Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  7:05 AM Reply with quote
Quran translation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/urdu/india/story/2007/03/070309_ravinder_quran_poetry.shtml

I invite participants views on the above story.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  9:55 AM Reply with quote
The big day is not very far, I guess.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, March 10, 2007  -  1:45 PM Reply with quote
why?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 12, 2007  -  6:05 AM Reply with quote
This fellow is trying to change the style of Quran and trying to wrote it in (Kaweeta) style.First thing is that the the orignal style of Quran is like a speach one choosen by God Himself.By this Kaweeta style I feel that is a disrespect of Quran and coming up with a new style I am affraid that he is going to sacrifice from the orinal messeage and meanings.

I felt that as no one is allowed to change its meaning of Quran in his translation so no one is also not allowed to change its style as well.

If any one wish to do some good for the people,there are many others way to do it.If we don't condemn him now tomorrow some one will come with a another new idea.

This book is for the Hidayat for human and not for any other purpose.It will be a miss use of our Holy book.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, March 12, 2007  -  8:36 AM Reply with quote
quote:

This fellow is trying to change the style of Quran and trying to wrote it in (Kaweeta) style..

what he wants to do is very clearly stated in his interview:
اسی طرح میری یہ کوشش ہے کہ سارے ترجمہ کی بنیاد پر لکھی گئی نظم کو ایک کتاب کی شکل دی جائے اور ساتھ ہی اس کا آڈیو بھی تیار کیا جائے۔ آڈیو میں پہلے قرآن قرات کے ساتھ پڑھا جائے گا اور اس کے ساتھ نظمیں ہوں گی۔
Converting translation into poetry is not new.if it is wrong then what ll you say about Allama Iqbal.we are talking about the principle not personalities.

quote:

First thing is that the orignal style of Quran is like a speach one choosen by God Himself..

He is not going to change the style of quran as stated ,his poetic translation will follow the original ayats of quran in Arabic.

quote:

By this Kaweeta style I feel that is a disrespect of Quran and coming up with a new style I am affraid that he is going to sacrifice from the orinal messeage and meanings...

You may be suspicious but cant confirm without seeing his translation.

quote:

I felt that as no one is allowed to change its meaning of Quran in his translation so no one is also not allowed to change its style as well...

'Allowed 'is very strong word which requires an authority over the rest.
people have their translations and exegesis different from others due their understanding.It gives us the options to choose the best one.
All we can do is to see what wrong his translated nazm have before responding.

quote:

If any one wish to do some good for the people,there are many others way to do it.If we don't condemn him now tomorrow some one will come with a another new idea....

My only concern is that how can we condemn someone in advance without seeing anything wrong in his work.The intentions are only known to Allah.and if we judge someone on the intentions then will it not be wrong.

quote:

This book is for the Hidayat for human and not for any other purpose.It will be a miss use of our Holy book.

If this is for hidayat then let it be within the reach of every human being to read.listen and understand.we shouldnt restrict anyone.Ours duty was to convey the message to the rest of mankind which we dont and if someone tries to understand ,we respond as if we are given the copyright of the book.
All we can do is to study his works critically and suggest if he goes wrong.

I will change your words to say the same ,this is Book of hidayat not only for muslims but hindus,sikhs,jews,christians,athiests and the rest.
Islam is for all,its God Allah is Rabbul alameen,Prophet(pbuh)is mercy to all nations and the Book is guidance for all mankind because it speaks to mankind very often(ya aiyohannas)
4:1 O mankind! reverence your Guardian-Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women;- reverence Allah, through whom ye demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (That bore you): for Allah ever watches over you.
49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, March 12, 2007  -  11:03 AM Reply with quote
quote:

ہاں۔۔۔ یہ بڑا کام میں نے شروع کیا ہے اور ہر روز شام کو میں قرآن کی آیتوں کو ترجمے کے ساتھ سنتا ہوں۔ اب تک انیس سپارے ہوچکے ہیں اور گیارہ بچے ہیں۔

In the above quote Ravindra Jain the famous lyricist of Bollywood claims that he listens to the translation the Qur'an every evening.

From this one can guess that the outcome of his effort to bring out a meldious urdu translation of the Qur'an will depend mainly on whether he has been listening to the right translation from an Islamic scholar.

It has also not been disclosed whether he is depending on audio recordings of some existing translation or that he has some scholar verbally and physically assisting him in this task.

If any of our form members has any access to such details s/he should consider it a privilage and act immediately to inform us.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker