Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Thursday, February 15, 2007  -  3:07 PM Reply with quote
Muslim Men talking about "Women in Islam"

Fifteen Tips for Muslim Men talking about "Women in Islam"
Guidance for Muslim men on how to deal effectively with the stereotypes and misperceptions about women in Islam.

1. Let the sisters speak
No matter how well-spoken, eloquent or intelligent a brother is, the bottom line is this: he is not a Muslim woman.

2. Be careful of mixing up the ideal with the reality

3. Don’t sacrifice speaking out against injustice in the name of protecting Islam’s "image"

4. Don’t respond to unspoken accusations

A number of times, Muslims automatically start an apologetic tirade defending the status of women in Islam before a person has even said a word. Let the other person initiate questions, and answer calmly and confidently. You may be responding to an accusation that was never even in the person’s mind in the first place.

5. Ask WHY

6. Agree with people as much as possible

Start off agreeing with a person. It will completely turn the tables on the discussion, as many people begin discussions on women in Islam assuming Muslims are completely against the notion of women’s rights.

7. If you don’t know something SAY SO

If a person tells you they’re from X country you’ve never heard of and Muslim women are treated in a horrible fashion what can you say about it?

I have never heard of that, and I don’t know are simple enough. Don’t start apologizing, or denying that it happens. Tell the truth.

http://www.islamfortoday.com/15tips.htm

Edited by: raushan on Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:11 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 16, 2007  -  5:39 PM Reply with quote
thnx raushan i like the 1st tip

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker