Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, December 19, 2007  -  10:17 AM Reply with quote
These are the Days of Hajj & Eid...

Make the best of the days of Hajj and Eid ul adha- with prayers and fasts-specially a message for our sisters, because we tend to spend a lot of time merely on foods and shopping.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 3, 2008  -  10:46 PM Reply with quote
"If a Muslim commits a sin, he must hasten to repent at once, without delay, firstly because he does not know when he will die, and secondly because one evil deed leads to another.
Repentance at special times is very important because in most cases people’s thoughts turn towards worship at these times, and they are keen to do good, which leads to them recognizing their sins and feeling regret for the past.
Repentance is obligatory at all times, but when the Muslim combines sincere repentance with good deeds during the days of most virtue, this is a sign of success, in sha Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "But as for him who repented, believed and did righteous deeds, then he will be among those who are successful." [al-Qasas 28:67]
Also on yaum e arafa’ Allah swt forgives his slaves. May Allah swt make us one of those who are forgiven on this occasion.
The Muslim should make sure that he does not miss any of these important occasion, because time is passing quickly. Let her/him prepare himself by doing good deeds which will bring him reward when s/he is most in need of it, for no matter how much reward s/he earns, s/he will find it is less than s/he needs;
the time of departure is at hand, the journey is frightening, delusions are widespread, and the road is long, but Allaah is ever watchful, and to Him will we return and render account. As the Qur’aan says (interpretation of the meaning):
"So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom, shall see it,
And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom, shall see it."
[al-Zalzalah 99:7-8]
There is much to be gained, so make the most of the opportunity afforded by these invaluable and irreplaceable ten days. Let us hasten to do good works, before death strikes, before one can regret one’s negligence and failure to act, before one is asked to return to a place where no prayers will be answered, before death intervenes between the hopeful one and the things he hopes for, before you are trapped with your deeds in the grave."

Dr.Samia

Adapted from an email.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, December 4, 2008  -  10:43 AM Reply with quote
quote:

...........Adapted from an email.

Jazakallahu khair.

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah

Al-Hamdulillaah, Thulhijjah, one of the sacred months, is here, and its first ten days are of greatest value. A golden opportunity for believers to do good deeds and compete each other seeking Allaah's forgiveness. All thanks to Allaah Azza wa jal who blessed us with another season of great rewards for good deeds.

Our beloved prophet (Sallahu alayhi wa sallam) informed us of this blessed opportunity so we may take advantage of it and make it a sure means of getting closer to our Lord, Allaah Azza wa Jal.

He (Sallalahu 'alayhi wa Sallam) said:

• "The greatest days with Allaah are the days of An-Nahar and Al-Qarr" (Sunan Abi Daawud)

He (Sallalahu 'alayhi wa Sallam) also said:

• "There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah then the first ten days of Thul-hijjah" (Reported by Ad-Daarimi in his sunnan).

For all those who are going to hajj, may Allaah Subhanahu wa Ta'alaa accept their hajj, answer their Du'aas, protect their families in their absence, and grant them safe return to their loved ones.

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:46 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, December 10, 2008  -  1:42 PM Reply with quote
MINA: Nafisa Ali is a former Miss India, national swimming champion, model, actress, jockey, socialite and social worker — all rolled into one. She is the daughter of the well-known Indian photographer Ahmed Ali. In fact, it is difficult to define her personality. But the “Water Baby of Bengal,” who was crowned Miss India in 1976, and was runner-up in the Miss International contest in 1977 — was in a different mode in Mina and it was difficult to recognize her. Wearing “ihram,” she looked a completely different person. She was in a religious mode, taking care of her father and was far from the usual milieus she is used to. She utilized every bit of her stay at the holy places to “cleanse the inner self.” Nafisa is a celebrity in her own right. Her face adorns the cover of leading magazines and newspapers in India; she is always in the news, though sometimes for controversial reasons. Nafisa said that she had come to perform Haj with her father who is not well but wanted nonetheless to make the journey. The two have come this time as part of the Indian Haj Goodwill Delegation headed by Jharkhand Gov. Syed Sibtey Hasan Rizvi. Speaking about her Haj experience Nafisa said, “The Almighty made it very easy for us. And up to now, I have enjoyed every bit of my stay here. I prayed for my country; my country is my cause. I want India to prosper as a peace-loving, modern and tolerant nation. I am a person who loves peace and harmony so I also prayed for the end of terrorism, the very terrorism which my motherland is one of the worst victims of.” She said all religions teach peace, love, coexistence, tolerance and modernity. But due to the behavior of a few, Islam has been labeled an intolerant orthodoxy. The image of Islam is being tarnished by a small group and Muslims must come forward to present to the world the correct picture of their divine faith. Nafisa, born to a Roman Catholic mother and Muslim father, is married to a Sikh, Col. R.S. Sodhi, a renowned polo player. She contested unsuccessfully in the 2004 South Kolkata parliamentary elections. http://arabnews.com/?page=1&;section=0&article=117106&d=10&m=12&y=2008&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=KingdomText
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, December 11, 2008  -  3:56 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...................Nafisa said that she had come to perform Haj with her father .............The two have come this time as part of the Indian Haj Goodwill Delegation headed by Jharkhand Gov. Syed Sibtey Hasan Rizvi. ....

Did she announce any commitment to a lifestyle change that is generally expected of a Muslim after his/her Hajj?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker