1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, March 6, 2007  -  9:37 AM Reply with quote
quote:

I am still not clear about men hitting women, though like a slap on the wrist like a child. Two issues, what good would that do.

br waseem,
plz have a look on the below link,its an opinion:
{According to some Muslim scholars, the word in verse 4:34, "idribuhunna", is derived from "daraba" which could mean "beat". In Arabic, like many other words, words that are derived from the word "daraba" do not necessarily mean "hit". The word "idribuhunna" for instance, could very well mean to "leave" them. It is exactly like telling someone to "beat it" or "drop it" in English. The word "daraba" occurs in:-
"Seest thou not how Allah sets (daraba) forth a parable? -- A goodly Word Like a goodly tree, Whose root is firmly fixed, And its branches (reach) To the heavens". Quran 14:24

Here, "daraba" means "give an example". The word "darabtum", which is also derived from the word "daraba" is found in Quran 4:94, where it means to "go abroad" for the sake of Allah Almighty.

No matter, whether 4:34 is really 100% correctly translated as "beat them" or not, I want to know whether "dharaba" can also have other meanings, such as "seperate", "go away", "leave", "give", etc.? }
http://www.altway.freeuk.com/Answers/595-Wifebeating.htm
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  4:58 AM Reply with quote
you said…….. The Quran also tells us to be kind to wives, to be merciful and forgiving. This obviously has been ignored by the critics.

quran also tells to be kind to every humen but on other hand it advises to kill the murderer, cut hands of the thief, flog the fornicator and the fornicatress and many more…………..

you said…….. We have the example of how the Quran is to be applied in the Prophet - he did not beat his wives.

but the prophet also didnot divorce any of his wife while the commdment of divorce is obvious to you…………
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  9:17 AM Reply with quote
quote:

quran also tells to be kind to every humen but on other hand it advises to kill the murderer, cut hands of the thief, flog the fornicator and the fornicatress and many more…………..

will you tell us why a killer is not kind to the killed ,a thief is not to others property and a forcinator is not kind to the society norms he lives in?
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  9:29 AM Reply with quote
prove first otherwise if yo believe.
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  9:31 AM Reply with quote
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  9:31 AM Reply with quote
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  11:26 AM Reply with quote
before replying to

quote:

you said…….. We have the example of how the Quran is to be applied in the Prophet - he did not beat his wives.

but the prophet also didnot divorce any of his wife while the commdment of divorce is obvious to you…………

why are u junping to yur saying in this quote?????????

quote:

will you tell us why a killer is not kind to the killed ,a thief is not to others property and a forcinator is not kind to the society norms he lives in?
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  11:59 AM Reply with quote
I simply love your innocence.pls do not bother to think for others.
my best wishes are for you.
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  12:15 PM Reply with quote
i.e u hv NO answer!!!!!!!
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  12:16 PM Reply with quote
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 11, 2007  -  12:16 PM Reply with quote

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker