Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
fatoukamoun

SWEDEN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, January 3, 2007  -  6:09 PM Reply with quote
Meaning of "sws"

Asalam Alaykum!
I am studying islam, and I am wondering about the word sws, in Prophete(sws)what does it stands for and what does it mean. Please I would like to know.

Sincerely

Edited by: fatoukamoun on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:10 PM
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, January 4, 2007  -  7:33 AM Reply with quote
In Arabic is SALAWAT ALA-AN-NABI (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam).Peace and Mercy upon Him

Its also called Dorood and there are many kinds of dorood and can be visited on the following link for details.

http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Dorood.htm

Edited by: usmani790 on Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:34 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, January 4, 2007  -  2:12 PM Reply with quote
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

Inna Allaha wamalaikatahu yusalloona AAala alnnabiyyi ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo salloo AAalayhi wasallimoo tasleeman

33:56 Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.
oosman

USA
Posted - Friday, January 5, 2007  -  9:57 PM Reply with quote
Is it proper to salute the prophet more than Allah? Why is it that whenever someone mentions the word Allah, mostly the listener will not add any salutation, but when someone says Muhammad, everyone will say out loud 'swalallaho-alaihe-wassalam'? I have noticed this in the masjid often.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 7, 2007  -  10:37 AM Reply with quote
pbuh - peace be upon him - a customary peace supplication made by muslims on the Prophet whenever he is mentioned.

swt - subhana -wa- ta'ala - Glorified and Exalted is He (Allah)

A.S - Alayhis -Salam (upon him be peace) - a customary supplication of muslims whenever the name of a Prophet is taken
fatoukamoun

SWEDEN
Posted - Monday, January 8, 2007  -  12:18 AM Reply with quote
Thank you everybody for the help and explanations, specially you brother waseem for the list of salutations.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker