Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, June 17, 2007  -  8:32 AM Reply with quote
The unique unparalleled prayer (Namaz)

Every awakened mind will surely confess that it is not possible for any mortal to understand the great heavenly personality which enacted the absolute submission to the Lord, which he displayed on the field of Karbala. Having lost every one of his faithful comrades including his baby son, himself fully wounded from head, to toe with arrows struck in his holy body with his blood flowing from the wounds, his clothes drenched with blood, and that of his comrades, his kith and kin whose dead bodies he removed from the field of the massacre to a tent in his camp to spare them from being trampled under the hoofs of the cavalry of the heartless enemy, hungry with choking thirst for the last three days, Hussain was seen seated on his horse the ‘Zul Jinah’, looking every now and then towards Heaven with prayers for the acceptance of his sacrifices. In the midst of the indescribable miseries, sorrow and grief, and under the indefinable agony of the worst torturous and the most painful death, the Holy Imam ever remained mindful of the Lord and his submission to Him with the desire not to leave the world defaulting not even a single one of the prayers (Namaz) prescribed by him for man in this world. Imam Hussain returned his sword back into the sheath so that he could prepare for Asr prayers.

“YAA AYYATUHAN NAFSUL MUTMAINNAH, IRJI’II ILAA RABBIKI RADHIYATAN
MARDHIYYAH, FADKHULII FII IBAADII WADKHULII JANNATII.”

“O soul that is at rest satisfied. Return to your Lord well-pleased (with Him), well pleasing (Him). So, enter among My servants, and enter into my Paradise.” (Al-Fajr 89:27-30)

His condition was such that Hussain now could not of his own efforts get down from the horse. Hussain hinted to his horse (which was presented to him by his Grandfather) saying: “Will you my dear ‘Zul Jinah’ kneel down a little to enable me to roll myself down to the ground?” The faithful animal which was itself hungry, thirsty and wounded, spread its legs in such a way that the Godly soul, one of the most brilliant stars of the heaven of divinity, slid himself down. Now lying with his bleeding wounds on the flaming sand of the burning desert, Imam Hussain, desirous of offering his prayers and engaged in his last prayer (Namaz) on earth, resting his wounded forehead on a heap of the burning sand. Thus ultimately the wounded Holy Imam (pbuh) lay in communion with the Lord. When ‘Umar son of Saad’ saw this he ordered his army to attack him in force. Some of them threw stones, while some attacked him with swords and others with arrows. Imam Hussain was very badly wounded; he was bleeding from head to toe, and the sacred blood of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Imam Ali (pbuh) and Fatima (pbuh) was flowing on the earth. Even in the last moments when that accursed wretch approached him to sever his sacred head, he says, “When I approached Imam Hussain son of Imam Ali & my eyes fell on him, the light & burnish of his face so gripped me that I forgot my intention to kill him. The light of his face and its awe-inspiring beauty so gripped me that I was distracted from the thought of killing him.” Several men one after another, were deputed by the Commander of the enemy forces to cut off the head of the Holy Imam, but every one that came near the Holy one lying on the burning sand, found
his lips moving and heard to say: “O All-Merciful Lord of the Universe accepts the humble sacrifice of Hussain.” And at the end of the prayers it was heard: “O Lord! O Lord! Being repeated several times.” Hearing these last prayers of Imam Hussain, none dared to cut off his holy head, even on an offer of thousands of Gold coins with promises of highly tempting rewards, but Shimr, the stone-hearted brute committed the heinous crime. In those days they used to train Arabic horses for the battlefield, such a horse would show a particular reaction when its master was killed. The members of Imam Hussain’s household were in the tents waiting for the Imam, that he might return to them once again and they might see his angelic visage once again. Suddenly they heard the sound of the neighing of the Imam’s horse ‘Zul Jinah’. They rushed to the tent’s door
imagining that the Imam had come. But they saw the horse without its rider with its saddle overturned. It was then that the children and the women raised the cries of Wa Husaynah! and Wa Muhammada! They surrounded the horse and each of them began to mourn for him. Mourning is part of human nature. Zainab ran to Imam Zainul Abideen (pbuh), & told him what had just happened. They stood silently, tears rolling down their cheeks. A strong gust of wind blew on the desert. They felt as if nature itself was crying with them. The silence was only broken by the beating of drums from the enemy camp.
They were celebrating their victory. It was indeed a hollow victory, won by a well fed huge army of more than thirty thousand (30,000), fighting against an army of seventy two (72) brave warriors, who died hungry and thirsty.

Note: It is worth knowing that Yazid ruled the Islamic world for three (3) years only. His main achievements of crimes during these three years were. The first year he Martyred Imam Hussain (pbuh), the Grandson of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). The second year he invaded Madina the capital of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and permitted his solders to kill, steal and rape all the women and children in Madina for three days after killing all his oppositions. The third year he invaded Makkah and ruined the Kaaba using ballista.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, June 17, 2007  -  9:58 AM Reply with quote
A very graphic account narrated very well. Can I ask if you are a shia't?
I have always wanted to know; as I understand the circumstances the acircumstances leading to the battle and the martydom of hazrat Hussain pbuh is an extremely traggic aspect of Islamic history.

Having said that as a muslim we believ that the true life is the eternal life after death. The Qur'an itself says that

[So, remember Me and be grateful to Me in the face of all the difficulties in treading this path.] Believers, take strength from perseverance and Sala'h [against the aggressions of these rejecters[30]]. Indeed, God is with those, who remain steadfast [in times of trouble][31]. And for those, who are killed in the way of God [in such encounters], do not call them 'dead'. They are, in fact, alive[32], but you do not understand [the reality of that life[33]]. We shall indeed test you [in this path, for your faith and sincerity][34] with some[35] fear[36], some hunger[37] and some loss of wealth, life[38] and of fruits[39]. And [Prophet,] give glad tidings [of great blessings in this world as well as the Hereafter] to those, who are steadfast [in these tests]. [They are those,] who, when a calamity afflicts them, say: "Indeed we belong to God and indeed [one day,] we shall return to Him"[40]. It is they, upon whom shall be great blessings and mercy from their Lord and it is they, who shall be guided [to His paths]. (153 - 157)al-baqrah

My query is that how do shiat's explain the rituals of muharram, as undertaken in shiat countries. Why do we try to self beat ourselves? the Qur'an says from God we came and to God we have to return.
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 17, 2007  -  1:58 PM Reply with quote
Thanx brother waseem.
quote:

Why do we try to self beat ourselves?

Those who beat themselves, they are actually ignorant Shias like some ignorant Muslims who make the suicide bombing lawful. Remember, even a Shia scholar, who knows the concept of Islam, does not allow self beating ourselves.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker