Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Tuesday, March 17, 2009  -  2:14 PM Reply with quote
frames at a Girls Madrasa

Lakshmi Prabhala is a talented young photographer from the city of Hyderabad. She specialized in portraits and capturing the everyday life of the city. Over a dozen of her works have been published and she was recently featured in the Mumbai edition of Hindustan Times.

In this photo-essay she captures some frames at a Girls Madrasa in the city of Hyderabad.

http://indianmuslims.in/photo-essay-girls-madrasa-hyderabad/
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 19, 2009  -  7:48 AM Reply with quote
this is great sister raushan; jzkillah khair- may Allah bless our children with more and more of this treasure and they shine as lamps wherever they go amen

also look at this that i sent to my daughter last year who is studying architecture in uni- and suggested she books herself with this contract co. beforehand in order to take part in this extension; even if as a trainee-'coz i so--- wish a muslim woman architect as well must contribute to this sacred work i'A; take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PporVs3DZjA
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, March 21, 2009  -  12:54 PM Reply with quote
nice to hear that.In fact, I strongly believe that the fields scuh as architect,designing of interiors can be better done by women .
The time has come when we must find the inherent talent of our better ''half population'' and give them a chance to flourish.
wassalam
ishtyaq raushan
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, March 21, 2009  -  1:24 PM Reply with quote
‘Traditional’ ulema and ‘modern’ Islamic education in Kerala
I point out to the Musaliyar that many traditionalist Sunni ulema I have met in north India, while not opposed in principle to modern education, continue to object to the inclusion of modern subjects in the madrasa curriculum on the grounds that it would be too heavy a burden for students, who already have to study many religious subjects, to bear. They would, consequently, be good neither for this world (duniya), nor for the next (akhirat), they argue.

‘I don’t agree’, the Musaliyar replies softly. ‘We have a very strict selection process and admit only bright students, after a rigorous interview. So, they can easily cope with the syllabus.’ He contrasts this with the case of most north Indian students, where, he says, ‘generally, the dullest children in families are sent to study in madrasas.’ ‘In north India’, he continues, ‘most students in madrasas come from poor families, many of whom join madrasas simply because they cannot afford to go to regular schools. In contrast, most students in Dar ul-Huda come from quite well-off families. They come here out of choice and interest in becoming religious scholars, and not out of economic compulsion. Because we teach both Islamic and modern subjects, parents from middle-class families are enthusiastic to send their children here. In other parts of India, on the other hand, because few madrasas have proper arrangements for teaching modern subjects, middle-class parents hesitate to send their children there to study.’

So far, Shaikh Zainuddin says, twelve batches of students—a total of more than four hundred—have graduated from the Dar ul-Huda. They have taken up a range of careers, including as imams in mosque, teachers in government schools, madrasas and Arabic Colleges, as well as employees in the Gulf in companies and in various religious and government institutions. Some now work as journalists in leading Malayalam magazines and newspapers. Several have gone in for higher education at regular universities—not just in Islamic Studies or Arabic, but also in such disciplines as English Literature, Journalism, Sociology, Anthropology and Economics. A number of them are now enrolled at the Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Hamdard and Jawaharlal Nehru University, in New Delhi, and also at the Aligarh Muslim University.

I point out that several traditionalist ulema are opposed to madrasa graduates joining universities, fearing that this might cause them to turn irreligious. ‘We do not want, and nor do we expect, all our students to become professional ulema,’ Shaikh Zainuddin answers. ‘Even if they go to universities and then take up other careers, they can use their religious knowledge in a positive way and make an impact on others.’
http://www.twocircles.net/2009mar18/traditional_ulema_and_modern_islamic_education_kerala.html
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 22, 2009  -  8:19 AM Reply with quote
oops thx Ishtiyaq bhai; and apologies for 'delicating' your gender
i agree with u;
a young muslim lady asked me yesterday that why was it that Qur'an is written in a way which reflects men's domination 'coz all the stories of the prominent prophets are about men- but as i tried to explain that none of these stories are narrated by Allah without the important mention of their co's, the women;eve with adam, mary's zikr came with jesus, aasya's with pharoh's, hager with abraham sws,lut's wife, noah's wife, muhammad's wives(peace be upon all prophets)
hence even today their role cannot be ignored and must be encouraged and supported positively, as u mentioned-
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 23, 2009  -  4:15 PM Reply with quote
Salam.And also Queen of Sheeba is mentioned in the story of Solomon, Lady of Aziz in Joseph's story, Abu Lahab's wife with him in the named surah and so on. Surah Mujadilah is about a believer lady who would rather ask the Prophet saw about something she did not understand, instead of remaining in doubts or spreading rumours about it as most of us get into nowadays. Similarly Lady Ayesha had a special credit in Surah Noor.
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 23, 2009  -  4:35 PM Reply with quote
Actually there is a very interesting discussion on BBC4 Women's hour on this topic.Is accessible on web.Lots of misconceptions about Islam and Women have been clarified and that how different cultures have been mixed up with the religion.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker