Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, December 18, 2006  -  6:02 AM Reply with quote
Ambigous answering by Ghamidi Sahib

Aslamoaliekum All ,

I wish to take feedback from moderators of this website about relating to ambiguous answers of Muhtram Javed Ahmed Ghamidi sb on Live with Javed Ghamidi.

I have observed that on many occasion he leaves some ambiguities about many questions .Examples are quoted here :

1- A person should take loan or any other benefits from banks .

Despite of discouraging on bank loans , he offers such temptation to people that Islam has no objection.It is fine that in some situation , it becomes imperative to take loan to sustain in the society but majority of us go for loans or etc so as to increase status symbol.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 18, 2006  -  6:06 AM Reply with quote
2 :Visit on shrines is right or wrong in the view of Islam?

He replied : If there is no moral damage of you in going out there then it is fine.

What it this , A shrine is a center of shirk , and beside Shirk what other immoral activities happen there , there is no need to mention .
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, December 18, 2006  -  6:09 AM Reply with quote
These are few examples .On many occasions he opted this fashion.I want to have clear and detailed answer from moderator of this website.

Regards

Khaled
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 18, 2006  -  11:10 AM Reply with quote
brother salam

It is very difficult to answer a line taken out from a discussion without knowing its context and relevance. It is a bit like saying Qur'an says do not say namaz. but when you look at the full context, it says when under influence of alcohol.

I have read Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi and even met him and spoken to him. He takes a firm stand against sufism and the bidat that goes on at the tombs of saints. That he clearly states is shirk. The point you are saying, I do not know was said in what context. Going to a shrine of a Holy saint is not against religion. Praying to that saint, or thinking that saint can be a means to reach Allah is shirk. Muslims visit and pay their respects at Masjid i Nambwi,at the grave of prophet Mohammad Pbuh.We also visit janat ul Baqie to pay our respects to the graves of sahabha and other historical personalities.

You have mentioned about taking loan or encouraging loans. I live in UK.if you know anyone living here, you would be aware that the way to get accomodation for working class people is mortgage. Which means that the bank or building society buys the house, you pay mortgage over 20-25 years and then own the house.There is no other way , unless you are financially rich. Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi agrees with people taking out mortgage for one house which is essential for our living, but not multiple motgages for the sake of it.

My respected brother in Islam. we have right to like or dislike , agree or disagree with someone.no problem. We must be very careful in quoting someone and in its proper context. we owe it to ourselves.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 19, 2006  -  8:31 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Aslamoaliekum ,

First of all , i would like to inform you that i am in touch with Ghamidi sb from 12 years . I have met this respected scholar on many occasions in Karachi.

Brother , How could you say that goin on shrines is right in view of islam in any means.i can not understand this logic.
On loan issue i am agree but what i am trying to point out his way of reply that mostly suit who always want freedom from religion.This could be dangerous.
Having a different opinion , i have learned this trait from Ghamidi sb & Moulana Waheeduddin teachings.

I have only concerns with his way of ambiguous replies.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 19, 2006  -  11:13 AM Reply with quote
brother , If you are in touch with Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi, then the ebst thing would be to speak to him directly and clarify your concerns. One needs to be clear in what context he is saying something.

Regarding going to a shrine. Brother! muslims bury their dead in grave yards and visit their graves. They pray for them, and visiting graveyards is a "makaam i ibrat" " place of realisation". My father and mother have passed away. I am not aware that Islam forbids me to visit their grave and pray for their deliverance. Tomb or shrine is a grave of a Holy man. If from a historical perspective or to pay my respects ,I went to the shrine. No shirk involved. I am not making " manats" or trying to ask the holy person to make dua to Allah to get something done, then I am not aware ,what wrong I am doing. Can you clarify, what your concerns would be in such a situation and what validity you have for your point of view from Qur'an
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 19, 2006  -  1:20 PM Reply with quote
Going to graveyards is different thing and yes indeed "Moqamai-Ibrat" .What do u mean by Holy saint or person beside Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

What do u say if someone going to pay tribute to Gous Pak like personalities and intention is just to pay tribute no any duwa.What is this , paying visit to shrines means that you are admirer of Sufism. It is clear Shirk.

We should encourage people to visit historical mosques rather such place where SHIRK is clearly tempting us.

Perhaps you would aware of Abdullah Shah Gazi Mazar in Karachi.Every local knows what is going on there beside SHIRK. Similarly Every shrine has same situation .Now just to visit there is out of understanding.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 19, 2006  -  1:27 PM Reply with quote
Furthermore , i would like to know that do u watch his program on every sunday "Live with Ghamidi"(Ajj TV pgm).
If yes then you could better understand context.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 19, 2006  -  1:58 PM Reply with quote
respected brother in Islam

What we may need to understand is the question. I ask you a simple question, on the basis of your knowledge of Qur'an and Sunnah, can you quote me any verse, that says muslims should not visit a shrine or tomb.
What people are doing, what intention they are going is seperate. There is no doubt that bidat is taking place. I do not believe in going to a shrine. If I asked you this question what does Islam have to say about visiting a shrine and does Qur'an forbid you to do so. What will be your reply. The question is on general terms and not specific to a shrine.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, December 23, 2006  -  2:53 PM Reply with quote
quote:

2 :Visit on shrines is right or wrong in the view of Islam?

He replied : If there is no moral damage of you in going out there then it is fine.

What it this , A shrine is a center of shirk , and beside Shirk what other immoral activities happen there , there is no need to mention .

Kabaa was also a centre of shirk in the beginning.
Prophet use to visit even those times when 360 idols were kept there.
so what's wrong?

No one disagree with you ,if you say its wrong If someone going to worship the dead over there.

How come it will be wrong to visit a place just to see whats going on there.
what ll you say about visiting Tajmahal ?

If we really get pained to see people indulge in shirk at those places, we must go there and announce 'Tauheed'as Prophet(pbuh)and his companion did.Isnt it our duty?or cursing them is enough for us?

Mere visiting or a place isnt an issue,it becomes an issue only when one does anything against Islam anywhere.

salam
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, December 23, 2006  -  3:04 PM Reply with quote
quote:

what i am trying to point out his way of reply that mostly suit who always want freedom from religion.This could be dangerous.
Having a different opinion , i have learned this trait from Ghamidi sb & Moulana Waheeduddin teachings.

How can having a different opinion be dangerous?

People visiting to shrines and doing shirk are greater in number than those who dont.
Add this number to other religious population doing shirk,you ll find yourself in minority.
why you keep a different view than those?why dont you are with majority?

Now ,will you plz explain ,how dangerous you are?

wassalam
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 26, 2006  -  12:03 PM Reply with quote
salaam

quote:

How can having a different opinion be dangerous?

People visiting to shrines and doing shirk are greater in number than those who dont.
Add this number to other religious population doing shirk,you ll find yourself in minority.
why you keep a different view than those?why dont you are with majority?

Now ,will you plz explain ,how dangerous you are?

Nice one.
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 26, 2006  -  5:06 PM Reply with quote
I agree with waseem.
quote:

brother , If you are in touch with Javaid Ahmad Ghamidhi, then the ebst thing would be to speak to him directly and clarify your concerns. One needs to be clear in what context he is saying something.

Excellent Answer of waseem to khaledgr8 in response to his/her quote below:
quote:

First of all , i would like to inform you that i am in touch with Ghamidi sb from 12 years . I have met this respected scholar on many occasions in Karachi
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 27, 2006  -  5:32 AM Reply with quote
It is out of my understanding that why you people are emphasizing on going out to shrines whatever objective behind.As a religion perspective , Whenever a person ask this sort of question , a legitimate answer will be suggested not to go there instead of giving solutions to visit there for other purpose.A scholar should concern with what shariat is saying .
Now tell me whenever someone ask Ghamidi sahib about Parda in islam , he replies only Shariat jurisdiction.He never include a word of his personal opinion.
Now contradiction arises , In shrine question he suggested different ways but in Parda described only Shariat .

I am not saying that going out shrine is overall wrong but as a scholar you should have only concern with its evils impact.
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, December 27, 2006  -  5:51 AM Reply with quote
Why he does not preach Shariat order of spreading long sheet on chest to modern womens , but i always heard from him that "In villages , most womens dont care about it they should ."

I must ask this question from Ghamidi sahib , but he has lost in media world . He has no time to arrive in Danish sara Karachi.

This websites belongs to his thoughts that is why i ask here but it seemed to me that soon their people is going to become Muqalid of him .
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 27, 2006  -  7:02 AM Reply with quote
brother I asked you the above question. on the basis of your knowledge of Qur'an and Sunnah, can you quote me any verse, that says muslims should not visit a shrine or tomb.

Further more, Javaid Ghamidhi is a religious scholar,people ask him what the religion says about a matter, not his opinon.

Lt me give you an example, I work as GP in UK, a Christian pt comes to see me, I give him some tablets, he asks, doctor! can I drink alcohol with these tablets? so if I say yes you can to his query, am I saying in my opinion alcohol is halal in Islam?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker