Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, January 17, 2007  -  1:05 PM Reply with quote
belief in angels

I would like to ask my learned participants that as muslims we must have faith in Allah, Divine scriptures, Prophets, Day of Judgement and angels.

Whilst the rationale for the first four is clear, Why is it important for a muslim to believe in angels?
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, January 18, 2007  -  3:54 PM Reply with quote
I have faced the same question for a very long period of time and now have come up with one justification for that.

Allah has informed us about Angels as one of the resources through which he puts his plans into action in this world. This is the only introduction (as far as i know) Allah has given us of angels (apart from doing tasbeeh). Now if we look at the history of religions and the efforts done by hums to make a religion on their own (like tasawaf) they have not only assigned these responsiblities to humans but also have categorised humans in terms of that. So believing in angels stops us from being into that zalalat which a human can easily fall into and establish the proper relationship of being obediencience and taqwa.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 23, 2007  -  6:23 AM Reply with quote
Quote:-(like tasawaf) they have not only assigned these responsiblities to humans but also have categorised humans in terms of that.

Tasawaf never assigned angle's job to humans nor categorised humans in terms of that.If you think they did,please give us few examples.

Thanks
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 23, 2007  -  8:22 AM Reply with quote
Islam tells us that the angels are the source through which Allah has given his guidance/scriptures to his messengers. It means that they act as a link between humans and GOD as far as guidance/wahee is concerned.

But tasawaff has its own meaning/sources of guidance from GOD (like kashf etc) which they achieve after establishing their relation according to their beliefs (most perdominently Wahdat-ul-wajood) making them independent of any source. And then based on their relation, the next step is categorisation like in Islam we do (although the criteria is different).

SO what I meant was that the sources plus the means of guidance in tasawaff are not same as that of Islam. Also regarding prophets they categorise the guidance from GOD in two broad categories ; one obtained by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH through angels which is just to obtain Jannah and goodness of the people and the second one which is knowing the realities of the actual reality. Now the second concept raises many questions: like what’s the source, the criteria on which the guidance is obtained etc . which eventually leads to the categorisation on some self-made criteria developed for this purpose.

SO by having beliefs of Angels we are basically rejecting all the other ways of guidance from GOD (except for some signals in shape of good dreams which are of personal nature).
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, January 23, 2007  -  3:03 PM Reply with quote
quote:

It means that they act as a link between humans and GOD as far as guidance/wahee is concerned.

I quote here the translation of meanings of a few verses from the Qur'an
in which you will find the answers to the question posed by Waseem.

But Allâh bears witness to that which He has sent down (the Qur'ân) unto you (O Muhammad SAW), He has sent it down with His Knowledge, and the angels bear witness. And Allâh is All-Sufficient as a Witness. (An-Nisa 4:166)

Remember) when you (Muhammad SAW) said to the believers, "Is it not enough for you that your Lord (Allâh) should help you with three thousand angels; sent down?" (Aali Imran 3:124)

"Yes, if you hold on to patience and piety, and the enemy comes rushing at you; your Lord will help you with five thousand angels having marks (of distinction)." (Aali Imran 3:125)

He is the Irresistible, Supreme over His slaves, and He sends guardians (angels guarding and writing all of one's good and bad deeds) over you, until when death approaches one of you, Our Messengers (angel of death and his assistants) take his soul, and they never neglect their duty. (Al-An'am 6:61)

(Remember) when you sought help of your Lord and He answered you (saying): "I will help you with a thousand of the angels each behind the other (following one another) in succession." (Al-Anfal 8:9)

And if you could see when the angels take away the souls of those who disbelieve (at death), they smite their faces and their backs, (saying): "Taste the punishment of the blazing Fire." (Al-Anfal 8:50)

Then Allâh did send down His Sakînah (calmness, tranquillity and reassurance, etc.) on the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and on the believers, and sent down forces (angels) which you saw not, and punished the disbelievers. Such is the recompense of disbelievers. (At-Tawbah 9:26)

He sends down the angels with inspiration of His Command to whom of His slaves He pleases (saying): "Warn mankind that Lâ ilâha illa Ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I), so fear Me (by abstaining from sins and evil deeds). (An-Nahl 16:2)

"Those whose lives the angels take while they are doing wrong to themselves (by disbelief and by associating partners in worship with Allâh and by committing all kinds of crimes and evil deeds)." Then, they will make (false) submission (saying): "We used not to do any evil." (The angels will reply): "Yes! Truly, Allâh is All-Knower of what you used to do. (An-Nahl 16:28)

Those whose lives the angels take while they are in a pious state (i.e. pure from all evil, and worshipping none but Allâh Alone) saying (to them): Salâmun 'Alaikum (peace be on you) enter you Paradise, because of (the good) which you used to do (in the world)."(An-Nahl 16:32)
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  7:37 AM Reply with quote
Brother Imran

I have open a new forum for Tasawwuf,I hope your self will spare some time to read it.I am a student of Tasawwuf since many years and no daubt I have benefited a lot from it.This is the main reason I have deided to shere it with the friends here.

May Allah give us knowledge and Taufiq, so we may more closer to Him.
imran776

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, January 24, 2007  -  12:37 PM Reply with quote
Brother Waseem,

Whats your opinion on the the original question?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, February 5, 2007  -  1:21 AM Reply with quote
Some misguided people reject that the angels exist in a physical form.

They claim that the angels are the potential for good that creation possesses.

This is a direct rejection to the Book of Allah, the Sunnah of His Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wa-sallam) and the Ijmaa’ (consensus) of Muslims.

Allah said, what translated means:

“All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the (Only) Originator of the heavens and the earth, Who made the Angels messengers with wings, two or three or four)." [35:1],

“And if you could see when the angels take away the souls of those who disbelieve (at death), they smite their faces and their backs.” [8:50],

“And if you could but see when the unjust (disbelievers) are in the agonies of death, while the angels are stretching forth their hands (saying): “Deliver your souls.” [6:93],

“Until when fear is banished from their (the angels’) hearts, they (the angels) say: “What is that your Lord has said?” They say: “The Truth. “And He is the Most High, the Most Great” [34:23]

and,

“And angels shall enter unto them from every gate (saying): ‘Peace be upon you for that you preserved in patience! Excellent indeed is the final Home (Paradise).” [13:23-24].
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 5, 2007  -  6:29 AM Reply with quote
Salam brother Imran

In my limited understanding, according to the Qur'an we learn that Allah communicated with His prophets through angels, as well as that they carry out tasks in the management of this Universe. For example there are two angels near us making note of our deeds etc.

In my opinion, it helps to clarify that Allah despite having th all the ability, chooses to communicate even with His messengers through a medium. Though He has spoken to prophet Moses directly. Thus no human being can claim that He has been guided by Allah directly.

It has been highlighted as an essential part of our faith. Thus angels bowed to Adam when asked and we believe in their presense as told by Allah in His hOLY bOOK.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker