Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, August 6, 2007  -  8:26 AM Reply with quote
Confusion about a name

Assalam - o - Alaikum all,

I have a little confusion and may be this is not the right forum to discuss but this is the best option I have so posting my question and hoping that I'll get some suggestions.

Someone has told me that "Aliza" was a name of one of the daughter of Hazrat Ali (RA). I just wanted to confirm that, is it really so? Can someone please tell me the meaning of this name.

Thanks in advance
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 6, 2007  -  10:56 AM Reply with quote
w salaam

Well, I've found the same information in an internet search but I'm NOT sure How authentic this is?
http://www.muslim-names.co.uk/index.php?section=13
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 6, 2007  -  11:12 AM Reply with quote
Respected Sir,

Thanks a lot for the information. Sir, my reason to post this question here is to confirm this. I am also doing some search on net and found some sites where it is mentioned that Aliza is a name of a daughter of Hazrat Ali (RA) but at the same time some sites do not says so, just for an example please check

http://muslim-canada.org/hadratali.htm

check for the "Wives and children of Hadrat Ali "

Is there any way through which I can confirm that. Reason being so curious, ALLAH blessed my with a baby girl and my family likes this name, Aliza, but I am not sure that its the name of a daughter of Hazrat Ali or not.

Kindly help !

Thanks and Best Regards
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 7, 2007  -  6:09 AM Reply with quote
WoW that's a Great News. Buhut Buhut Mubarak ho Janab

Since Yesterday I've done Quite abit Research & now I'm more than Satisfied that Above stated CLAIM is NOT correct. In fact, It's not Even an Arabic word or Name.
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 7, 2007  -  7:57 AM Reply with quote
Thank you sir for your time and effort. One of my friend told me that the word means "daughter of Ali" or "just like Ali", and as per my understanding origin of this word is Hebrew. Can you please comment on it.

Kind Regards
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, August 8, 2007  -  5:49 AM Reply with quote
well, I'm NOT an Expert in this Regard & I Do NOT know waht's the Source of your Friend.
According to Sir Shehzad Saleem, It looks a Persion type word. Nevertheless If I wud Get some information about it, I'll let U know. In the Mean time If U like this Name U may Give it to ur Sweet Baby, But Not w Intention that It's Hazrat Ali's Daughter's Name.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker