Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, July 18, 2009  -  10:49 PM Reply with quote
Pearl

Pearl
Prophet Muhammad sws adviced that choose for your brother/(sister), what you choose for yourself. (Mishkat)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  3:36 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Pearl
Prophet Muhammad sws adviced that choose for your brother/(sister), what you choose for yourself. (Mishkat)
Could you elaborate on that? I chose so and so to be my wife. How could I choose the same girl to be my brother's wife?
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  11:41 AM Reply with quote
I think there is a thing called common sense and human instincts. Sharing one's wife with their brother is not only against teachings of Islam but all so against human intellect.

What the narration means is simple, choose the things for instance your going to buy a suite for yourself and your brother/ friend/ relative etc. You should choose the same quality, price or even better for your brother.
Our Prophet isn't asking us to share our wives (Astaghfiruallah)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  3:29 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I think there is a thing called common sense ..........

........your going to buy a suite for yourself and your brother/ friend/ relative etc. You should choose the same quality, price or even better for your brother.........
What if I cant afford? should I also refrain from buying one for myself because I dont have the money to buy the same quality for them all?

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:30 PM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  7:26 PM Reply with quote
Again it's common sense if you can't afford it you buy a cheaper one, but ur intentions would be good.
What the hadith means is that you should not be selfish or on purpose choose something bad for your brothers thinking that since it's not for you it doesn't have to be that good. You should have a sincerity and sense of equality in your choice.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker