Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Tuesday, May 26, 2009  -  3:56 PM Reply with quote
NAMAZ

ASLAM-O-ALYKUM:
I want to know that if I can get up for FAJR namaz can I read that namaz in advance I mean after ISHA namaz?
please help me out.
thank you
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, May 27, 2009  -  3:19 AM Reply with quote
quote:

ASLAM-O-ALYKUM:
I want to know that if I can get up for FAJR namaz can I read that namaz in advance I mean after ISHA namaz?
please help me out.
thank you
What is 'namaz'? Which language is it?
mehwish

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 27, 2009  -  12:12 PM Reply with quote
namaz means prayer
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, May 27, 2009  -  2:18 PM Reply with quote
quote:

namaz means prayer
The brief ritualistic prayer Muslims pray facing the Kaaba in Mecca, five times a day. is called salat or salah in Arabic.

English translation “prayer” is not usually considered adequate to mean Salah. The prayer has been variously called “the contact prayer”, “the obligatory prayer”, “the formal prayer”, and so on, but normal academic practice is now to refer to the prayer by its Arabic name Salāt even by English speakers.

The conditions of the Prayer are nine:

(1) Islaam;

(2) Sanity;

(3) Reaching the age of Maturity;

(4) Lack of Ritual Impurity (i.e. Ablution);

(5) Removal of Filth;

(6) Covering the 'Awrah;

(7) The Entrance of the Proper Time;

(8) Facing the Qiblah; and

(9) The Intention.

The Seventh Condition - The Entrance of the Proper Time

Dukhool-ul-Waqt (Entrance of the Proper Time): The proof for this from the Sunnah is the hadeeth of Jibreel, peace be on him, when he lead the Prophet in one prayer during the initial times for it and during the last part of the hour of it, saying to him afterward:
"O Muhammad, the prayer is between these two times."[reported by Ahmad, An-Nasaa'ee, At-Tirmidhee and Ibn Hibbaan.]

And also Allaah's statement:

{Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.} [Surah An-Nisaa: 103]

The proof that the prayers are in fixed times is Allaah's saying:

{Establish the prayer from mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e. Dhuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and 'Ishaa), and recite the Qur'aan in the early dawn (i.e. Fajr). Verily, the recitation of the Qur'aan in the early dawn is ever witnessed (by the angels).} [Surah Al-Israa: 78]
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 31, 2009  -  4:55 AM Reply with quote
Also check this out from our monthly Journal regarding prayer timings.For full details go to:

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=5

Prayer Timings

It is incumbent upon the Muslims to pray five times a day. The time of each prayer is as follows:

fajr, zuhr, 'asr, maghrib and 'isha

When the whiteness of the dawn emerges from the darkness of the night, then this is fajr.

When the sun starts to descend from midday, then this is zuhr.

When the sun descends below the line of sight, then this is 'asr.

The time of sunset is maghrib.

When the redness of dusk disappears, this is 'isha.

The time of fajr remains till sunrise, the time of zuhr remains till 'asr begins, the time of 'asr remains till maghrib, the time of maghrib remains till 'isha and the time of 'isha remains till midnight. The times of sunrise and sunset are prohibited for praying since the sun used to be worshiped at these times. Like the rituals and utterances of the prayer, these prayer timings have also been transmitted to us through the consensus and perpetual adherence of the ummah. These timings have remained the same during the era of other Prophets as well. The Qur'an while referring to these timings at various places says:

وَأَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ طَرَفَيِ النَّهَارِ وَزُلَفًا مِّنَ اللَّيْلِ إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّـيِّئَاتِ ذَلِكَ ذِكْرَى لِلذَّاكِرِينَ (١١٤:١١)

And diligently attend to your prayers in both parts of the day and in some part of the night too because good deeds make amends for sins. That is a reminder for those who want to be reminded. (11:114)

أَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ لِدُلُوكِ الشَّمْسِ إِلَى غَسَقِ اللَّيْلِ وَقُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ إِنَّ قُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ كَانَ مَشْهُودًا وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَّكَ عَسَى أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا (١٧: ٧٨-٩)

Diligently attend to your prayers from the time of the sun's descent to nightfall, and especially the recital in the fajr prayer because the fajr prayer is in the presence [of the angels]. And get up in this manner at night also [for the prayer]; this is an additional duty upon you for the fulfillment of which your Lord may elevate you [on the Day of Judgement] to an honourable status. (17:78-9)

وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ قَبْلَ طُلُوعِ الشَّمْسِ وَقَبْلَ غُرُوبِهَا وَمِنْ آنَاء اللَّيْلِ فَسَبِّحْ وَأَطْرَافَ النَّهَارِ لَعَلَّكَ تَرْضَى (١٣٠:٢٠)

And give glory to your Lord and praise Him before sunrise and before sunset and [in a similar manner], glorify Him at night and at the two sides of the day also so that you may become happy. (20:130)

فَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ حِينَ تُمْسُونَ وَحِينَ تُصْبِحُونَ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَعَشِيًّا وَحِينَ تُظْهِرُونَ (٣٠: ١٧-١٨)

Therefore give glory to God evening and morning and [know that] praise is showered on Him in the heavens and the earth, and [glorify him] at the time of 'isha and of zuhr. (30:17-18)

وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ قَبْلَ طُلُوعِ الشَّمْسِ وَقَبْلَ الْغُرُوبِ وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَسَبِّحْهُ وَأَدْبَارَ السُّجُودِ (٥٠: ٣٩-٤٠)

And give glory to your Lord and praise Him before sunrise and before sunset and give glory to Him at some time of the night, and also after the sun's prostrations. (50:39-40)

The details of the guidance provided by the knowledge and practice of the Prophet (sws) in this regard are as follows:

1. He would generally offer the fajr prayer in the darkness of night. Thus it has been reported that when women would return from the mosque after the fajr prayer, they could not be recognized.1 ..............
contd on:
http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/content.aspx?id=5

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker