Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, November 3, 2003  -  9:58 AM Reply with quote
Module1: Sneeze and the reply

What is the ceremonial reply to a sneeze and what is the wisdom behind it?
Hilwa

SINGAPORE
Posted - Thursday, November 13, 2003  -  11:25 AM Reply with quote
Is it "Yarhamukallah", but I do not know the wisdom behind it.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 14, 2003  -  10:50 AM Reply with quote
Do you know what the reply means?
mulaz77

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 18, 2003  -  3:17 AM Reply with quote
Yarhamukallah is said to remind is that we will get blessings from Allah only when we are grateful for what we have. What an awesome thing to say! Growing up we always used to say "God bless you" with out thinking anything behind it.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 18, 2003  -  9:16 AM Reply with quote
That's right. We need to ponder on what we are accustomed to do.
guirguis17

USA
Posted - Sunday, November 23, 2003  -  2:20 PM Reply with quote
i thought "YURHAMAKALLAH" meant that you wished that person "RAHMA" , which is equivilent to peace/blessings. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 24, 2003  -  11:11 AM Reply with quote
Actually, there are two things involved in case a person has a sneeze. One is that the person who sneezes says "Al-Hamdulillah" (Gratitude be to Allah) and the other is that the person who hears these words "Gratitude be to Allah" says: "Yarhamukallah" (Allah's mercy be upon upon) to the first person.

The response of the first person to a sneeze denotes that Allah will descend upon His mercy upon those who are grateful to Him. The second reply is actually to invoke the mercy of Allah for the one who is thankful to the Lord.
FirstFaith

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 4, 2007  -  7:25 PM Reply with quote
The reson for this thankfulness might be that when we sneeze , all the dust particles and jerms sticked in our wind pipe(with cilia) are sneezed out......this is the great blessing of ALLAH that our windpipe become clean again..........therefore we should thank ALLAH for it....for greater rewards of following SUNNAH we can do it in arabic(ALHAMDULILLAH) but otherwise can aslo say it in our native language(in my opinion)like 'Thank GOD'

ALLAH KNOWS BETTER THAN ALL>>>>>>>>>>MAY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL......AMEEN
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 6, 2007  -  9:47 AM Reply with quote
Sneeze:
A sternutation, sternutatory reflex or, more commonly known, sneeze is a semi-autonomous, convulsive expulsion of air from the nose and mouth. This air can reach speeds of 70 m/s (250 km/h or 155 MPH). Sneezes spread disease by producing infectious droplets that are 0.5 to 5 µm in diameter, about 40,000 such droplets can be produced by a single sneeze.[1]
Cause:
Sneezing is generally caused by irritation and some times bacterial clog up in the throat, lungs or in the passages of the nose. Allergens such as pollens, pet dander, house dust mites, as well as nonallergenic particles are usually harmless, but when they irritate the nose the body responds by expelling them from the nasal passages. The nose mistakes strong odors, sudden chills, bright lights (see photic sneeze reflex), and even orgasms in some people for nasal irritants, and it tries to defend itself with a sneeze.

--------
Itz really honest to thank Allah when we come across such a big event exposed by our body.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker