Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, July 11, 2009  -  3:29 AM Reply with quote
quote:

"No father hath given his child anything better than good manners"

Prophet Muhammed
If you say Allah says something or Prophet Muhammed said something, your statement must be supported by evidence suchas Verse number &chapter/Name of the Sahih with chapter, volume, page no. etc for it to be considered authentic.

Moreover the application of such statements would depend on the context and hence I never quote a Verse or Hadith out of context. I would request the forum authorities to impose that as a general forum Rule to prevent misinterpretations of Qur'an/Hadith being spread through this forum.

You had been warned more than once about it earlier by the moderator. Fear Allah and stop repeating.
quote:

i think we shud be v careful attributing anything to the prophets sws lofty; and give full reference if quoting incidences from their lives
http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=3515&;lang=&forumid=1

Edited by: aboosait on Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:43 AM
lofty

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 11, 2009  -  12:44 PM Reply with quote
The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam is reported to have said in a hadith narrated by Saeed Ibn Anas (R.A.), "No father hath given his child anything better than good manners." (Sunan At-Tirmidhi).

The verse or Hadith are usually quoted in the context of a discussion at hand. You don't have to be Einstein to understand that! What you consider to be a misinterpretation of something may not be misinterpretation to some one else. If I have said something wrong you are welcome to correct me with your facts or arguments and I can assure you if you convince me I will not hesitate to accept an error in my judgement. But please don't impose your taliban mentality upon me and I would also request forum authorities to take a note of such people.

Edited by: lofty on Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:44 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, July 12, 2009  -  5:16 PM Reply with quote
we keep reminding all the participants to keep their discussion open while remaining respectful to eachothers' opinion.
an imp. virtue we muslims hv to practice the most is 'tolerance' and i think such forums are a good ground for this.

wassala'm
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, July 19, 2009  -  3:59 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

"No father hath given his child anything better than good manners."

"....You don't have to be Einstein to understand that!.........."

".........if you convince me I will not hesitate to accept an error in my judgement.............."

I gave my child a good education. So do you (or your taliban mentality) consider it less than giving him good manners?

Edited by: aboosait on Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:03 AM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, July 25, 2009  -  3:10 PM Reply with quote
Pearl

There are two ways of spreading Light:to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it. Edith Wharton (1862-1937)
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 5, 2009  -  7:39 AM Reply with quote
"man forgives woman anything save the wit to outwit him...."
quotation from 'The wicked wit of Women'
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, September 5, 2009  -  12:24 PM Reply with quote
*Knowledge is understanding that a tomato is a fruit.

*Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, September 21, 2009  -  8:18 AM Reply with quote
*EID MUBARK*
May Allah give u a rainbow 4 every storm, a smile 4 every tear, a promise 4 every care, a blessing in every trial & an answer 2 every prayer .
وَلَا نُضِيعُ أَجۡرَ ٱلۡمُحۡسِنِينَ
(We lose not the reward of the good)
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 26, 2009  -  7:22 AM Reply with quote
Pearl

"Brass shines as fair to the ignorant as gold to the goldsmith." Elizabeth 1 (1533-1603)
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, September 27, 2009  -  5:30 PM Reply with quote
*Knowledge is understanding that a tomato is a fruit.

*Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
This is too good
mission

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 27, 2009  -  6:47 PM Reply with quote
The greatness of any mortal is based on the existence of the fellow human being. Likewise, the rich exist because the poor exist. It is true that the notion of greatness exists among god creature but are different to such of a materialistic society. We might agree that the greatest personality on earth was the holly prophet(sws). Even so, he lived like the smallest creature on earth through humbleness. Only the uneducated person, deprived of any wisdom and affiliated to the beauties of this life consider himself as "the greatest".
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 30, 2009  -  6:02 AM Reply with quote
Wisdom is not the amassing of knowledge. Wisdom is truth lived. From this day on, begin to foster a belief that you were born for a reason, and although you may not have yet discovered the specifics of that reason, you are being prepared to fulfill it in every moment. In general terms, you know that your essential purpose is to grow, change, develop, and become the-best-version-of-yourself. It is this process of growth that makes life interesting, exciting, rewarding, and fulfilling. Dedication to this process of growth is greatness. Greatness should never be confused with fame, fortune, status, or power. These are only passing illusions. Greatness is to become more fully aware of your self with each passing day.

A chance for greatness awaits you----your chance at greatness----and it will involve unique and providential blend of your needs, talents, and desires. The pursuit of your chance at greatness will reveal you to your family, friends, colleagues, spouse, children, and everyone who crosses your path. It is the attuning of your personality. Life is a revelation of self. Life is an unfolding story. Your life is your story. Life is a gift to you and for you----and yet, in a paradoxical but complimentary way, it is also your chance to serve your neighbor, to touch and enrich the lives of others, and to make a difference in this sometimes weary world. This is the mystery of God----to lead you toward your perfection and fulfillment, while at the same time using your journey to lead others toward their perfection and fulfillment. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]

Wise Quote of the Day:
It is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in surrendering that we are born a new
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, September 30, 2009  -  8:06 AM Reply with quote
if the answer of a foolish person is silence then what is the response for a wise man?
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, September 30, 2009  -  6:03 PM Reply with quote
"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again - then give up .. there's no need to be an idiot."
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Wednesday, September 30, 2009  -  11:12 PM Reply with quote
Assalamo eleikum warahmatullahe wabaraktuhu
saba2 You would not say that if you were in Africa because my dear sister, I wish you knew in the comfort of your air conditioned room,on a softy chair from where you are scribing this message that for your sisters in Africa-life is but--TRy TRy and TRy Untill YOU DIE!
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 1, 2009  -  1:24 PM Reply with quote
Walaikum Assalam mbellos, i am so so sorry for being so heartless and insensitive. I know life is tough for you in Africa and this pearl was not meant for trying situations like what you have described but for verbal deadlock situations, but you are right you are brave and fight to the end. Life in Pakistan is also not so easy for women and they are struggling and trying to educate themselves and stand up for their rights. Is there any way we can share or help you? please let us know.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12
Next page >>
Page 10 of 12

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker