Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aquaris

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Sunday, March 4, 2007  -  11:35 AM Reply with quote
Real role of women...??

Role of the women is the most discussed Topic all around.

while , disscussing this issue somewhere else, a seemingly pretty knowledgeable person said. that during Umer (RA)'s ERA, there were women overseers of Bazar, he infact named a few,.unfortunatley I have forgotten the names, as it was face to face discussion.

Now I am curious , is it true, that there were women overseers or managers of Bazars during the time of Umer(RA) ,and if there were, can anyone provide authentic historical references to it.

I will be very thankfull.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 6, 2007  -  8:25 AM Reply with quote
well at the Moment, I can't provide U the Req. Ref. & Hope someone will Surely DO SO.
BUT
I just want to Mention here that It Doesn't look that there wud be any WRONG information in that as Running a Business was a V Common Practice in Arab Tradition During/Just b4 the ERA of our Beloved Proph. Muhammad & I Do hope that ONE BIG NAME (of our BELOVED MOTHER Hazarat Khadijah) of Buisness Women will have COME in ur MIND straight away.
aquaris

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 6, 2007  -  3:28 PM Reply with quote
about Bibi Khadeeja(ra) , we already know that, beside, that was pre-islamic.

Also, we know about the role of a few other women like, Bibi Ayesha (ra) as a teacher,, and then as a leader, or atleast someone who had an opinion, and whose opinion counted.
these are all well known.

But my point is, that during uemer(RA) region
I have heard, maybe from Mr Javed Ahmed Ghamzi , during some tv lecture, that he opointed some women , overseers or incharge of bazars.

I just want to confirm that, and if possible, get a few references....

thank for the reply anyway.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, June 18, 2007  -  5:03 PM Reply with quote
am not aware of the exact incidence, however as a general rule in islam, such steps do not contradict the islamic teachings.
Rukia

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Tuesday, September 25, 2007  -  10:58 PM Reply with quote
Salams & Ramadan mubarak to all the moderators & members of Studying Islam.
I was reading a book Islam & Aurat (woman) in Urdu written by Dr. Farooq khan & Dr. Rizwana Khan. They had given some examples of women who used to run their own businesses in the first chapter. May be it helps in attaining some information (see the image below).

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Aurat.jpg

Thank you and Salam alaikum
shahidas

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 26, 2007  -  11:03 PM Reply with quote
Assalamoalaikum
Welcome to the forums dear sister Rukia. I have also read the book you have mentioned "Islam and Aurat". It contains various references to authentic books regarding women in all professions. I would recommend our sisters to read the book and exchange their views about it.

If anyone needs a copy please send an email to the following address
wisdominn@hotmail.com

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker