Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Sunday, January 7, 2007  -  12:37 AM Reply with quote
Have we really forgiven everyone??

Forgiveness is an important virtue not only in Islam but in all faiths.

Apparently if one keeps forgiving everynight/day everyone he was hurt by, this would help his/her heart towards purity and as we have learnt from Islamic studies, the entry ticket to Paradise is purification.

Have we really forgiven everyone so far in our lives?
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, January 13, 2007  -  11:20 AM Reply with quote
The Winds of Forgiveness
When someone does something to harm you, write your hurts in the sand.

Two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything wrote in the sand:

Today my best friend slapped me in the face.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning—but the friend saved him.

After he recovered from the near-drowning, he wrote on a stone:

Today my best friend saved my life.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone. Why?"

The other friend replied: "When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.

Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your benefits in stone.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 15, 2007  -  8:24 PM Reply with quote
this is very touching.indeed a very difficult task but as Allah mentions in surah hameem sajda that it has been made easy fr those who are patient. so we can see the relevance of the virtues of Patience and Forgiveness here.

i recently revised from a talk by a present day research religious scholar that 97% of Qur'anic verses are about moral values and only 3% about laws and rules. but unfortunately the stress of the majority of muslims remains on the later and as stated by a convert that if they did not read the Qur'n themselves they would revert to their religion the next day considering the number of Rules they were being taught usually, as soon as they enter islam.
we ought to keep in mind the way of advice mua'd bin jabal was adviced by the Prophet sws whence he was sent to yemen as a governor.
firstly check & concentrate on faith in god
next, advice re:salah
when they become used to it
advice about fasting
once failry consistent on fasting,
tell them about zakah(as money mostly the dearest )

Edited by: hkhan on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:32 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker