Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
moghazali

SAUDI ARABIA
Topic initiated on Wednesday, October 24, 2007  -  3:36 PM Reply with quote
Verification of Source of Passage

Dear All, I have got the following excerpt from someone and just wanted if any of you can confirm it's authenticity as stated in it because I could not get access to the Fatawa Ibn Tamiyyah due to lack of resources. Any help is appreciated. Here is the excerpt:

Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) said,

"Seek knowledge, because:
- seeking it for the sake of Allah is worship.
- and knowing it makes you more God-fearing.
- searching for it is jihad.
- teaching it to those who do not know is charity.
- reviewing and learning it more is like tasbeeh.
- through knowledge Allah will be known and worshipped.

With knowledge Allah will elevate people and make them leaders and imams, who will in turn guide other people."

[Fatawa Ibn Taymiyyah, Vol. 10, p. 39]
oosnam

INDIA
Posted - Friday, October 26, 2007  -  10:36 AM Reply with quote
We can assess importance of the knowledge from few of these verses of Koran. Directly or indirectly these verses also carry answers of most of your questions.

2:247. He said: Surely Allah has chosen him in preference to you, and He has increased him abundantly in knowledge and physique, and Allah grants His kingdom to whom He pleases, and Allah is Amplegiving, Knowing.

3: 7. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.

3:18. There is no god but He: That is the witness of Allah, His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no god but He, the Exalted in Power, the Wise.

12:68. And when they entered in the manner their father had enjoined, it did not profit them in the least against (the plan of) Allah: It was but a necessity of Jacob's soul, which he discharged. For he was, by our instruction, full of knowledge (and experience): but most men know not.

16:25. Let them bear, on the Day of Judgment, their own burdens in full, and also (something) of the burdens of those without knowledge, whom they misled. Alas, how grievous the burdens they will bear!

18: 5. No knowledge have they of such a thing, nor had their fathers. It is a grievous thing that issues from their mouths as a saying what they say is nothing but falsehood!

18:65. So they found one of Our servants, on whom We had bestowed Mercy from Ourselves and whom We had taught knowledge from Our own Presence.

19:43. "O my father! to me (Abraham) hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a way that is even and straight.

22: 3. And yet among men there are such as dispute about Allah, without knowledge, and follow every evil one obstinate in rebellion!

22: 8. Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without Knowledge, without Guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment,-

22:54. And that those on whom knowledge has been bestowed may learn that the (Qur'an) is the Truth from thy Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may be made humbly (open) to it: for verily Allah is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Way.

22:71. Yet they worship, besides Allah, things for which no authority has been sent down to them, and of which they have (really) no knowledge: for those that do wrong there is no helper.

24:15. Behold, ye received it on your tongues, and said out of your mouths things of which ye had no knowledge; and ye thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah.

27:15. We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to Allah, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!"

31: 6. But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.

45:24. And they say: "What is there but our life in this world? We shall die and we live, and nothing but time can destroy us." But of that they have no knowledge: they merely conjecture:
moghazali

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Friday, October 26, 2007  -  2:23 PM Reply with quote
JazakAllah Khair...I appreciate the answer above that even raised the level of my own knowledge.

However, I am still anxious to know if the statement presented in my question still be verified as authentic to be from Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah).

Thank you again for the efforts. WasSalaam.

Muhammad Ousama Ghazali
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 31, 2007  -  8:45 AM Reply with quote
Ya Akhee

You have all information [Fatawa Ibn Taymiyyah, Vol. 10, p. 39] then WHY do you Want to CROSS Check it? From where you Got this information that This Fatwa is Present here [Fatawa Ibn Taymiyyah, Vol. 10, p. 39]? Do you have ANY Q regarding His Fatwa???

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker