Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, January 6, 2008  -  12:43 PM Reply with quote
Smoking ! For & Against

last night while driving home i heard a part of a progrme on bbc radio 4 about 'smoking- for and against' and thought it would be nice to have such comments from our communities. e.g.

For: It takes away your stress

Against: It cuts down your life span
zarqs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, August 9, 2008  -  4:10 PM Reply with quote
Smoking is also not good for ladies beauty.It can make skin dry and wrinkled at a younger age. I have seen some customers with damaged lips, teeth and fingers because of smoking. If you smoke crack and weed with it, it can make things worse. You will look many years older than your age.There are many hot lines to freehelp stop smoking.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 14, 2008  -  9:32 AM Reply with quote
also got this in email just now

AA, as if we needed any more reasons not to smoke...this tops it WS.
'Many a big deed becomes small due to its intention, & many a small deed becomes big due to its intention......'

(Abdullah ibn Mubarak)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, August 19, 2008  -  6:04 AM Reply with quote

A Mufti in Bangalore once declared from the pulpit that Cigarette smoking is not haraam but detestable (makrooh) because of its bad smell and because it is an imitation of the people of hell from whose mouth and nose smoke will be emitting.

Saudi scholars on the other hand have declared smoking tobacco as haraam because use of anything that is injurious to your health is haraam and medical science has paroved that cigarette smoking causes

lung cancer,

heart disease,

emphysema

and other serious diseases in smokers.

Smokers are far more likely to develop serious diseases, like lung cancer, than nonsmokers. There is no "safe" cigarette.
sbeech

USA
Posted - Wednesday, August 27, 2008  -  3:44 PM Reply with quote
All in all, and everything said, I just wish that I could stop after over thirty years. It is my intention to utilize Ramadan, since it is my first experience, to quit smoking altogether since I have to not smoke during fast times! May Allah (ta'aala) will.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, August 28, 2008  -  9:17 AM Reply with quote
insh'Allah we hope 'n pray u can do it.there are lots of ways available for it where u live

Ramadan Kareem
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, September 6, 2008  -  2:44 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.............. I just wish that I could stop after over thirty years. .......................May Allah (ta'aala) will.

Ameen. May Allah s.w.t. make it easy for you to quit this dangerous habit.

Please read the folloing page.

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgqX4ZLb.Xir3Ik8vWY1YRa9Hwx.;_ylv=3?qid=20080826041116AAXUO23

Assalamu Aleykum.
WadoodKareem

HUNGARY
Posted - Saturday, September 6, 2008  -  4:19 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum,

dear sbeech, I am in the same situation as you are. How it goes for you?

I had been smoking for 21 years. Since the beginning of Ramadan, I of course do not smoke from fajr to maghrib. Other than that, on the first day of Ramadan I was eager to smoke after maghrib salaat. But after 4 - 5 puffs of smoke I felt so bad. For a number of reasons. First, I felt crummy, dizzy. Second, I felt like the cigarette makes me "dirty"; I smelled the stink of the smoke which I was unable to smell ever since I started to smoke. Third, I felt like as if my fasting was about to be rendered futile by my cigarette even though time of sawn was already over for the day (by the way, please comment if this is the case or not). So I put out my cigarette.

However, unfortunately, cigarette is a very addictive habit. It is a very powerful tool of satan, because it implements its harmful effects very slowly. One will not realize how dangerous it is until its too late. One thing about it is, like most smokers will tell you, that the longing for smoke will be the most unbearable after a meal. This is what I am fighting now. I smoke 1 or maximum 2 puffs (not cigarettes, just puffs) after my meal after maghrib.

Brothers and sisters please make dua for all the members of the umma, who, like me and sbeech, are having this nasty habit, to realize how bad it is and to be able to give it up all together with.

Jazakallah khair.

Ramadan mubarak!

Abd Ul Wadood Al Kareem
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, September 6, 2008  -  10:36 AM Reply with quote
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgqX4ZLb.Xir3Ik8vWY1YRa9Hwx.;_ylv=3?qid=20080826041116AAXUO23

Please copy and paste the abpve URL on your browse if one click on it does not tkwe you to the page.
WadoodKareem

HUNGARY
Posted - Wednesday, September 10, 2008  -  3:52 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaykum,

Progress update:
yesterday was the first completely smoke free day for me in I don't even know how many years. Alhamdulillah.

Jazakallah khair for all who are making dua for us smokers.

Abd Ul Wadood Al Kareem
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 16, 2008  -  4:31 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalamu Alaykum,

...........yesterday was the first completely smoke free day for me ................

Determination is what is required to fight the whisper of Shaitan the accursed one.

You have proved that your body can function without nicotine. So keep it up and drink plenty of water to wash out the old nicotine from your blood.

After Ramadhaan, carry a bottle of water with you for a few more weeks and drink a little water when(if)ever you feel the uarge to smoke. Insha Allah that will rid you of smoking.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 17, 2008  -  6:28 AM Reply with quote
weldone W; mash'Allah thats great take A's advice as well and carry on. our prayers remain with u.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, September 18, 2008  -  1:48 AM Reply with quote
It is most likely that on the morning of Eid you will feel the urge to smoke. So carry your bottle of water when you go for Eid Prayers and have some water if you feel like smoking. That will Insha Allah rid you of that urge.
WadoodKareem

HUNGARY
Posted - Thursday, September 18, 2008  -  5:56 AM Reply with quote
May Allah bless you all for your good advices and prayers. Jazakallah Khair.
mbellos

NIGERIA
Posted - Thursday, September 25, 2008  -  3:03 PM Reply with quote
Assalamueleikumwarahmatullh
Dear Brother WadoodKareem Hungary. We are still praying for you. You are a brave man. Allah SWT will help you INSHALLAHTAALA.
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, September 28, 2008  -  10:50 PM Reply with quote
The "Heart Day" today may have helped.

Best wishes.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker