1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 1 of 4

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Mazhara

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, November 26, 2007  -  2:03 PM Reply with quote
Is beating wife allowed? Does Quran permit?

Is beating wife allowed? Does Quran e Majeed permit?

http://haqeeqat.org.pk/paker/08/slides/1.html
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Monday, November 26, 2007  -  4:54 PM Reply with quote
Regardng Koran-4:34, majority believes what the concensus of majority of the scholars is! Besides this no one favours wife beating.

And author of the link delibertately omits the full trnsalation of 4:34 to serve his/her own will.
Mazhara

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 26, 2007  -  5:07 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Regardng Koran-4:34, majority believes what the concensus of majority of the scholars is! Besides this no one favours wife beating.

Assalamo Alaikum,

And author of the link delibertately omits the full trnsalation of 4:34 to serve his/her own will.{oosnam}

Here is 4:34
ٱلرِّجَالُ قَوَّٰمُونَ عَلَى ٱلنِّسَآءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ ٱللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ وَبِمَآ أَنْفَقُواْ مِنْ أَمْوَٰلِهِمْ فَٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتُ قَٰنِتَٰتٌ حَٰفِظَٰتٌ لِّلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ ٱللَّهُ وَٱلَّٰتِي تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَٱهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي ٱلْمَضَاجِعِ وَٱضْرِبُوهُنَّ فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلاَ تَبْغُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلاً إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيّاً كَبِيراً

Only the last line has not been included. فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلاَ تَبْغُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلاً إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيّاً كَبِيراً

Does it make any difference in what has been stated in the article?
"And if in consequence/sequel they listen to you......"

Could physical beating yield such a result that wives would start listening?
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Monday, November 26, 2007  -  5:27 PM Reply with quote
I disagree what you have showed (the link) and believe. I believe what Koran states!
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Monday, November 26, 2007  -  5:44 PM Reply with quote
In the link 4;34 is only upto
ٱلرِّجَالُ قَوَّٰمُونَ عَلَى ٱلنِّسَآءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ ٱللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ وَبِمَآ أَنْفَقُواْ مِنْ أَمْوَٰلِهِمْ فَ

You are delibertately trying to deviate from the thing exhibted to anyone in the link.
Mazhara

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 26, 2007  -  6:50 PM Reply with quote
quote:

In the link 4;34 is only upto
ٱلرِّجَالُ قَوَّٰمُونَ عَلَى ٱلنِّسَآءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ ٱللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ وَبِمَآ أَنْفَقُواْ مِنْ أَمْوَٰلِهِمْ فَ

You are delibertately trying to deviate from the thing exhibted to anyone in the link.{oosnam}

And on page 2 is this:
فَٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتُ قَٰنِتَٰتٌ حَٰفِظَٰتٌ لِّلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ ٱللَّهُ

And later part of page 2 is this:
وَٱلَّٰتِي تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَٱهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِي ٱلْمَضَاجِعِ وَٱضْرِبُوهُنَّ

Dear please see once again. However what point you want to raise?
From what I am deviating, as you suggest? Please be clear and straight in your opinion so that I could clarify or correct myself if something wrong or against the Quran has been stated by me. Thanks.
StudentAffairs

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, November 26, 2007  -  8:11 PM Reply with quote
Oosnam you are reminded to use a gentler language. We have also reminded you that your I.P. address is appearing as some of the registrations blocked previously due to the use of rude language at forums.So please BEWARE!

Watchdog
Student Affairs Studying Islam
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, November 27, 2007  -  2:58 AM Reply with quote
Your statement is quite insignificant if the same is not for the others. So keep on doing equality among the members otherwise you are quite doing the worst.

And before asking others studentaffairs UK must mind its own language first. It perhaps is missing its own awkwardness.
Mazhara

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 27, 2007  -  8:17 AM Reply with quote
Dear oosnam,

Assalamo Alaikum,

Please let me know if you think that something stated stated by me in the Article is not in accordance with the Quran since whatever is written therein it is only based on the verses of the Quran and you say that you believe only in what Quran states.

Because of this the viewer could get biased about the article even before clicking the link as if the article narrates something against the Quran. I will appreciate and be thankful if you could kindly point out omissions/mistakes in the article to enable me rectify the same. Thanks.
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, August 9, 2008  -  5:15 AM Reply with quote
Salaam aliukum brothers and sisters in Islam,

Alhmadulilah. Let us keep away from this kind of talk - this leads to division in the Ummah and the only path to success in this diin is together. Rasool Allahi, peace be upon him, said that 73 sects will emerge and only one will enter jennah. Let us hold fast to the Qur'an and the kind manners demanded of us. This is not a place of fighting, insha'Allah ta'ala.

Regarding the topic at hand, we can see some key points regarding the issues of "beating" a wife. Firstly, the Qur'an has laid out certian methods in dealing with disagreement between husband and wife, these must be followed and the last course of action is a light physical one, note that any action leaving marks on the body is too harsh - as taught by Muhammad, peace be upon him. Thus "beating" in the english term is not allowed. However, there is a methodology laid out in the Qur'an and ahadith that allows for minor physical persuasion. Also note that the Prophet, peace be upon him, is the best of examples and did not do this, rather he seperated his bed from his wives - and he did this for one entire month at one point. Also brothers and sisters in Islam, note that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said that the best of the brothers are those who are best to thier wives.

May Allah guide us to the best of actions. May Allah keep us on His straight path. Amin.

If anything I said was correct it comes from Allah who deserves all praise and if anything is wrong it comes from me and the shaitan.

Salaam aliukum
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, August 10, 2008  -  10:27 AM Reply with quote
nice to see u after a while L; salam how was ur trip to home.

"A good Idea is Best Shared" is written on the wish card i recvd from local bbc(as we join them occasionally for the discussions about community issues)

yesterday as i was waiting at a tr.signal behind a local service bus i noticed the advert for a new car with a pic where a man is pushing an old car and the front portion of the car is new. it said at the bottom " give a push to your old car. buy a new one at easy terms "etc.

much fuss is made about treating women badly in islam but we can see the times of ignorance in modern times again. as we read the hx of 'daur e jahlia' in arabia that women were changed frequently just like a shoe or a slipper, today we can see this happening just like the changing of a car model. most of the histories i get from patients and other contacts, it seems like woman is treated no more than an object(am talking about majority. there are still some morals and family virtues to be found)
girls at a very young age are exposed to characters like 'barbie doll' and some other disney characters where the mesge is looking beautiful and being available for men. this continues throughout life. if she is unable to do so, then she can forget about a suitable place in society, higher status at a job/career etc.
she is valuable, untill she is attractive and colourful to satisfy man's desires. beating or killing her to even death on small issues is not a problem.

no wonder the beloved (prophet Muhammad sws) stressed so much on woman's rights. its a meloncholy of all ages and times.
loganc

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, August 10, 2008  -  11:24 AM Reply with quote
Salaam aliukum,

Jaza'kAllah khier.

Yes, although let me just mention one point to our brothers and sisters in Islam because I assume most of the readers in this forum are Muslims:

We do have an issue within our Ummah regarding the mistreatment of women. I am not talking about western secular standards of human rights and women's liberation, rather I am talking about the Islamic regulations, the Islamic teachings and Islamic mannerisms that are being forgotten and/or ignored.

Recall a hadith where the Prophet, peace be upon him, was asked if a woman ought to greet her husband at the door when he comes home - he, peace be upon him, says that would be nice. The man (subhan'Allah brothers look how little we have changed since the time of Rasooli, peace be upon him), thought that he was on a roll and maybe he could push a little more, so he asks: Is is good for my wife to stand while I eat (thus she is the server of food rather than the co-eater of food)? Rasool Allahi, peace be upon him, says: This is the attitude of tyrants.

1400 years later brothers and sisters, in so many facets of life our brothers are acting like tyrants. Regardless if it is a cultural hangover or something else, it is not Islam. We need to return to, or go to, the diin of Islam insha'Allah ta'ala.

If I have said anything good it is from Allah who deserves all praise and if anything is wrong or mis-said it comes from me and the shaitan.

salaam aliukum
Mazhara

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 4, 2009  -  8:06 PM Reply with quote
Thanks brother,

And perhaps The Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم is also reported to have said to people that amongst you he is better in Iman whose conduct with his wife is better.
shehzads

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, May 1, 2010  -  4:12 PM Reply with quote
This is the sad story though. This discrimination of woman is not limited to the West. Our religious Muslims seem to be very famous about it. They cannot digest the thought of a woman having a same skill as themselves. I was listening to a question and answer session by Dr.Zakir Naik this morning .A lady asked if a lady could read news on TV even in full hijab with face cover. Our 'Great Scholar' Dr Naik replied, "Yes she can- if all the men in her area are dead!" It would have been better to say that if all the men in her area don't have as good skills as her's- if he did have to discriminate anyway.
This is the state of mind in most Muslim religious organizations. If a woman displays her skills of doing a better work, men take it as a challenge and start reacting funny to her. How can we then blame the West only?
safimera

CANADA
Posted - Monday, May 3, 2010  -  8:58 PM Reply with quote
yaaron.....
where those people are living, nowadays, who beat their wives and then still their life is NOT hell....

my brought up was in such family where wives have upper hand on their husbands...

my father i saw and then my father-in- law....lols

and now I am having same life....
if I only yell at her a little , next one week of mine is more than hell....

so I believe....

nowadays,
you can beat your wife only in dreams....which unfortunately still I did not have .....
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 14, 2010  -  2:54 PM Reply with quote
so is beating a wife allowed ?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3 4
Next page >>
Page 1 of 4

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker