<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  10:41 AM Reply with quote
The discussion here for the religious acspect and not at all worldly.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  3:41 PM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

Thank you brother for pointing at my mistakes,i appreciate it, even i can question all of you. In my previous threads i have criticised muslims and you all got disappointed and argued against me , now in this thread where i questioned and criticised west, you guys then talked in favour of west.
I want to ask you on whose side r u?

As far as your reply to my argument that muslims havent done anything creative is concerned, i donot see any solidness and rationality in your reply.I am not talking about the work of government officials, government officials work in every country.
What i am talking about is the collective work from muslim world.
What were muslims doing in 19th century when Regnald Opra Fasandance invented the 1st radio in 1900?
What were muslims doing when the West invented cars, computer and internet?

I hope my messege is clear,

Jazakallah

Regards,
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, January 26, 2007  -  3:47 PM Reply with quote

What has OIC done since its establishment,has OIC played any vital role when Lebanon was badly attacked by Isreal?

Muslims tried 1 creative thing, they invented Makkah Cola but they forgot to realize that after drinking that cold drink people throw that bottle away and throw its cap away not realizing that the word "Makkah" is written on it.

Regards,
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 27, 2007  -  2:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

The discussion here for the religious acspect and not at all worldly.

I request you to kindly explain the terms 'religious' and 'worldly'

I ask you this because as far as my limited knowledge of English goes,

Worldly means Relating to or characteristic of the earth or of human life on earth.

Islamically speaking,(if we apply the second meaning) Allah the Most High has informed us of the unseen and given us the guidelines as to how human life on earth should be conducted.

Thus the conduct of human life cannot be separated from the religion and called 'worldly'

And as far as my limited knowledge of English goes,

In Christianity, a group of men or women who live under religious vows is grouped as a religious order.

The three vows commonly taken are to relinquish all possessions and personal authority (vows of poverty and obedience) and not to engage in sexual relations (a vow of chastity). (see Wikipedia for more)
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 27, 2007  -  2:46 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Asalam Aalaikum,

What were muslims doing in 19th century when Regnald Opra Fasandance invented the 1st radio in 1900?

What were muslims doing when the West invented cars, computer and internet?

Wa alaikum assalam w.r.w.b.

Answer: The same as what we are doing now and will do in future............

Inventing safe methods of adapting these inventions for the benefit of humanity.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, January 27, 2007  -  9:08 AM Reply with quote
What the Arab world gives America:

In reality the Arab world is far more beneficial to the US than Israel. Here's why:

l Members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), which are all Arab or Muslim (with the exception of Venezuela), exchange their oil for petrodollars, which means non-producing countries must keep vast sums of dollars in reserve, thus bolstering the dollar and the US economy.

l The Gulf supplies the US with approximately one-third of its total oil requirements or some 2.5 million barrels per day.

l The 22 Arab League member countries import more goods and services from the US than any other region, especially vehicles, machinery, equipment, building materials, chemicals, medicines and aircraft. Saudi Arabia alone buys more than Israel and Egypt combined.

l US sales of goods and services to the GCC have totaled more than $­­20 billion annually and "create or sustain more than half-a-million jobs in the United States," according to the American Business Council of the Gulf Countries.

l The GCC states invest billions of dollars annually in US acquisitions, property and bonds. Saudi Arabia alone invests an estimated 60 percent of its global investment in the US, according to Tanya C. Hsu, a senior analyst of Middle East political economy at the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy.

"This commitment has enabled the US to finance an ongoing trade deficit and produce new economic growth opportunities," Hsu says.

l Many Arab countries, in particular Jordan, Egypt and various GCC countries, are strategic partners of America within the region, hosting US bases and working closely with the American government in the "war on terror."

l Morocco and several GCC countries have signed up to free-trade agreements with the US which the US hopes will lead to a Middle East Free Trade Agreement (MEFTA).

l Over 50,000 American civilians live in the GCC, representing the largest US expatriate community in the world.

http://www.lebanonburning.com/guppy/articles.php?lng=en&pg=179
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, January 27, 2007  -  10:36 AM Reply with quote
quote:

In reality the Arab world is far more beneficial to the US than Israel.
Brother,I dont understand what you are trying to prove from this.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, January 27, 2007  -  11:06 AM Reply with quote
AS,
I dont want prove anything,just trying to moove the dialogue ahead.

the contribution and resources of muslim world to the world economy collectively can be seen as the scratch from where we can start.

Its good if we as individual can determine our own role to improve the situation rather blaming or singing old melodious songs.

wassalam

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker