Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, January 7, 2007  -  10:16 AM Reply with quote
Patience -as suggetsed by sister Shaheena

I would be grateful if all participants can make one contribution relevant to the topic.

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.

And if ye do catch them out, catch them out no worse than they catch you out: But if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient.

And be patient and your patience is not but by (the assistance of) Allah, and grieve not for them, and do not distress yourself at what they plan.

For Allah is with those who restrain themselves, and those who do good.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, January 12, 2007  -  12:02 PM Reply with quote
bhai sister shaheena invite kar kay kehan chalee gain /sister shaheen where are you after inviting us to this constructive act

waseem you hv suggested a v imp virtue to be discussed. i think we all need it a lot in every sphere of life-within and without
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, January 28, 2007  -  7:30 AM Reply with quote
2:45 And seek aid in steadfast patience and prayer: and this, indeed, is a hard thing for all but the humble in spirit,

2:153 O YOU who have attained to faith! Seek aid in steadfast patience and prayer: for, behold, God is with those who are patient in adversity.

2:177 True piety does not consist in turning your faces towards the east or the west [143] - but truly pious is he who believes in God, and the Last Day; and the angels, and revelation, [144] and the prophets; and spends his substance - however much he himself may cherish - it - upon his near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer, [145] and the beggars, and for the freeing of human beings from bondage; [146] and is constant in prayer, and renders the purifying dues; and [truly pious are] they who keep their promises whenever they promise, and are patient in misfortune and hardship and in time of peril: it is they that have proved themselves true, and it is they, they who are conscious of God.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, January 28, 2007  -  9:26 AM Reply with quote
Patience have no meaning if we dont accept the presence of an element of "oppression"or "wrong' done to the person.

Patience is a pure live action "to stop oneself against his/her motive,even if right.'' when you fight with others you stop others,here you fight with yourself.

Another element which is very important that the "patience"is more valid when it is shown against a comparatively "weaker' intelligence or power .

A weak person can never observe it.He may do it only when the opponent is either strong or he is unable to do something.He becomes patient only when there is "no option "available to him except keep quite.

Patience is an art of bravery ,hard to learn as how to train oneself in such situations.

Its not inactiveness or cowardiness but an act which is decided after a deep thinking about the consequences of the circumstances.

wassalam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 28, 2007  -  9:51 AM Reply with quote
thank you everyone for your valuable contributions to this subject. keep more coming .

i always find the verses of surah wal:asr so basic and relevant to this virtue as indeed without supporting eachother with this reminder one finds the path of Right difficult indeed ,if not impossible.

wa tawasaw bil haq wa tawasau bissabr
who remind/advice eachother of Truth and of Patience--'cause continuing to do good deeds demands such at every step.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, February 5, 2007  -  3:07 AM Reply with quote

quote:

Raushan UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Posted - Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 9:26 AM

Patience have no meaning if we dont accept the presence of an element of "oppression"or "wrong' done to the person.

Patience is prescribed only in adversity. Please note that this adversity is a state of hardship, affliction or misfortune which is but a trial from Allah. Please read the verses which I have referenced in my previous post which make it clear.
quote:

Patience is a pure live action "to stop oneself against his/her motive,even if right.'' when you fight with others you stop others,here you fight with yourself. Patience is an art of bravery ,hard to learn as how to train oneself in such situations.

You are wrong my dear Raushan. REVENGE is commendable in times of oppression and not patience.

Please read Surah Ash-shura from verse 36 to 39 to understand it. I quote the translation of the meaning of verse 42:39.

And those who, when an oppressive wrong is done to them, they take revenge. (Ash-Shura 42:39)

quote:

Its not inactiveness or cowardiness but an act which is decided after a deep thinking about the consequences of the circumstances

But what Allah says is that patience is ‘a hard thing for all but the humble in spirit.’

In 2:177 Allah has included those ‘who are patient in misfortune and hardship and in time of peril’ among the qualities of the “truly pious” and “God-conscious”. It would be wrong to interpret misfortune, hardship and times of peril as 'oppression'.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, February 5, 2007  -  9:53 AM Reply with quote
quote:

[You are wrong my dear Raushan. REVENGE is commendable in times of oppression and not patience.

Please read Surah Ash-shura from verse 36 to 39 to understand it. I quote the translation of the meaning of verse 42:39.

And those who, when an oppressive wrong is done to them, they take revenge. (Ash-Shura 42:39)

I agree,
you are right ,You have every right to take a revenge.

But what is" the best course of action "is also prescribed in vreses,followed by the above command.

I request you to have a look on these.

YUSUFALI: And those who, when an oppressive wrong is inflicted on them, (are not cowed but) help and defend themselves.

YUSUFALI: The recompense for an injury is an injury equal thereto (in degree): but if a person forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is due from Allah: for (Allah) loveth not those who do wrong.

YUSUFALI: But indeed if any do help and defend themselves after a wrong (done) to them, against such there is no cause of blame.

YUSUFALI: The blame is only against those who oppress men and wrong-doing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice: for such there will be a penalty grievous.

YUSUFALI: But indeed if any show patience and forgive, that would truly be an exercise of courageous will and resolution in the conduct of affairs.

so which excercise is the best?
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, February 5, 2007  -  1:28 PM Reply with quote
quote:

042.043 YUSUFALI: But indeed if any show patience and forgive, that would truly be an exercise of courageous will and resolution in the conduct of affairs.
Thanks for the clrification. JazakAllah.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker