Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Thursday, September 6, 2007  -  1:35 PM Reply with quote
Some Queries Regarding Ramdan

Assalam o Alaikum,

Sorry for posting on a women's forum :) I was thinking to write an email to the moderator ( Madam Hena ) but unfortunately lost her email address, thats why posting here.

I have 2 queries and I am posting these question on behalf of someone else.

1. What is the rule for fasting for pregnant women. I mean is there any difference? Are they allowed to skip fasts?

2. What about breastfeeding mothers, specially to a child of almost a month old? Is there any difference for her?

Madam Hena, Can you please send me your email address at atifrafi@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, September 7, 2007  -  6:14 AM Reply with quote
wa Alikum us Salaam

In the BOTH cases, mentioned above, women have the choice to Skip some or All fasts in Ramadan & then have them after Ramadan when it's Possible for them.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 8, 2007  -  5:44 AM Reply with quote
w'assalam A
strange-over all these years i took you as br. atif unless you are asking for some1
hope hafiz sb's reply satisfied your Q. more or less the same rules apply as in medicine. if the body is accepting the fasting condition without any harm to mother and baby-also depends on the gae of pregnancy/or baby. only yesterday after fri prayer a lady asked me smilar in the masjid. she is only 7 weeks pregnant when many ladies can have vomiting and sickness problem. in such a state its better to skip as is difficult to eat and retain at sehar time.

(my email add is available on team page)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker