Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Sofian

USA
Topic initiated on Wednesday, January 13, 2010  -  8:00 AM Reply with quote
Iblis.... a Two part question........

Asalaam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters. I hope this post finds you all doing well and enjoying good health in the grace of Allah.

The Questions are: Was Iblis a Jinn of High Status or an Angel?

Also, since he chose to be haughty and refused to bow to Adam (pbu) did Allah already know that would happen and therefore based on that action it not only manifested His divine plan but brought it to fruition to govern man's life on earth?

( For your consideration: Since Iblis refused to bow and felt rebellious and better than man and in a more esteemed position, the fact Iblis refused Allah's command was indeed acting in accordance with what Allah truly wished and served that exact purpose by his refusal and thusly actually helped set man up as vice regent on earth )
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 15, 2010  -  9:20 AM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

According to Qur'an,Ibees was a jinn
and he disobeyed the order of Allah(swt)during when he was told to bow
down infront of Adam(pbuh).

It says in the Surah:18,Verse:50
18:50 (Y. Ali) Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers! -

Pls note that Angels cannot disobey Allah because they don't have freewill unlike jinns.
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 15, 2010  -  11:15 AM Reply with quote
The two most effective and most utilized weapons of the Devil are to divert the human from the straight path to God (sirat e mustaqeem) by turning his/her attention to 1.Nudity/immodesty and 2.Ego. Most religious people escape his 1st plot but get caught in the 2nd. This is why sadly we find many religious leaders and groups always busy building their own blocks~in order to keep their individual identities and flags to feed & satisfy their ego;hence fulfilling Satan's mission by breaking up the communities & promoting sectarianism.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 31, 2010  -  7:31 PM Reply with quote
quote:

the fact Iblis refused Allah's command was indeed
1. acting in accordance with what Allah truly wished
and
2. served that exact purpose by his refusal
and
3. thus actually helped set man up as vice regent on earth

Both Student 1. and student affairs have ignored those 3 points for which clarification is sought. You have only answered the first of the two-part question that is whether Iblees was a Jinn or Angel.

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:32 PM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, February 1, 2010  -  9:52 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

the fact Iblis refused Allah's command was indeed
1. acting in accordance with what Allah truly wished
and
2. served that exact purpose by his refusal
and
3. thus actually helped set man up as vice regent on earth

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:32 PM

There something called precaution specially when you GUESS about something we dont know. More precaution is required when we talk about deen. At the top of that we must not guess or at least avoid to guess something which is ascribed to Allah.

we human being have been blessed with freewill and therefore we can question anything but these question [out of our area of knowledge] will end up in more complecated question with no answers.

e.g.in the given context we may ask as did iblees knew the plan?How come you know Allah has ONLY this plan?Cant he adopt other way to appoint men on earth even if iblees obeyed Him?

and ALLAH knows the best
Sofian

USA
Posted - Monday, February 1, 2010  -  10:29 AM Reply with quote
@ raushan... good point.
I would base that particular arguement on the fact that Allah states that he knows what we know not. The Jinn have free will as well yes? The Angels being perfect were unable to disobey Allah.
As to you stating about " How come you know Allah has ONLY this plan?Cant he adopt other way to appoint men on earth even if iblees obeyed Him?"
1. (Only this plan) This is the only plan I can refer to since I am asking about a certain situation and not making assumption based on a suppossed or other plan. It was only one time that Allah created Adam (PBU).
2. (Iblis disobeying) Since Allah knows what we know not and He created the haughty Iblis, Allah already knew His design of Iblis. Which might get into pre destination issues so I can allow for this part being seeming conjecture.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  5:20 PM Reply with quote
quote:

..........many religious leaders and groups always busy building their own blocks~in order to keep their individual identities and flags to feed & satisfy their ego;........
Could someone tell me the relevance of the above statement to the two part question asked about Iblis?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, March 3, 2010  -  5:28 PM Reply with quote
quote:

......but these question [out of our area of knowledge] will end up in more complecated question with no answers.......

Sofian has only expressed doubts that naturally come to mind and asked for a clarification. Even the Sahaba used to ask questions before the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam. Has he rejeted any quesion branding them as out of our area of knowledge?I shall be highly obliged if you could tell me some examples of complecated question with no answers.

Jazakallahu khair.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, March 4, 2010  -  7:50 AM Reply with quote
the context is about iblis trial before Almighty. This is an event we know and CAN only know through what has been stated in Quran or hadith.
there is no other source who can give us any further details.

so our knowledge about this event is very limited and elaborating through guesswork can only lead to confusion.

similar is our knowledge about angels,we have only part of the information passed to us.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Friday, March 5, 2010  -  9:40 AM Reply with quote
raushan, thanks for the clarification. Jazakallahu khair.
Sofian

USA
Posted - Friday, March 5, 2010  -  4:20 PM Reply with quote
The question came about from a non-Muslim asking me. I got to thinking about it and kept wondering about satans origin and just how much influence he has over us based on his actions with Allah.
I am only a year old as a Muslim and satan is definately a figure I want to avoid and not have in my life. Thanbk you for your kind answers and clarifications.
Asalaam Alaykum!
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 5, 2010  -  5:34 PM Reply with quote
plz have a look at the following links:
1:http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=231

Edited by: aslammir on Friday, March 05, 2010 5:37 PM
aslammir

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 5, 2010  -  5:46 PM Reply with quote
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/questionsarticles.aspx?sscatid=18
Sofian

USA
Posted - Friday, March 5, 2010  -  6:26 PM Reply with quote
Thanks aslammir for those wonderful links!!
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 6, 2010  -  9:35 AM Reply with quote
...so hopefully after understanding all wat happened, we take the actual lesson from the event ~for the reason that Allah has elaborated this for us in His eternal Message.
we ought not be like the people who saw the miracle of the young men of cave(kehaf) and instead of taking the real Message of Hereafter & Accountability in it from God, started arguing about the details like the number of these men in the cave and secondly instead of remembering the lesson they gave by their act of practice, hijrah & sacrifice, got stuck in Shirk and decided to worship these men themselves by building a mournament or a temple or a masjid upon their bodies!

so there is no point highlighting mistakes or things that were missed in our posts~ rather take the basic lessons.

"The two most effective and most utilized weapons of the Devil are to divert the human from the straight path to God (sirat e mustaqeem) by turning his/her attention to 1.Nudity/immodesty and 2.Ego. Most religious people escape his 1st plot but get caught in the 2nd. This is why sadly we find many religious leaders and groups always busy building their own blocks~in order to keep their individual identities and flags to feed & satisfy their ego;hence fulfilling Satan's mission by breaking up the communities & promoting sectarianism."
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, March 14, 2010  -  7:09 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...so there is no point highlighting mistakes or things that were missed in our posts~ rather take the basic lessons.
Is my requesting you to reply to the questions that were left out unanswered by your team as highlighting of mistakes ? I had written:
quote:

Both Student 1. and student affairs had ignored those 3 points for which clarification is sought.
You have thus proved your statement,
quote:

...[.........2.Ego....... Most religious people escape his 1st plot but get caught in the 2nd. .............

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker