1 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, January 8, 2009  -  1:31 PM Reply with quote
quote:

aboosait, Do not beat about the bush and tell a lie!..

Here is the link to the site of Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid:
http://islamqa.com/en
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 9, 2009  -  3:22 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Do only men masturbate?

Men and women both masturbate.

Click here to read more

Thanks for the link Nadir. It was very enlightening, I did not know that girls masturbate as well!
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 10, 2009  -  3:41 AM Reply with quote
quote:

......... ofcourse the Creator of the Shariah knew that your unlimited desires will need a way out-either destroy your fellow gender by your sinful desires or let it out in the form of Masturbation! Go on.Do it and leave us alone!!.....
Mbellos, here is an event from Islamic history which throws light on the fact that the Prophet did not recomend such an act even in times of war.

Muhammad bin Ishaq reported from Az-Zuhri, Yazid bin Ruwman, `Abdullah bin Abi Bakr, `Asim bin Qatadah and several others that they said,

"The Messenger of Allah said to Al-Jadd bin Qays from Bani Salimah,

«هَلْ لَكَ يَا جَدُّ الْعَامَ فِي جَلَادِ بَنِي الْأَصْفَرِ؟»

'Would you like to fight the yellow ones (Romans) this year'

He said, `O Allah's Messenger! Give me permission (to remain behind) and do not cause Fitnah for me. By Allah! My people know that there is not a man who is more fond of women than I. I fear that if I see the women of the yellow ones, I would not be patient.'

The Messenger of Allah turned away from him and said,

«قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَك» I give you permission'(to remain at home)"

In Al-Jadd's case, this Ayah was revealed,

[وَمِنْهُمْ مَّن يَقُولُ ائْذَن لِّي وَلاَ تَفْتِنِّى]

(And among them is he who says: "Grant me leave and put me not into trial.'')
xyzxyz

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Tuesday, April 21, 2009  -  11:14 AM Reply with quote
Istimna (استمناء) is the Arabic term for masturbation. It is completely forbidden in the Shi'a sect, but the four Sunni schools of jurisprudence (known as Madhaahib - the Hanafi, Shafi'i, Maliki and Hambali schools of Fiqh) have differing stances on the issue. Some consider it forbidden in all cases. Some see it forbidden in certain cases but permissible in others[2]. Some believe that masturbation may possibly only be done in fear of committing adultery, nor is it preferred (getting married or fasting are suggested as alternatives in the hadith). Another view is that it is Makruh but not expressly forbidden. Scholars of Islam do not approve of masturbation, except in extenuating circumstances. Some scholars state that masturbation is permissible only if one is unmarried or is unable to marry, or to avoid fornication. There is a statement in the Quran "And those who guard their chastity, Except in the case of their wives or those whom their right hands possess,- for then, they are free from blame; But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are transgressors." -23:5-7. As the above ayah shows, masturbation is not allowed in Islam. Many scholars are of the opinion that if it was allowed, it would have been explicitly mentioned in the above ayah. As it has not been mentioned, it is taken to be completely forbidden.
In Islam, sexual engagement outside of marriage (and outside of those whom the right-hand possesses) is a major sin, which cause the doer to be punished in this life and the Qiyama. Yet if one's desire is so overwhelming one might perform a greater wrong by having sex outside marriage, masturbation becomes permissible as a necessity but in that case it will be like eating the flesh of pig when no other food is available. So Quran says "And those who are not married should try to live in chastity, until God enriches them with His Grace" (Qur'an, 24:33)
Haram
At least one Islamic legal tradition forbids masturbation on the authority of an Ayah of the Quran which indicates that those who seek sexual gratification from other than their legal sexual partners are transgressing set limits. This is interpreted to refer not only to adultery but to masturbation as well.
Interpretations of this saying have stated that were masturbation permissible, Muhammad would have named this as a remedy for sexual frustration rather than the more difficult act of fasting, as Islamic traditions have taken seriously the belief that hardship is not sought for believers.
Those of the view that it is Haram:
• Malik ibn Anas Muhammad ibn Idris ash-Shafi`i
• Abu Hanifa an-Nu‘man
• Ibn Kathir
• Al-Qurtubi
Some have quoted one (1) narration from Ahmad ibn Hanbal
Ali al-Sistani, a 21st century Shi'a Twelver Islamic scholar on the question "If my wife wants me to masturbate in front of her, is it then allowed?":
You are not allowed to excite yourself with your own hands, but you can do it [to] your wife.
On the question "What does Islam say about masturbation? If a man is doing this what type of punishment will he deserve and how can he do\ get Tawbah?":
He has committed a forbidden act. Repentance would be sufficient for forgiveness.
And on the question "When I am unable to do Mut’ah (temporary marriage), am I allowed to masturbate?":
Masturbation is not permissible under any circumstances.
Qur'an
The Qur'an, chapter 23 (Al-Muminun), verse 5 to 7:
“Those who guard their sexual organs except with their spouses or those whom their right hands possess, for (with regard to them) they are without blame. But those who crave something beyond that are transgressors.” (Al-Mu'minun: 5-7)— translated by Unknown

Ibn Kathir, a 14th century Sunni Islamic scholar that Imaam Shaafi'i and those who have agreed with him have concluded that masturbation is Haram from the above verse. He says:
Masturbation is excluded from these two types which Allah has made Halaal, viz. wives and slave-girls.

The Qur'an, chapter 70 (Al-Maarij), verse 29 to 31:
And those who guard their private parts, Except in the case of their wives or those whom their right hands possess-- for these surely are not to be blamed, But he who seeks to go beyond this, these it is that go beyond the limits--— translated by M. H. Shakir

Under the exegis of this verse, Qadi Thanaullah Panipati writes
Imam Baghawi has deduced from this Aayat that masturbation is Haram.
Hadith
Some hadith that are quoted to in support of masturbation being haram include:
A narration reports:
We were with the Prophet (SAW) while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. The Prophet (SAW) said: "O assembly of youths; whoever among you possesses the physical and financial resources to marry should do so, because it helps him guard his modesty, and whoever is unable to marry should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."
Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari includes ]:
A narration attributed to Abd-Allah ibn Mas'ud reports:
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'O group of youth! Whoever from among you can marry should do so because it keeps the gaze low and it protects the private parts. And he who cannot marry should make it compulsory upon himself to fast because it breaks lust.'
Ibn Kathir has wrote in volume vol. 5 p. 458 :
A narration attributed to Hasan ibn Arfah reports:
Nabi (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Seven persons are such that Allah will not look at them on the Day of Qiyaamat nor will He purify them nor will He include them among the learned and Allah will enter them into Jahannam. They will enter Jahannam first except for those who repent. As those who repent Allah will accept their repentance.
1. A person who masturbates.
2. A person who performs the act of sodomy.
3. The person upon whom the act of sodomy is performed.
4. A perpetual drunkard.
5. The person who hits his parents so much that they appeal for help.
6. The person who harms his neighbours so much so that they curse him.
The person who commits adultery with his neighbour's wife.
This is a Daeef(Weak) Hadith[
Other quoted material include from Tafsir al-Mazhari vol. 12 p. 94
A narration attributed to Anas ibn Malik reports:
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'The person who performs Nikah with his hands (i.e. masturbates) is cursed.
Quoted from those after the Sahaba
A narration attributed to Sa'id ibn Jubayr reports:
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) said, 'Allah Taãla will inflict a punishment on a group of people because they played with their private parts.'
A narration attributed to Ata ibn Abi Rabah reports:
Some people will be resurrected in such a condition that their hands will be pregnant, I think they are those who masturbate.
Makrooh
Still, some legal schools of thought -- while agreeing that masturbation is essentially forbidden or at the very least extremely disliked -- allow for its permissibility through a legal principle of necessity, designating it as a last resort for unmarried individuals attempting to avoid succumbing to the greater sin of adultery.
Ibn al-Qayyim, a 14th century Sunni Islamic scholar:
Ibn 'Aqeel, and many of our scholars have ruled that masturbation is makruh (disliked), and never explicitly said he that it was haram.
He then presents his own discussion on the conditions that make masturbation halaal:
If a man is torn between continued desire or releasing it, and if this man does not have a wife or he has a slave-girl but he does not marry, then if a man is overwhelmed by desire, and he fears that he will suffer because of this (someone like a prisoner, or a traveller, or a pauper), then it is permissible for him to masturbate, and Ahmad (ibn Hanbal) is explicit on this.
Masturbation, like any form of sex in which seminal or vaginal fluids have been released, breaks one's fast if performed during the daylight hours and requires a major ablution if any seminal or vaginal fluids were released.
According to Sheikh Hamed Al-Ali
Masturbation during the daytime of Ramadan breaks the fast, based on the Hadith that a fasting Muslim gives up eating, drinking, and sexual desire for the sake of Allah. Since masturbation is a kind of sexual desire,
a fasting Muslim must avoid it. Therefore, masturbation invalidates the fast as does food and as it is one of the sins that if someone does it he or she would be violating the sanctity of this month."
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 23, 2009  -  12:30 AM Reply with quote
also check out:

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/query.aspx?id=794

and more details on

www.understanding-islam.org
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 23, 2009  -  3:13 AM Reply with quote
quote:

also check out:

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/query.aspx?id=794

That article has already been refuted in several of the earlier posts here.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 23, 2009  -  7:43 PM Reply with quote
acha mufti sahib(respected uncle i mean )
(actually we have started thinking that perhaps we registered with us for the 'refuting' job )

but that's fine

'coz every1 is welcome to post in their arguements & opinions, but not necessarily agree on the same point. & this is the beauty of our forums- mashAllah--chashm e bad-door..
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, April 29, 2009  -  5:23 AM Reply with quote
quote:

acha mufti sahib(respected uncle i mean )
(actually we have started thinking that perhaps we registered with us for the 'refuting' job )

I take it that we was a typo meant to read you aboosait.

If that is your understanding of the intentions of aboosait thou art terribly mistaken.

I accept what is proved from the Qur'an and Sunnah and refute that which opposes it.

In this case when clear Verses from the Quran are quoted to explain the facts the people (mostly from the admistrators' side) are brushing aside the Rulings saying that the Verses dont refer to topic in question because it is not mentioned anywhere that masturbating is a sin.

Your group is arguing based on an Arabic term used in the writings of the scholars which they think is what Masturbation refers to.

The English word means more than that as can be seen here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation

Mutual masturbation is discussed in detail here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_masturbation#Mutual_masturbation_as_a_form_of_non-penetrative_sex

Do you still consider this act "not sin" due to your attachment towards a particular "group" or "school"?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, April 30, 2009  -  12:05 PM Reply with quote
nice to see you back uncle hope u r well sala'm

first of all plz take this out of mind that you, me or anyone else is here to investigate eachother's faiths or to make eachother agree with what we believe is right. this is not a believer's way of sharing good. We are not out here to convert eachother.
Our tolerance and trust level should be so high that we can sit together, discuss various issues, conflict and still be able to talk next time.
On these very forums there have been "Battles" because members have not been able to tolerate eachother. some of our poor moderators had to leave because of all this mess.

i see a lot of young people in our gynaecological sexual health clinical sessions. masturbation is a norm in this society and young and older people mention if they have problems associated with it;
i tell our muslim young enquirers that this is something which is bound to effect their inner purification, rather a believer is encouraged to remain in the state of ablution(wudu) as and wen possible~
the best way of satisfying one's sexual desires in a physically and spiritually as well as mentally healthy manner is by the way that the prophets have taught us i.e. within nikah /marriage contract;untill then to remain engaged in the religious rituals like fast and prayers, charity, etc and healthy activities like sports, community welfare work and so on; i give them all the religious and medical info possible and then leave it to them to use their brains and decide.
after that i do not at all wish to be out there with a "danda/stick" in my hand making sure everybody tells me what they believe is a sin or not(as you are doing now ) or to make sure that they do exactly what i have told them to. we can't and should not be doing this even to our own children. suppression never gives a chance to grow.
the other day as me and my husband were doing some gardening, he picked a plank from the top of the grass and said something very wise; "see the difference in the grass where there has been suppression and where it was left to grow freely" ; the area suppressed with the plank was rotten and dry as opposed to the rest of the fresh and green grass.
so let people breath; give ur opinion freely but don't "lath lay kay peechay hee par jain" untill you can read their minds, hearts, souls and everything that whether they finally agreed with u or not.
it will not be healthy and beneficial for yourself or others.

plz continue to send your very informative posts.

sala'm
yousufazhar

LIBYA
Posted - Monday, May 25, 2009  -  11:06 PM Reply with quote
Asslamualaikum , brothers . for me it seems to be haram , if somebody can control himself by fasting and doing the zikr, reading the Quran, doing Qiyam ul lail, and learning knowlege and by beware of the bad companions.
wassalam
yousufazhar

LIBYA
Posted - Monday, May 25, 2009  -  11:09 PM Reply with quote
Asslamualaikum , brothers . for me it seems to be haram , if somebody can control himself by fasting and doing the zikr, reading the Quran, doing Qiyam ul lail, and learning knowlege and by beware of the bad companions.
wassalam
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, June 6, 2009  -  3:40 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

.........Do you still consider this act "not sin" due to your attachment towards a particular "group" or "school"?................
........plz take this out of mind that

1. you, me or anyone else is here to investigate each other's faiths

or

2. to make each other agree with what we believe is right.........
1. My question only demands a logical explanation and not a declaration of one's faith.

2. But we expect that the outcome of such discussion should help each other (as believers in Truth) to believe in and follow what is proved right from the Qur'an and Sunnah and not stick to any contradictory belief just because of one's attachment to a particular group or school.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4
Page 4 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker