Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
kuki7

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, December 19, 2007  -  3:54 PM Reply with quote
Importance of Prayer

Dear brothers and sisters,

ALLAH bless you all,

We Muslims sometimes ignore very important things which we should not, due to our ignorance.
If I list all these things, Prayer or Namaz will be on the top of the list .To 700 times ALLAH commands us about Prayer in Holy Quran, which reveals its importance.
if you try to percieve the case of "Iblis" , you will come to know that he was a jinn and used to teach angels but when Allah ordered him to prostate to Adam, he refused to do so by saying he is superior to Adam.

Surah Al-Kahf , Surah #18, Ayah # 50
Behold! We said to the angels "Bow down to Adam": they bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrongdoers!

Surah Al-A'raf , Surah 7, Ayah # 11 & 12
It is We who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam and they bowed down; not so Iblis; he refused to be of those who bow down
(Allah) said: "what prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: thou didst create me from fire and him from clay."

The key point to be noted is that ALLAH commanded the Iblis to bow down to Adam ,not to Himself at that time which Iblis refused . He did not refuse to prostate to ALLAH. This very act of him (not bowing before Adam) make him damned.

Now come to this , ALLAH order each muslim to prostate to Himself 40 times a day (,fajre 8, zuhar 8, Asre 8, maghrib 6 and Isha 10 times) but if he does not ,What you think? Can someone dare to justify that.

If one refusal to prostrate to Adam can mould angel's teacher into devil then what product will come out of a man who refuses 40 times to prostate to ALLAH,daily

Surah Al-Muddaththir Surah 74 , Ayah 41-47

41 And (ask) of the Sinners:

42 "What led you into Hell-Fire?"

43 They will say: "We were not of those who prayed;"

44 "Nor were we of those who fed the indigent;"

45 "But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;"

46 "And we used to deny the Day of Judgment"

47 "Until there came to us (the Hour) that is certain."

Manners of Prayer

If you analyze your everyday experiences you will come to the conclusion that roughly only 15 - 25% of Pakistani Muslims offer their prayers regularly despite the fact that one refusal to prostrate to Adam has moulded the angel's teacher( Iblis) into a devil.Why should those Muslims ,who don't offer their prayer regularly , don't think what product will come out of a man who refuses 40 times to prostate to ALLAH,daily.?
Unfortunately those who are regular in their prayers usually unaware of one hadith which teaches us the real manners of prayer. I would quote this very hadith so that you find your shortcomings

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith
Hadith 1.724 Narrated by
Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle entered the mosque and a person followed him. The man prayed and went to the Prophet and greeted him. The Prophet returned the greeting and said to him, "Go back and pray, for you have not prayed." The man went back prayed in the same way as before, returned and greeted the Prophet who said, "Go back and pray, for you have not prayed." This happened thrice. The man said, "By Him Who sent you with the Truth, I cannot offer the prayer in a better way than this. Please, teach me how to pray." The Prophet said, "When you stand for Prayer say Takbir and then recite from the Holy Qur'an (of what you know by heart) and then bow till you feel at ease. Then raise your head and stand up straight, then prostrate till you feel at ease during your prostration, then sit with calmness till you feel at ease (do not hurry) and do the same in all your prayers."

with best regards,

Syed Abdur Rehman

Please forward these kind of messages as much as you can to earn blessings of ALLAH
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, August 13, 2008  -  4:11 PM Reply with quote
quote:

............ ALLAH order each muslim to prostate to Himself 40 times a day (,fajre 8, zuhar 8, Asre 8, maghrib 6 and Isha 10 times) .............

Please mention the name of the Book, Chapter, Verse number etc where I can find such an Order from Allah.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, August 13, 2008  -  4:50 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Surah Al-Muddaththir Surah 74 , Ayah 41-47

41 And (ask) of the Sinners:

42 "What led you into Hell-Fire?"

43 They will say: "We were not of those who prayed;"

44 "Nor were we of those who fed the indigent;"

45 "But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;"

46 "And we used to deny the Day of Judgment"

47 "Until there came to us (the Hour) that is certain."

Please read verses 44 and 45 again.

They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer the Salah, nor did we feed the poor."

Doesnt this mean that they did not worship Allah, and also did not do good to their fellow creatures (i.e., other people)?

And in the verses that follow we learn how they admit that they used to speak about what they had no knowledge of and also they used to deny the Day of Recompense.

Thus it is made clear that there are four reasons that led them into Hell-Fire. Please tell me what makes you single out only "prayer/namaz" and highlight it as the only reason?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, August 14, 2008  -  4:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.........If I list all these things, Prayer or Namaz will be on the top of the list . ......

........700 times ALLAH commands us about Prayer in Holy Quran...........[/
quote]

Please tell me a few of these 700 instances where prayer has been mentioned separately or highlighted as the most important command.

I ask you this because my limited knowledge of the Qur'an tells me that Salah (which is what you have refered to as prayer / namaz I suppose)has always been mentioned with other obligations of equal importance and not singled out as most imortant.

To site an example,

Allah said,

[وَقَالَ اللَّهُ إِنِّى مَعَكُمْ]

And Allah said, "I am with you... (with My protection, support)

and He said,,

[لَئِنْ أَقَمْتُمُ الصَّلوةَ وَءَاتَيْتُمْ الزَّكَوةَ وَءَامَنتُمْ بِرُسُلِى]

if you perform the Salah and give the Zakah and believe in My Messengers; (concerning what they bring you of the revelation,),

[وَعَزَّرْتُمُوهُمْ]

honor and assist them... (and support them on the truth,),

[وَأَقْرَضْتُمُ اللَّهَ قَرْضاً حَسَناً]

and lend to Allah a good loan... (by spending in His cause, seeking to please Him.),

[لأُكَفِّرَنَّ عَنْكُمْ سَيِّئَـتِكُمْ]

verily, I will remit your sins and errors, (I will erase them, cover them, and will not punish you for them,),

[وَلأدْخِلَنَّكُمْ جَنَّـتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا الاٌّنْهَـرُ]

and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise). (thus, protecting you from what you fear and granting you what you seek.),

For complete details please read Surah Al-Maidah 5:Verses 12-14

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker