Next page >>
Page 9 of 12

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 14, 2009  -  9:11 AM Reply with quote
Pearl

"whether we regard ourselves as secular or religious, muslim or christian,we share a common responsibility for the security & wel-being of humanity"

(Olive Mc Ternan, co-founder & Director of Forward Thinking, has an established background in conflict resolution & interfaith relationships. he is the visiting fellow of the Weatherhead Centre for International affairs at Harvard UniversityHis book Violence in God's Name explores the role of Religion in an age of conflict.)
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 14, 2009  -  3:39 PM Reply with quote
verily of things which I fear you, after my departure from the world, is this: That the ornaments and goods of the world may be pleasing to you. (Prophet Muhammed (pbuh))
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, June 16, 2009  -  2:25 PM Reply with quote
"Good decision come from experience,

But experience comes from bad decision"

- Bill Gates
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 17, 2009  -  1:46 PM Reply with quote
If the adherent to the straight path feels himself to be a stranger in this world, all men, infact are such. They were not created for this life but are merely travelers along the road to final destination.

You are what your deep driving desire is. As is your desire so is your will. As is your will so is your deed. As is your deed so is your destiny.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 18, 2009  -  3:07 AM Reply with quote
quote:

If the adherent to the straight path feels himself to be a stranger in this world, all men, infact are such. They were not created for this life but are merely travelers along the road to final destination.

You are what your deep driving desire is. As is your desire so is your will. As is your will so is your deed. As is your deed so is your destiny.
Your own view or someone's quote?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, June 18, 2009  -  3:11 AM Reply with quote
Success does not depend on making important decisions quick,

but

It depends on your quick action on important decisions.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 20, 2009  -  11:12 AM Reply with quote
First quote is an extract from a book called "awakening" that I read some time back.

Second pearl is a famous quote from Bhagavad Gita.

Edited by: lofty on Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:53 PM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 20, 2009  -  2:53 PM Reply with quote
Fair in the eyes of men is the love of things they covet: Women and sons; Heaped-up hoards of gold and silver; horses branded (for blood and excellence); and (wealth of) cattle and well-tilled land. Such are the possessions of this world's life; but in nearness to Allah is the best of the goals.

Al-Qur'an, 003.014
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, June 21, 2009  -  6:28 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Second pearl is a famous quote from Bhagavad Gita.
Wiki says the word desire may mean any of the following concepts:

Desire (emotion), a sense of longing or hoping

Desire (philosophy)

Desire (psychoanalysis)

Interpersonal attraction

Lust, intense craving for self gratification

Libido, sexual desire

GreedText, selfish pursuit of wealth,

power, or possessions

Want, in economics

Preference, on which microeconomic theory is based

Motivation, thought that leads to an action

Tanha (Pali; "craving") in Buddhist psychology, as described in the Four Noble Truths

Please tell me which of the above meanings is implied in the pearls:

quote:

*You are what your deep driving desire is.

*As is your desire so is your will. As is your will so is your deed.

As is your deed so is your destiny.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 21, 2009  -  6:58 PM Reply with quote
substitute each meaning in the pearl and then choose what you like best. How about that uncle jee?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 28, 2009  -  8:31 AM Reply with quote
Pearl

"To ignore faith & God is to deny humanity's greatest moral compass for determining right & wrong."
Pastor Bob roberts Jr.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, July 6, 2009  -  6:34 AM Reply with quote
Pearl

If I have an intense fear of darkness, it doesn't make sense in closing my eyes.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, July 6, 2009  -  7:03 AM Reply with quote
some interesting comments i recvd about the following saying:
To ignore faith & God is to deny humanity's greatest moral compass for determining right & wrong."
Pastor Bob Roberts Jr.

wa'ssalaam alayik, ya Henna,Did you know that the symbol of the Anglican Communion of Christians is the Compass- rose? Quite appropriate for a maritime people!
phil

Totally disagree - I'll argue for atheism some time if you like! Lots of wrongs are done in the name of religion.
marta

Dear Henna,
Thank you for this comment by Pastor Bob Roberts. It is so apposite for some work I am starting tomorrow on teaching Holocaust Education to some prison teachers.It fits in to a programme called Challenging Prejudice and Discrimination. I am starting off with a brief explanation of Judaism and then antsemitism This statement really goes to the heart of what I will be explaining.
Kindest regards and Shalom/Wassala'm.
marcia
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, July 6, 2009  -  2:49 PM Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bcxwhzyh7c
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Bcxwhzyh7c&;hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Bcxwhzyh7c&;hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, July 9, 2009  -  11:28 PM Reply with quote
don't be lazy giving just the links-Better send the quotations one by one and week by week.no one has time to watch the whole clips together.Internet is full of them.
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 11, 2009  -  1:54 AM Reply with quote
"No father hath given his child anything better than good manners"

Prophet Muhammed

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 9 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker