Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Tuesday, February 20, 2007  -  4:33 AM Reply with quote
A Request form All Participants

Dear All

I am willing to leave this side for ever, as I start feeling that I am not well come here now a days.Please help me to reached on a decision.

Regards,

Edited by: usmani790 on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:36 AM
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, February 20, 2007  -  6:45 AM Reply with quote
Salam brother Usmani

It will be a great loss for us to loose your contributions bro. If you feel like this on account of anything that I have written, then I humbly apologise.

It is my opinion; sister Henna's reply to your comments in the discussion about Ghamidhi, I do not agree with.

Bro! I feel you have a lot of passion and love for Islam, or else you would not be on the discussion forum. There are only two issues that perhaps I would suggest or would do differently.

Firstly, to accept that it is a discussion forum, I present my opinion based on my reasoning. Let the readers decide what is right or wrong . I have given my dawah and tableigh. You may answer one person , but there are several silent readers who are not in that discussion who are learning or reading your views. Your audiance is not one person.

Secondly! discussion means exchanging our views, and letting others know are reasons. We should not try to change or force people to accept them.

You are my very dear brother in Islam, whether we disagree in our views , in my opinion you are good and considerate muslim brother with knowledge.

What I may disagree with is comments like giving chance for people to repent.

Brothr Raushan very rightly pointed out about disagreement of views.

No one is saying anything against the ethos of Islam that say , perform 3 namaz or keep 10 fasts or do not read the Qur'an or read a different Qur'an. We agree in essentials. We disagree in non essentials.

Always keep an open mind. Or else the purpose of discusison is lost. Whether I agree or not, reading and debating with people with different views , broadens one's horizen and provides food for thought.

You are indeed humbly asked to stay on the forum
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, February 20, 2007  -  7:47 AM Reply with quote
Very rightly said brother Waseem,

I also think that if all of us, including me, start thinking that we are not the ultimate knowers of Truth, and discuss things with the spirit that e.g. I hold this and this opinion based on these reasons/arguments and if these arguments get refuted, I should be willing to change my opinion Or atleast willing to admit that although I cannot present any further arguments but I am still feel more comfortable with my current view on things. Which would be fine with everybody. I think if such a spirit can be maintained, not only the difference of opinion will be acceptable to us, but also we ll start arguing for the better, instead of fighting for nothing!

Regards,
Salman
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, February 20, 2007  -  8:24 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear All

I am willing to leave this side for ever, as I start feeling that I am not well come here now a days.Please help me to reached on a decision.

Regards,

Edited by: usmani790 on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:36 AM

You made me sad usmani.
This is your only post I completely disagree and I am not going to give any reason for this disagreement..you mean it.

I am going to ask you something and I ll be blunt.
You follow sufism or tasawwuf ,whatever you suggest or call it,but alas..you follow it only in letters not in spirit.

The very essence of sufi culture is well wishing of others and relation with fellow human being is based simply on love and nothing else.
This love is very strong force it compells the sufi to be calm and cool even when he is abused,threatened or insulted by people.He cant leave them on their status quo just because they dont agree with him.His aim is much bigger than these petty things.

with my sincere apologies
wassalam
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, February 21, 2007  -  10:21 AM Reply with quote
AOA Brother Usmani,

Please let me know in which way you are not welcome? If you are a victim of indecent language we certainly can do something about that.

But if you think that noone is agreeing to your thoughts then think this on intellectual grounds rather than emotional grounds.

As a Muslim we have the responsibility of understanding the truth on intellectual and natural (according to fitrat) and let this process continue throughout our lives till the death. During this process if we feel content with one point of view we must not only stick to it with all sincerity but also try to present it to all regardless of their response. But you presentation must accompany the desire of welfare for others and the wisdom through which you convey your thought.

And there can also be a stage in your life when you may change your point of view Which is normal in understanding and learning process. But sticking to it and presenting it to others will always continue. I have been through this phase in my life and probably still going through it.

I hope you will understand what I am trying to say and I also hope that it makes any sense. If yes than you will change your mind, I hope or at least bring up the issues to moderators knowledge.

One thing in the last I must tell you that you won't find much of the discussion areas where you are allowed to put your thoughts as freely as you are allowed here. I am saying this based on my personal experience. I expect and hope from all other members to fully utilise this opportunity to its best and at the same time making it a place for not only other's guidance but mainly for their own.

W/salaam
Imran
Ibrahimblicksjo

SWEDEN
Posted - Wednesday, February 21, 2007  -  11:22 PM Reply with quote
Salaamu Alaikom wa Rahmatullah
May Allah SWT forgive me if I had offended anyone. This site is for me a very good opportunity to share thought and views about Islam. We are all individuals with different levels of knowledge, different mind and different feelings, but what shall unite us is the fact that we are Muslims. Our Muslim Brother or Sisterhood is something unique and something we shall all take very good care of. On this site, as on other discussionboards there is difference of oppinion. Some of us find this developing and some seems to have difficulty in accepting an opinion different than their own. Some use wisdom to prove their point and some use rudeness. Please Usmani790 do not leave this site and board. No, post more comments and views, let not those that can't use deacent language, or that can't stop offending, get the right. Let us all show what Islam is about, and what is the true meaning of respect and good manners. Allah SWT Witness all that we do, including the writing on this site. We have the right on our side. The Quran and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) have forbidden foul language, offending, slander and so on. Those who treat you and others with disrespect, calling names and so on, they are the ones commiting a sin, and may Allah guide them. Continue your presence here, reap the rewards from Allah, and share your thoughts and ideas with us all.

Respectfully
Ibrahim
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, February 22, 2007  -  1:59 AM Reply with quote
Brother Usmani,

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmathullahi Wa Barakaatuhu.

quote:

usmani790 on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:36 AM
.....I start feeling that I am not well come here now a days............
Now this is a grave charge you have made without any proof on the site administrators/moderators and on your fellow members

And the burden of proving the charge also rests on you.

quote:

Please help me to reached on a decision.

I will not be able to help you in taking a decision unless you prove with specific quotes as to who/what makes you feel that you are not welcome here.

If I have offended you in any way please speak out.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, February 22, 2007  -  7:24 AM Reply with quote
Excellent post from brother Ibrahim.

Brother Usmani, what makes the discussion forum interesting is that we have difference of opinion, within reason and with mutual respect , I may add. If we all agreed then what is the fun. As brother Ibrahim said, what brings us together is being Muslims.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, February 24, 2007  -  11:14 AM Reply with quote
Dear All

I really appreciate the participants who have spare their valuable time just for me and given me some very valuable advises I owe a lot from all of you.

I will like to share the actual reason which heart me so badly when some senior participants become angry on me due to my reply to sister Hina.I felt that people are not supporting to haq rather become angry on me.I may also has given some stupid reply to them and this was the time I decided to leave this site.

Regarding the concept of Sunnah which I am not agree with this website,I have already said enough in the course forum.I did not wish to keep this issue alive but when it use to comes again in the forums,I can not stop my self to keep quite on it.

Brother Waseem said

No one is saying anything against the ethos of Islam that say , perform 3 namaz or keep 10 fasts or do not read the Qur'an or read a different Qur'an. We agree in essentials. We disagree in non essentials.

Believing that an authentic hadith can not add any thing to Quran is against the ethos of Islam.You can disagree with me on that.

As far as I understand the religion,one can not understand the true sprit of religion through one’s intellect rather with true desire which comes from the one’s heard.The fellow who have true sprit only guided towards following of deen.This we sees every day in our daily life.I have seen some people here they may not any good knowledge of the deen nither they follow any shaikh of Tasawwuf but when I see them found them always reciting some zikr very slowy which one can not heard.Zulfiqar sahib one the leading shaikh of the current time once said “There will be no regret in the Jinnah but time we had spend in this world without doing worship to our lord”.

At last I will say that it was one of blessed day of my life from my Lord when I was searching through some Islamic literature and I find this site on my PC.How much I have benefited through this site, I can not express in words.

May Allah give the reward to the people whom in any capacity giving their time,money to maintain this site.I have decided to stay back and continue my learning process through this site.

Jazak Allah khairen
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, February 25, 2007  -  7:03 PM Reply with quote
Brother Usmani Salam

In your opinion , what is the minimum a muslim needs to do , to be accepted as amuslim and show that he has fulfilled the criteria of being a muslim
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, February 26, 2007  -  3:25 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Dear All..................
Zulfiqar sahib one the leading shaikh of the current time once said “There will be no regret in the Jinnah but time we had spend in this world without doing worship to our lord”.........
Jazak Allah khairen

I dont know which Zulfiqar sahib you are refering to.

By Jinnah I suppose you mean the Qaid-Azam, Mohammed Ali Jinnah of Pakistan.

The sentence inside the inverted comas is also ambiguous.

I request you to explain this part of the post in simple English.

May Allah reward you for this.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 26, 2007  -  6:02 AM Reply with quote
Quote: As far as I understand the religion,one can not understand the true sprit of religion through one’s intellect rather with true desire which comes from the one’s heard.

Reply: Dear Mr. Usmani, Although I have disagreed with you at times, I am often also impressed at your committment towards what you believe to be correct. Regardless of what you believe in, such committment is definitely praiseworthy.

Having said that, it is also important to see, and please I am not being rude here, why are you discussing things on these forums when you sincerely feel that it is impossible to understand religion through intellect?

You have also expressed, in one of the forums that religious discussion (on TV) cannot result in a positive outcome. So why have this discussion on internet?

Honestly, if I were in your shoes i.e. I believed that religion is not be understood with intellect and arguments, and the desire alone is enough, I would have just explained my point of view in the best possible manner and stopped without arguing further.

I ll appreciate if you resolved this confusion. I am happy that you have decided to stay.

Regards,
Salman
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 26, 2007  -  7:58 AM Reply with quote
Brother Waseem,

There is a link bellow to a small book of Maulana Maudoodi sahib,I hope It will answer your question.It is in urdu.

http://millat.com/modoodi/002diniyat/book.htm
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, February 26, 2007  -  8:21 AM Reply with quote
I am trying to recollect a piece of wisdom which for me, become the basis of understanding things ,

There came a person to haji Imdadullah mhajar makki sahb to ask something.The person put question after question before the learned man.After some time,finally he satisfied and while leaving said 'I should have agreed with you in the beginning itself rather asking and indulging in the long discussion'.The wise sufi,haji sahb replied,then that would be a shirk-e-nabi because it is only Nabi [pbuh]with whom one must be agree without asking any question.[malfoozat]

usmani,
will you help me to verify the above event.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 26, 2007  -  11:32 AM Reply with quote
Dear Salman

Quote:-why are you discussing things on these forums when you sincerely feel that it is impossible to understand religion through intellect?

Brother I am not denying the importance of getting the knowledge of the religion by using once intellect and through discussions.What I am saying is the true sprit of the religion by which one also admire the religion and which help us in the following the knowledge we got through our efforts.

Prophet(pbuh) has said achieving the knowledge of the religion is fard on every Muslim man and woman.

Just aquiring the knowledge has no benefit unless we also try to follow it.How much we follow is only through our desire. On the other hand If we assume that the intellect is only the criteria through which we got the deeper knowledge and one who have the more knowledge he is more successful in the hereafter.Then it will unfair for those who have the less intellect given by God. Intellect is not equally distributed to the people.The true desire for following of the religion is not provided more or less to the people from our lord unlike the intellect.It is just left on ones own self regardless of his intellectual level that how far he wish to go.

When it is said that every person will be judged through how mush he knows and on how much he has followed, its look a fair way.
salmant

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 26, 2007  -  11:46 AM Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,
Salman

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker