<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 5, 2007  -  11:58 AM Reply with quote
Well this reason is certainly not convincing as it further raises a question why are other muslims accountable when a muslim is converting to other faith and why are they not accountable when a non-muslim remains non-muslim?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 5, 2007  -  12:17 PM Reply with quote
We are accountable for our family only and not for others muslims and nonmuslims.Please see the hadith of bukhari quoted by maudoodi sahib in previous page.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 5, 2007  -  12:24 PM Reply with quote
Bhai Jaan, you didn't understand the question.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 5, 2007  -  2:28 PM Reply with quote
Wrong question can not have the satisfactory answer.Please ponder on your question.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 7, 2007  -  8:31 AM Reply with quote
OK. pondering....
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, June 7, 2007  -  10:37 AM Reply with quote
quote:

So we must do our every effort to stop our 21 old son from changing his faith to another religion and not let him be the fuel of hell just in the name of religious freedom.This is what happened with some people who used to study the books on wordily things for fulfilling their intellectual needs and worried to much about the freedom of this word rather than worrying to save some one from the hell fire.
very true .I must appreciate .

To STOP someone doing so may have different dimensions.
One can try to make this''21yr old son''understand through preaching,logical discussion,refuting confusions etc. nothing wrong till now..Quran says so.

The real problem begins only when we try to find out--what if he/she doesnt agree verbally?
will someone use force?Is it possible to change someone's thought or faith through force?
I dont think so.

Dont you think' stoping by force 'make this person a hypocrite,worse than a rejecter.

plz help me to understand it more clear.
wassalam
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, June 7, 2007  -  10:56 AM Reply with quote
religion is between an individual and God.What is the value of forcing someone to pretend to be a muslim when he does not want to be. We have the examples in Qur'an of Hazrat Nooh's son, Hazrat Ibrahim's father, Hazrat Lut's wife and prophet PBUH's uncle ABu Talib. If someone's heart and mind are closed they will not appreciate the truth even revelaed by a prophet or messenger of God. let alone a scholar or ordinary person.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 7, 2007  -  12:15 PM Reply with quote
Forcing may not worked even in the case of the son,but I think we still can try it in the case of our family members and for that there could be many ways.We don’t know they might works.But most importantly what are the duties of a muslim towards his family he must comply on that.This is the area where most of us does not care much even those who are him self following the religion to a good extend.We need to educate our self the responsibilities deen ask us to carry out in this regards.If we have done all ours responsibilities and still our son or any other our family member wish to change the religion,so we would not be caught on that by Allah Subhanhu Watallah.

Some of us migrated to others develop countries just to have a good standard life there,resulting their children who grew up there find a different atmosfire which is certainly create problems for them as well.The laws are different there and they can not have good control over their children as compare to their home land.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 7, 2007  -  2:16 PM Reply with quote
Forcing may not worked even in the case of the son,but I think we still can try it in the case of our family members and for that there could be many ways.We don’t know they might works.

Reply: I agree, coercion is neither a useful strategy in such a case, nor is it desirable according to our religion.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker