call them.

Please continue to send your valuable posts but be careful in this regard. We do not wish to offend other members or visitors. This is a basic requisite of our code of conduct as well as Islamic manners..
Thank you.
Jazakallahu khair. I apologise if anyone felt offended from my previous post. My intention was not to malign or insult anyone but an expression of disgust towards the trend among some Islamic societies where the Mulla is given the standing of the Pope of the Catholics or the Brahnmin Pujari of the Hindus.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  8:42 AM Reply with quote
uncle whether it's uk, pk, india or africa~education always remains an ongoing need globally ; not that all imams here hold this view but like everywhere else you do find a variety. there is a dier need to access them for what they teach to the community
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  12:53 PM Reply with quote
quote:

uncle whether it's uk, pk, india or africa~education always remains an ongoing need globally ; not that all imams here hold this view but like everywhere else you do find a variety. there is a dier need to access them for what they teach to the community

1. (By This view)Did you mean veneration of the Mulla to the prophitbited limits?

2. I suspect a typo here. Did you mean dire need to assess?

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 12:53 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker