Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Tuesday, December 5, 2006  -  5:59 AM Reply with quote
Alexander Litvinenko's last wish: Muslim burial

Alexander Litvinenko, the former KGB agent murdered by radioactive poisoning in London, requested to be buried according to Muslim rites after converting to Islam on his deathbed, according to the Times Online.

Walter Litvinenko, Alexander's father, said in a reported interview published today in the Times Online that his son, an Orthodox Christian, made it his last wish as he lay dying in the hospital.

"He said ’I want to be buried according to Muslim tradition’," Mr Litvinenko told Moscow's Kommersant daily. Reported the Times Online.

"I said, ’Well son, as you wish. We already have one Muslim in our family - my daughter is married to a Muslim. The important thing is to believe in the Almighty. God is one.’"

The investigation continues into the murder of Litvinenko. He accused President Vladimir Putin of involvement. "You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life," he said in a written statement.

The spy's father told Kommersant, an independent business daily, that he was also sure that Mr Putin was involved in the death. Reported the Times Online.

"I am in no doubt that this was done by members of the Russian secret services, with the permission of Vladimir Putin."

The Times Online reports Russian authorities have denied any involvement in this case.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1229458.php/Alexander_Litvinenkos_last_wish_Muslim_burial

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker