Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, June 16, 2007  -  6:17 PM Reply with quote
hills of safaa and marvah 2:158

[As in the case of the Ka`bah, the Israelites have also tried to conceal the position of other Abrahamic symbols.] Indeed [going around] Safaa and Marwah are also among the symbols set by God. Therefore, those who undertake Hajj of the Bayet Allah or Umrah, there is no blame on them for going around the two [hills. In fact, it is an act of piety] and whoever does a pious deed of his own accord, God is indeed accepting, fully aware. (158)

Safaa and Marwah are the names of two hills near the Ka`bah, between which Sa`iy is performed during Hajj and Umrah. Marwah was the real location at which Abraham offered the sacrifice of his son. Due to this significance of the place, the Israelites had removed all reference to it from their scriptures and continually tried to undermine and raise questions about their significance in the religious traditions of the Arabs as well. (for details, see Hameeduddin Farahi's- "Al-Ra'y al-Sahih fi Mun Huwa Al-Zabeeh").

Islahi states in Tadabur ul Qur'an that Safaa and marvah are symbolic. Normally it is stated by the historian that between these hills Hajrah pbuh, ran in search of water for Ismael pbuh. However Farahi is of the opinion that these hills are the actual place where the actual sacrifice ,or the intended sacrifice of Ishamel took place.

I would be grateful for the views of my collegues on above. If Marvah was the location of scarifice then why do we run 7 times between them
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, June 16, 2007  -  9:57 PM Reply with quote
A further related question. After reading the translation of the above verses, it seems to me That the sai'ey is not an essential part of umrah and Hajj.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker