Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, April 10, 2007  -  5:36 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Ulta chor kothwaal ko dante?

If the so called kotwal is dishonest, everyone should condemn him/her.

Edited by: uhmelas on Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:56 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 10, 2007  -  9:00 PM Reply with quote
welcome uhmelas to the SI forums

contd:

in another,i would say less harmful version of tasawwuf, some people promote Allah's names recitation with various activities e.g. you may have seen Allah's names carved on trees in a park in garden town lhr where people come for jogging, exercise etc at dawn n dusk; its recommended that instead of counting numbers one must recite Allah's names e.g. ya salamo with deep breathing etc. this is a kind of zikr/dhikr and does not seem to be harmful; however when such activities cross limits, you will find them in the form of reciting names and verses on seeds, etc thousands of times--the precious time which should have been spent on pondering in the Message from Allah, the Qur'an and the prophet's sws teachings--wasted in such baseless and innovative activities.

these ought to be condemned and the public guided to utilize time more constructively in education & practice.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 11, 2007  -  6:20 PM Reply with quote
also some scholars do not fully condemned tasawwuf; they opine that we must take 'n respect the positive aspect of it for e.g. pray with your heart as well rather than just the body--as we tend to become too formal sometimes with just the body actions. but then the prophet sws's teachings clearly tell us to pray with ihs'an i.e. as ifyou are watching God; if not then atleast that he is watching you.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 12, 2007  -  1:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

also some scholars do not fully condemned tasawwuf; they opine that we must take 'n respect the positive aspect of it for e.g. pray with your heart as well rather than just the body--as we tend to become too formal sometimes with just the body actions. but then the prophet sws's teachings clearly tell us to pray with ihs'an i.e. as ifyou are watching God; if not then atleast that he is watching you.
Just as the Kuffar having some good Akhlaq do not desere to be enumerated as Muslims, Sufism cannot be branded as a part of Islam even though some of the akhlaq of the Sufis confirm to the Sunnah.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, April 12, 2007  -  10:16 AM Reply with quote
Thanks sister for your acknowledgement no matter how small it is.

Jazak Allah Kairen
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, April 12, 2007  -  10:21 AM Reply with quote
Brother Abusait

Bhai kabhee Shub Shub Bhee Bloa Karein.

Regards,
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Friday, April 13, 2007  -  5:27 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Just as the Kuffar having some good Akhlaq do not desere to be enumerated as Muslims, Sufism cannot be branded as a part of Islam even though some of the akhlaq of the Sufis confirm to the Sunnah.

[2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

[5.69] Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 13, 2007  -  7:45 PM Reply with quote
Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning.
(Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #19)

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.
(Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #85)

This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a Religion(Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #3)

Therefore (for) whomsoever Allah intends that He would guide him aright, He expands his breast for Islam, and (for) whomsoever He intends that He should cause him to err, He makes his breast strait and narrow as though he were ascending upwards; thus does Allah lay uncleanness on those who do not believe.
(Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #125)

Surely this Islam is your religion, one religion (only), and I am your Lord, therefore serve Me.
(Al-Anbiya, Chapter #21, Verse #92)
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, April 14, 2007  -  12:57 PM Reply with quote
You can understand only if try to know theme and context of the verses and the Sura.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, April 16, 2007  -  7:20 AM Reply with quote
The verses I have quoted are self explainatry.Even if these verses would be checked with the context,it will be carrying the samne massage.

The verses you have quoted, have to be checked with the context as well,then only one can udersatnd the true massage.
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, April 17, 2007  -  5:03 PM Reply with quote
The Qura’nic verses, 2:62 and 5:69 are also self explanatory, very simple and easy to understand.

Do you understand that Allah is only for Muslims?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, April 18, 2007  -  7:33 AM Reply with quote
No I never undersatnd that,Allah is for every one.I undersatnd after reading the hole Quran that Allah wants every to be Muslim(the true muslim as defind in Quran and Sunnah).Being the true muslim one only can served Allah the best as required by Him.Please see the following.

Explanation of this verse by Molana Maudoodi.

2:62) Rest assured that whosoever from among the Muslims or the Jews or the Christians or the Sabaeans believes in Allah and the Last Day, and performs good deeds, he will have his reward with his Lord and he will have no cause for fear and grief.

The context of the verse makes it clear that it is not attempting to enumerate in detail all the articles of faith in which one should believe, or all the principles of conduct which one should follow in order to merit reward from God. These matters are mentioned elsewhere, in their appropriate places. The aim of the verse is merely to repudiate the illusion cherished by the Jews that, by virtue of their being Jews, they have a monopoly of salvation. They had long entertained the notion that a special and exclusive relationship existed between them and God. They thought, therefore, that all who belonged to their group were predestined to salvation regardless of their beliefs and actions,. whereas all non-Jews were predestined to serve as fodder for hell-fire.

To clarify this misgiving the Jews are told that what really matters in the sight of God is true faith and good deeds rather than formal affiliation with a certain religious community. Whoever has true faith and good deeds to his credit is bound to receive his reward, since God will judge people on the basis of merit rather than on the grounds that a man's name happens to be listed in the world as a member of one religious community or the other.

Regards,
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 18, 2007  -  3:56 PM Reply with quote
AOA

quote:

[2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Excellent also the crucial point here is:whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good.

It is important o remember the Quran states that it is reconfirmation of what God HAD ALREADY revealed previosouly & messanger is sent to each people.
Humans have been around a long time, and relatively speaking, since the Quran was revealed it is only a very short time in human history. Would God have left so many people over such a long time with an incomplete message or guidance? the answer surely has to be no!

In light of the above consider the Qurans declration that there is no compulsion in religion.

quote:

This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a Religion(Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #3)

I think you need to understand the word ISLAM before laying claim to its exclusive ownership consistent with your own beliefs.

AND NO ALLAH IS NOT ONLY FOR MUSLIMS (the generally accepted version today) BUT THOSE WHO TRULY BELIEVE IN HIM (regardless of what label they are given or choose)

regards
Dalmir

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, April 18, 2007  -  7:29 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Excellent also the crucial point here is:whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good.

How you define good deeds?
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, April 18, 2007  -  11:37 PM Reply with quote
quote:

How you define good deeds?

Boy you sure have some serious issues!

Here are very basic examples see if we can get there:
(1) Giving to charity without wanting to appear kind or generous-good deed....agreed?

(2) Stealing from a poor old lady....not a good deed.

I am sure most on this site will be able to give you million more examples..enough for starters.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, April 19, 2007  -  7:22 AM Reply with quote
Dear prev.1,

Your understanding of religion does not match from the Quran.You can not interprate a verse without looking into the context of that verse and overall message Quran gives.Like this you will only mislead yours self and others.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next page >>
Page 15 of 29

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker