Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, January 24, 2009  -  6:54 PM Reply with quote
Wudu and blood

Is bleeding from a body part related to wudu (ablution)?
I have read in books and heared aswell that if you bleed your wudu becomes void. I haven't come across any hadith to support this view. On the other hand there is clear cut mention of the things invalidating wudu, passing urine, stool and wind, having sexual relationship with one's wife.

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 137:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The prayer of a person who does ,Hadath (passes, urine, stool or wind) is not accepted till he performs (repeats) the ablution." A person from Hadaramout asked Abu Huraira, "What is 'Hadath'?" Abu Huraira replied, " 'Hadath' means the passing of wind from the anus."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 179:

Narrated Zaid bin Khalid:

I asked 'Uthman bin 'Affan about a person who engaged in intercourse but did no discharge. 'Uthman replied, "He should perform ablution like the one for ar ordinary prayer but he must wash his penis." 'Uthman added, "I heard it from Allah's Apostle." I asked 'Ali Az-Zubair, Talha and Ubai bin Ka'b about it and they, too, gave the same reply. (This order was cancelled later on and taking a bath became necessary for such cases).

Infact I came across this narration in which intestines of a camel were placed on prophet (PBUH) while he was praying, but he continued his prayer.

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 241:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

Once the Prophet was offering prayers at the Ka'ba. Abu Jahl was sitting with some of his companions. One of them said to the others, "Who amongst you will bring the abdominal contents (intestines, etc.) of a camel of Bani so and so and put it on the back of Muhammad, when he prostrates?" The most unfortunate of them got up and brought it. He waited till the Prophet prostrated and then placed it on his back between his shoulders. I was watching but could not do any thing. I wish I had some people with me to hold out against them. They started laughing and falling on one another. Allah's Apostle was in prostration and he did not lift his head up till Fatima (Prophet's daughter) came and threw that (camel's abdominal contents) away from his back. He raised his head and said thrice, "O Allah! Punish Quraish." So it was hard for Abu Jahl and his companions when the Prophet invoked Allah against them as they had a conviction that the prayers and invocations were accepted in this city (Mecca). The Prophet said, "O Allah! Punish Abu Jahl, 'Utba bin Rabi'a, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al-Walid bin 'Utba, Umaiya bin Khalaf, and 'Uqba bin Al Mu'it (and he mentioned the seventh whose name I cannot recall). By Allah in Whose Hands my life is, I saw the dead bodies of those persons who were counted by Allah's Apostle in the Qalib (one of the wells) of Badr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments on this matter?

Edited by: shah_625 on Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:55 PM
shah_625

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 29, 2009  -  5:07 PM Reply with quote
So...doesn't anybody have to say anything??
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 30, 2009  -  12:18 AM Reply with quote
salam shah
what is mentioned in Qur'an is about the state of menstruation , not to come to prayer in that state. similar has been applied to the bleeding from other parts of the body by mufaqeheen, whereas the former has been mentioned due to hygienic reasons. hence this can be debatable that why bleeding from other parts of the body should be considered as such.(u may post ur Q to query@studying-islam.org for a scholarly reply)
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, January 31, 2009  -  7:32 AM Reply with quote
moreover Mensuration state is not related to ablution, it's case of Purification (Taharat). Therefore, to me at least, bleeding don't looks having any connection with Wudu.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker