Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
omer800

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, January 13, 2010  -  4:09 PM Reply with quote
firaun

salam

can any one detail me what led firaun to eliminate all the newly born hebrews?
nahmed

NEW ZEALAND
Posted - Tuesday, April 13, 2010  -  12:06 PM Reply with quote
As per my knowledge, firaun came to know that a baby will be born that will destroy him. That baby was actually Musa (AS). Thats the reason firaun gave a order to kill all the new born babies. But as Allah almighty is the planner he saved Musa (AS). Please correct me if im wrong
Allah knows best
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, April 13, 2010  -  2:12 PM Reply with quote
quote:

salam

can any one detail me what led firaun to eliminate all the newly born hebrews?
Allah says, 28:4 - -

إِنَّ فِرْعَوْنَ عَلَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَجَعَلَ أَهْلَهَا شِيَعًا يَسْتَضْعِفُ طَائِفَةً مِّنْهُمْ يُذَبِّحُ أَبْنَاءهُمْ وَيَسْتَحْيِي نِسَاءهُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ مِنَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ (28:4)

28:4 (Asad) Behold, Pharaoh exalted himself in the land and divided its people into castes. One group of them he deemed utterly low; he would slaughter their sons and spare (only) their women: for, behold, he was one of those who spread corruption [on earth]. -

Notes: Lit., "parties" or "sects" - here undoubtedly referring to the division of people into "high" and "low-born": a division which the Qur’an utterly condemns. The group which, as mentioned in the next sentence, Pharaoh "deemed utterly low" were the Israelites, who had been placed on the lowest rung of the Egyptian social scale and were deprived of almost all human rights..(Quran Ref: 28:4 )

The Egyptians - obviously remembering the earlier, alien Hyksos dynasty that had invaded Egypt and subsequently allied itself with the Hebrews (see surah 12 note 42) - feared that the latter might in the future, too, make common cause with foreign invaders (cf. Exodus i, 10): and to protect themselves against this danger, they decided - as mentioned in several places in the Qur’an as well as in the Bible - to have every male Hebrew child killed.(Quran Ref: 28:6 )

(Translation and notes by Mohammed Asad)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker