Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, December 29, 2006  -  1:14 AM Reply with quote
haj e akbar

there is a big row about this matter of hajj on a friday--calling it haj e akbar;
as far as i hv learnt about it, it's not the day that declares a haj as haj e akbar- and apparently the haj by the prophet Muhammad sws/pbuh was called haj e akbar-in which his last sermon was delivered.
(may Allah accept the hajj by all the hajis this year as well and make it easy for them as well as a source to increase their faith multiplexxxx. amen. many of our relatives and friends including ahmed butt and sr julie, sr farhana are there and i suppose we can join them in worship and prayers insh'Allah)
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 29, 2006  -  7:29 AM Reply with quote
sister1 my understanding was that umrah is Hajj i asghar and Hajj is Hajj i akbar
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, December 30, 2006  -  12:20 AM Reply with quote
hmm....lets ask ibrahim. (if he has finished buying the bakra
(i really feel sympathetic towards brs and srs back home struggling with this job. its becoming difficult year after year. but they get more reward than us as well i guess alongside the actual quintessence of Qurbani-'cause most of us out here just send the qurbani money to charities?)
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 1, 2007  -  8:29 PM Reply with quote
(apparently hafiz ibrahim is away on eid.)
you are right dr waseem both these opinions prevail but the one you mentioned about umrah and hajj is backed by evidence (Mawlana Mawdoodi in his Tafseer of Tawbah-verse 3 has explained it giving the hadith about it as well-thnx to dr. mujahid) and sounds more logical. thank you
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, January 2, 2007  -  7:07 AM Reply with quote
In PK I had heard another interpretation of the above. Some people say that Hajj on Friday is Hajj i Akbar and a Hajj on any other day is Hajj i asghar.This is obviously not correct. I remain grateful to brother Mujahid for his help.
Allah knows best
kind regards sister
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 2, 2007  -  6:22 AM Reply with quote
Well I'm v Sorry for the Delay in Replying this Post BUT there was NOT any FAULT from MY SIDE as me too was on my HAJJ trip this yr & I was LUCKY enough to have HAJJ on the SAME day as our beloved Prophet (pbuh) had & that's the ONLY speciality of this Hajj.

Br waseem is Right in saying that "Umrah is 'Hajj-e-Asghar' and Hajj is 'Hajj-e-Akbar'."
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, March 5, 2007  -  12:56 PM Reply with quote
Agreed j.k.
(btw ibrahim bhai sb; agar aap nay waapsi per pending jawabaat kee zehmat kee hay tow plz zara iss aham sawal ka bhi jawab dey dein-- bohat shukryah:)

http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=2106&lang=ur&forumid=25

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker