AuthorTopic
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, May 26, 2008  -  4:01 PM Reply with quote
Faith Anchor

Faith Anchor

Project supported by
Al-mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences

As we have mentioned about this project, we tend to take it further and organize more events under this banner-not limiting to UK, rather extending it to other countries of Europe and other Continents.

We welcome any suggestions and ideas in this regard.
Send to

faithanchors@aol.com or
admin@studying-islam.org

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:04 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, October 16, 2008  -  10:36 PM Reply with quote
Faith Anchor

We had two more events in this regard.
Mosque visit by 7 Sisters from a Loal Abbey where they attended the event for Women and Children "Preperation for Ramadan"
An Iftar gathering for local people from other Faiths in the local Pakistan Centre.
Some comments from the guests:

"Very many thanks to you and all at the Centre for the kind hospitality to my wife & and myself yesterday evening.
We enjoyed ourselves very much and felt that we had made many new friends.I specifically think that such events should be organized more frequently because this is what we need to bridge the gaps between the communities which are apparently living together for years but have very little knowledge about eachothers' beliefs and life styles.With every good wish from us both. Paul."
Paul Lippiscomb. Senior Reverend and Chair of Standards Committee

paullipscomb@btinternet.com

"Just to say how we did enjoy seeing you again, and everyone, both at the Centre and in the mosque. It was lovely to be there with the mothers and children and to share a little in the meal. I - and all of us - appreciated the friendliness and kindness of everyone; and of course of your own hospitality and generosity . Thank you for the beautiful flowers! and for your ferrying.
See you again some time.
Greetings in the Name of Allah! and love from us all, Sister Mary Laurence"
emmell37@googlemail.com
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, October 13, 2009  -  2:38 PM Reply with quote
Following our "Faith Anchor" event last year, another opportunity to Come Together & Learn.
This time the Govt. is launching the week for the 1st time in UK, at a National level

http://www.interfaithweek.org/

You may share our online courses with your Muslim and Non Muslim friends, wherever you live and pass on our Links, specifically during the week.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 14, 2009  -  9:53 PM Reply with quote
Faith Anchor '08
carries on into '09 with

www.sloughfaithpartnership.org.uk

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker