Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
abuzakariya

INDONESIA
Topic initiated on Thursday, October 23, 2003  -  9:41 AM Reply with quote
Certificates

Asalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Just stumbled unto this site yesterday and was both surprised and happy to discover it is completely free.
I do have one thing that I am curious about.
How are the students going to recieve the certificates?

Wa salaam, Henning.
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 23, 2003  -  9:53 AM Reply with quote
You are welcome to the site. The team at Studying Islam heartily invites you to join the courses on different topics related to Islam.

You will be emailed a soft copy of the certificate as and when you complete it. You may then get a print out of it. Every student who needs to get a hard copy from Studying Islam, will be requested to pay the printing and postage charges to have the job done.
abuzakariya

INDONESIA
Posted - Thursday, October 23, 2003  -  1:21 PM Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply. How much would it cost to get the hard copy of the certificate? I live in Indonesia.

Wa salaam, Henning.
AminahStar

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 23, 2003  -  7:38 PM Reply with quote
Have you recently changed the policy regarding certificates?

friend
admin

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, October 27, 2003  -  9:58 AM Reply with quote
Yes the policy has indeed been changed.

Those who want hard copies of their certificates to be posted to them would be charged 20 USD per certificate. The soft copy of their certificates would be free of charge.
AminahStar

USA
Posted - Monday, October 27, 2003  -  9:07 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Yes the policy has indeed been changed.

Those who want hard copies of their certificates to be posted to them would be charged 20 USD per certificate. The soft copy of their certificates would be free of charge.

Dont you think 20 dollars is a little bit expensive, considering they used to be free? Do you know what one can buy with twenty dollars? I think more reasonable would be to charge the production and shipping cost, and that cannot be twenty dollars. Considering I do not have a good printer, I guess I dont get any certificates, and Im certainly not paying 20 dollars to get one.

friend
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, October 28, 2003  -  12:30 PM Reply with quote
assalamoalaykum(peace)
do not feel that i'm interfering dearest sr.
but i cud not resist saying something

the amount of money we pay here for our other degrees/academics is enormous i.e. exam fee, transport,books, other material

this website is free for us to visit and even take courses
all the reading material we get here is so very hard earned by our brs and srs working so hard for it night and day to get us the purest of knowledge from the original sources

this needs extensive research
and we do agree that this is the best ilm of the world i.e. ilm/knowledge of Qura'n and Sunnah(prophets' lives)
we r extremely lucky to have it free of cost in our own houses and no doubt its Allah's direct and personal blessing on us

however we must pray for and help if we can, the people who r working behind this
many of them r so tied up with this work that they do not even find time to work for their earnings for themselves and families. but they ofcourse never mention or ask us re. these matters
as Allah is the helper of those who help His cause

producing, arranging,printing,delivering of certificates in hard copy costs too
i personally do not think we shud b objecting this whence we do spend so much for so many other causes

pls do not at all feel offended personally as i understand that u r a very useful and understanding contributor to this site

i just added it for general consideration as well
and its nice that u brought it up as some others may have felt the same

open to comments

fond regards

hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, October 29, 2003  -  12:23 PM Reply with quote
peace
i wud add apologies to the admin if they felt i took over and replied whereas they had opted to remain silent

regards

ayesha

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 29, 2003  -  12:40 PM Reply with quote
I happen to agree with hkhan completely.

Regards.
AminahStar

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 29, 2003  -  4:12 PM Reply with quote
Im not objecting to having to pay for the certificates, Im objecting to the amount we must now pay for certificates, its way too much, Im sorry if I have offended anyone, but really that amount is way too much.
AminahStar

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 30, 2003  -  3:30 PM Reply with quote
Just discovered that the soft copy of the certificates are not printable on one piece of paper. Can anyone rectify this problem?

OH, by the way ,for everyone from Pakistan;

20 usd = 1148 (one thousand one hundred forty-eight) rupees (point being that this is a very high amount of money to pay for a piece of paper)

Its amazing that the moderators have not commented on my objection.

Edited by - aminahstar on October 30 2003 15:39:08
admin

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 30, 2003  -  6:42 PM Reply with quote
Our readers may kindly note that a usd cheque below 100 usd from outside pakistan is charged 16 usd and sometimes more. The net amount that comes to us is 3-4 usd.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, October 31, 2003  -  10:54 AM Reply with quote
i think the solution to all this could b in setting up the system of payment on debit cards on our website, which hopefully wud b done sometime in future
b/c as explained above the rest of the money just goes to expenses like verification of cheque/signatures etc. which includes cheque return for same and other procedures; leading to deduction of money by the relevant banks

Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, October 31, 2003  -  11:05 AM Reply with quote
The reason we chose to remain silent was to confirm from an authentic bank channel how much money will be gone in deductions and exactly how much we will be able to get for a piece of paper and postage expenses.

As regards the suggestion by Dr. Khan, I'd say it is under consideration. But everything takes time and FINANCES too. What this site deserves is sincere prayers to tackle problems posed by both.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker