Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, June 24, 2009  -  1:17 PM Reply with quote
HEER RANJHA

SLAAM:
I was thinking that the all love couples like heer ranjha,lella majnoo etc whom today's young generation thinks example of love.But if you take them for the Islamic point of view .Were they right what ever they did,and what about their love was it right in Islam.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 25, 2009  -  8:04 PM Reply with quote
hmm...wud hv been nice if they all got married in time~ making everything halal
sala'm
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 26, 2009  -  12:37 PM Reply with quote
I read Prophet Muhammed's biography some time ago written by a western scholar (I think his name was Bernard shaw) in which he claimed that Prophet Muhammed fell in love with one of his cousins when he was young.

I guess there is nothing wrong to fall in love with some one as long as you adhere to principles of Islam and I think we all understand when it starts getting unislamic (i.e. surpass surah Nur's instructions). So in my opinion there was nothing wrong with heer & majnu's actions as long as they have not committed fornication.

Edited by: lofty on Friday, June 26, 2009 12:39 PM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 30, 2009  -  3:32 PM Reply with quote
quote:

..........I guess there is nothing wrong to fall in love with some one as long as you adhere to principles of Islam ........
But didnt Laila Majnoon and Heer Ranjha exceed the prescribed limits? We know that we are not supposed to ecceed even in acts of Ibaadah and veneration of the pious people and even in praising the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, June 30, 2009  -  3:41 PM Reply with quote
i think we shud be v careful attributing anything to the prophets sws lofty; and give full reference if quoting incidences from their lives
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, July 2, 2009  -  7:24 PM Reply with quote
I had to dig through my dad's books to find the reference. The book I have referred to is written by "Barnaby Rogerson", the book is called "The Prophet Muhammed, A Biography". On page 71 of book the author states:

"These years when Muhammed was in his twenties was also in love. He had long adored Fakhita, his beautiful cousin with whom he had grown up".

After few lines he writes:

"Both Muhammed and Fakhita delighted in joining in Jafar's games and, as they played, Muhammed fell ever further under the spell of his young cousin".
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 4, 2009  -  9:36 AM Reply with quote
L; kindly chk the authenticity of this seerah book & writer (you may write to moiz or our Q service.
the fact that worries me is that such stories were also attributed to some of the prophets of the past like Daud sws and Essa sws; so much so that there is an incidence of adultery associated with David pbuh in bible.
western writers & orientalists have written loads of rubbish to fade out the character of the beloved sws and also to justify the present indiscipline in relationships.
hence we must try and check the autheticity of such.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 4, 2009  -  7:01 PM Reply with quote
We should not forget that Muslims scholars too have created loads of myths to indoctrinate strict piety among the Muslims. In order to glorify Prophet (pbhu) they have attributed extraordinary deeds and sayins to the Prophet probably believing that the end justified the means. I perosonally believe there is nothing wrong in Prophet's action if he had actually fallen for his cousin.

Christian clergy may have tampered with Prophet Daud's incident but I find it difficult to believe that of all the Prophets God had sent none of them ever committed a sin.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 4, 2009  -  7:03 PM Reply with quote
no doubt about the extremism u mentioned;
however do check the authenticity of the book
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 8, 2009  -  8:16 AM Reply with quote
i am surprised, rather shocked to see that we can quote any thing about any one without checking iyts authenticity....

Dear lofty, Today I am saying that "I saw u committing adultery" Do you want everyone else to believe me? ( Apologies for using a harsh example )

Point is not that did Prophet Muhammad (sws) did anything right or wrong.... point is what is the authenticity of any thing you are quoting?

There are also some dual standards in your post.... What muslims are syaing is extremism ( as they don't have any proof ) and what mr. bernard is saying is ALL correct ( even though he also don't have any proof )

Edited by: atifrafi on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:18 AM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 11, 2009  -  1:46 AM Reply with quote
I am not sure why are you so shocked? I read little bit about the author and I can ensure you guys that he is an eminent scholar. He has written quite a few books on Islam and his biography on Prophet Muhammed was highly praised by other scholars and independent observers. He also has a very comprehensive bibliography at the back of book and provides an evidence for his sources which reflects upon his scholarly work. You may choose not to accept the incident reported by the author but you should not reject it either unless you have a good reason to do so.

"I too, am a man like you". (Prophet Muhammed)

Edited by: lofty on Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:08 AM
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 13, 2009  -  10:41 AM Reply with quote
Dear lofty,

Only reason not to accept anything is the "Lack of Proof/evidence"....

I cannot accept anything about ANY ONE without any solid proof....even if it is very good...... and specially about Prophets... We have to be extremely careful because the Beloved Prophet (sws) told us that who ever subscribe a lie to the prophet(sws), should be ready for HELL

So, please look for the proof before quoting anything about anyone... specially the Prophet (sws)

My total point is one liner: WHATS THE PROOF OF YOUR STATEMENT
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, July 13, 2009  -  11:04 PM Reply with quote
The BOOK! How did you learn about Prophet Muhammed?
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, July 14, 2009  -  9:30 AM Reply with quote
Well... now you are supporting my point. Do you think that EVERY BOOK is Authentic????

Whole life of Prophet Muhammad (sws) is available in very well scrutanized and verified set of Ahadees...

Even if there is no religious authenticity of Ahadeeth, still its a very well scrutanized and documented History.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, July 14, 2009  -  6:45 PM Reply with quote
Hadith books too are written by fallible humans and contain many contradictions and errors. What in your opinion makes a book "authentic" then? Have you ever read an authentic book on Islam other than Hadith literature (and Quran ofcourse)? The book I have referred to is also a very well researched piece of work, why do you not consider that to be authentic?
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, July 15, 2009  -  8:10 AM Reply with quote
Do you have even a little bit of idea about the effort put in to gather all the Ahadees and writing Hadees Books???

Still, Hadees Books are not reliable..... On the other hand the book you are referring is RELIABLE.... HOW????

The author you are referrring was not present at the time of Prophet(sws)... Which means his research is dependant on others work.... Can you please tell whats his source????

The people who gathered Ahadees from direct sources are NOT RELIABLE ( I agree that there are some additions in the ahadees ) But How Come a person writing a book after 1400 years is AUTHENTIC????

Just to summarize... You said that the book u r referring is a very well researched piece of work.....Did the author mention any source... Whats his source of saying anything about the Prophet (sws).... Where did he gathered this information?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker