Powered by UITechs
Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Niebla

BOLIVIA
Topic initiated on Tuesday, October 23, 2007  -  4:43 AM Reply with quote
How to make up the lost fast due to period?

Assalamu Alaikum

This was my first Ramadan ( I became muslim 8 months ago) and I'm guessing how to make up the 6 days I was unable to fast. The 6 days running(1 after the other up to make 6)?
It was hard ( up to get problems with family) for fasting in sunday, so I want to plan these 6 days without includig sunday. I also wanna do it this running month. Can some one guide me please?
Thank you so much.
Salam
affan

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, October 23, 2007  -  5:59 AM Reply with quote
Wa Alaikum Salaam Niebla,

First of all, congratulations on successfully completing your first Ramadan .

As for the question you have asked: you just have to complete the number of fasts missed. You can do it at your convenience. You don't have to fast on continuous days. There is even no time period during which you must make up for the missed fasts. However, it is better that you do it before the start of next Ramadan otherwise they'll accumulate and make the matter difficult instead.

See http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=704&sscatid=507

You can download this e-book for more information regarding fasting and related issues:
http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/bookdetails.asp?bookid=43

Edited by: affan on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:33 AM
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 24, 2007  -  12:14 PM Reply with quote
Wa Alaikum Salaam Dear sister in Islam Niebla,

Many Many congratulations From ME as well on successfully completing your first Ramadan. I do hope that you'll share your Experience w Us here as well.
&
Thanks a lot Bro Affan for a Complete Information & Sorry sis Henna coming Ahead of U.

I wud Just like to ADD that if our sis will Fast All her missed ones During the Month of Shawwal ( next 29/30 days after Ramadan) She'll NOT HAVE to keep SIX Fasts of Shawwal seperately. She can Just ADD them in her NIYYAH (Intention) of Fasting.

Regards
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, October 29, 2007  -  11:24 AM Reply with quote
thnx I; kiya coming ahead of me u all are already ahead in the relevant knowledge i suppose.
also its sis shahida the mod. now;not me-but ofcourse i luv to take part in these discussions as honestly- this is my luxurious free time which i get to enjoy and learn from u all
Niebla

BOLIVIA
Posted - Monday, October 29, 2007  -  2:06 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum

Thank you so much for your answers. Regarding making up those days..., well my intention was as I said to do it in this month, however a terrible cold sent me to bed and made not possible to fulfill them. I'm still sick. But I will make them up as soon as I feel me well. Inshaallah.
How it was my first Ramadan? Well, before starting I was very afraid. I thought I wouldn't be able to fast. A net fiend asked me to make a try some days before. I did, it was terrible! I got such a headache around the 3 pm!, I kept on the intention to fast all days, thinking that or I would get used to the headache or the headache had to go away. Alahamdulillah, fasting was easier than expected. Not headache, not feeling hungry. It was amazing for me and all was going well, however, reaching 20 days of fasting I became very weak, I was fasting but feeling me really bad. Allah swt is really great, next day my period started, first I felt me disappointed, indeed I wanted to keep fasting. Then I remembered how I was feeling and then I undersantood the mercy of Allah swt. I want to add someting, Before I became Muslim I used to think of my muslim net friends while fasting: "poor of them, they must be having very hard time" this time, while I was fasting I was thinking: "poo of those who have never fast, they do not know the blessings one feel while fasting". I had very happy time.

Once again, Thanks all.
Jazak Allah Khairan (May Allah swt reguard you well)
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, October 31, 2007  -  6:29 AM Reply with quote
wa Alaikum us Salaam Dear sister in Islam
&
You are always MOST welcome here. Plz Feel Free for anything.

Thanks a Lot for Sharing your Wonderful Experience of Fasting with Us. Believe me it has Increased Our Eemaan quite a Lot. Ma Sha Allah wa Barakallah Laki.

This is our KIND Allah's Help that made Fasting EASY in the this Holy month of Ramadan. One can't DO it by Any Practise & it's Always a Dawnting Task to Fast other than Ramadan. In Sha Allah, God will Help you in keeping your LOST fasts.BUT 1st Recover from your Illness & keep them with as much EASE as it could be Possible.

God Bless You All.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker