Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Thursday, November 2, 2006  -  6:09 AM Reply with quote
deeds to waste

i was wondering what most make out of this verse as many sisters read surah kahaf(surah 18) on fridays, i'm sure they must hv come across this verse repeatedly. (v:103to 105) it makes me very worried though as it says that there are people who wud be at loss the most, although in life they thought that they were doing very good deeds.
i really wonder what sort of good deeds they would be involved with which would keep them happy and which would be percieved as good deeds around them, but Allah would not accept them?
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 2, 2006  -  6:45 AM Reply with quote
I take the lesson from this that we should follow only those scholars whom explain the matters of deen through Quran and Sunnah.

Some people explain things which might looks to us very convencing and logical but when we do the deeper study so we found that they are not accoedence with Quran and teaching of our Prophet(pbuh).

So must ask people whom are explaining any issue of deen to give references from Quran and Ahadith rather blindly fellow them.May Allah grant us Taufiq to act according to His pleasure.

And follow not that of which you have not the knowledge; surely the hearing and the sight and the heart, all of these, shall be questioned about that. Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #36
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, November 2, 2006  -  10:59 PM Reply with quote
indeed; v. imp.
any more bright ideas
may be some sisterly habits in day to day lives which could give trouble in the hereafter
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, November 3, 2006  -  7:39 PM Reply with quote
This hadith is on the same theme with the same inferance

The first of people against whom judgment will be pronounced on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who died a martyr. He will be brought and Allah will make known to him His favours and he will recognize them. [ The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I fought for you until I died a martyr. He will say: You have lied - you did but fight that it might be said [of you]: He is courageous. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man who has studied [religious] knowledge and has taught it and who used to recite the Quran. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I studied [religious] knowledge and I taught it and I recited the Quran for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but study [religious] knowledge that it might be said [of you]: He is learned. And you recited the Quran that it might be said [of you]: He is a reciter. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire. [Another] will be a man whom Allah had made rich and to whom He had given all kinds of wealth. He will be brought and Allah will make known to his His favours and he will recognize them. [The Almighty] will say: And what did you do about them? He will say: I left no path [untrodden] in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. He will say: You have lied - you did but do so that it might be said [of you]: He is open-handed. And so it was said. Then he will be ordered to be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hell-fire.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, November 3, 2006  -  7:54 PM Reply with quote
sister Henna, first and foremost, Jaza'akallah for choosing such excellent quote from the Qur'an. It applies so much to the world of today.

I enclose my very limited understanding of these verses.I stand to be corrected

Surah Kahaf verses 103-105

Allah is addressing the prophet Mohammad pbuh and telling him, Shall I tell you which people will be the most disadvantageous in their deeds? Those , who in their worldly life spent all their efforts and resources on worldly affairs. They kept thinking that what they were doing was correct. These are the people who refused to accept the verses of their Lord and did not believe that they will have to be in His presence . Thus all their deeds will be lost. On the Day of Judgement , We will give them no value.

According to Maudoodi

The verses point to people who are oblivious of the eternal and everlasting life and use all their time and efforts in the activities of this world. The success and the happiness of this world is their goal. They may accept in principle that their is a God, but in practice are not worried about pleasing Him or their own accountability in fornt of Him They consider themselves independant and unaccountable adults.

These type of people may achive worldly recognition and goals, but they will all finish when they will die. All those things that they are proud of, none will go with them, and none will become a source of their deliverance

According to Islahi

This describes those rebellious people, who think that they are playing a very succssful game and are doing good deeds. A clear warning is given to those people whose actions are for the sake of this world , they will be doomed. Allah states that the love and attractions of this world have made them oblivious and fearless about Allahs Divine Guidance and the Day of Judgement. All their actions and deeds will become worthless. These actions will carry no weight on the Day of Judgement.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 4, 2006  -  10:54 AM Reply with quote
j.k. dr waseem for such detailed presentation of a v. imp fact and usmani has also pointed to a v. imp. one previously.

you hv pointed to the right things as we cn see the verse before this verse (102) talks about the imp of tawheed and not making anyone else one's "karsaz" (problem solver, helper)and the verses after this(105 and 106) abt those who took hereafter, Allah's verses and sighns and His prophets as a joke and mocked them as well as did not believe in them.

i feel that in order to see what lesson a certain message of Qura'n holds in it for me personally, cn be understood well if i look at my state of affairs directly in its light.
us women hv to see that wen we feel weaker inside we hv a great tendency to get involved in activities which are clearly against tawheed. nite before a lady visited me and told me abt the problems the siblings hv been facing becoz of their mum/mom(plz note iin uk eng.mum is used and mom is american eng. as someone objected that mum means dum)anyway, so her mom is involved with a person she fully depends on for all her own and her children's imp. decision making in life by the use of 'zaicha' (palmistry) and she pays heavy amount of money to him for the same; no matter what logically looked right to her or husband or children, she would not go an inch against the 'zaicha'
i hv noticed that such acts are very popular among our muslim and pak. ladies not only in pak. but everywhere in the world and its time to assess whether this cud be one of those acts of ignorance which cud send other good deeds to waste
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 12, 2006  -  8:55 PM Reply with quote
salaam all,
its very difficult in this day and age just to have a conversation with someone with out breaking ethics, like two women having a comversation on the phone or in person, sooner or later someone's name will get mentioned and before you know it alot will be said even though its innocent, its still looked upon as backbiting as the person in question is not there,so bang there goes your good deeds and you have added to your bad ones. even though the intention was not there. i think its so easy to loose your good deeds now a days than gain them. we may be doing all the things required by a muslim as in praying,zakat,hajj ect but its very little things that actually take away all our good deeds.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 18, 2006  -  11:58 PM Reply with quote
another reason for deeds to waste; not being thankful.
i learned this from a child who kissed the sports car which gave him a wonderful ride but did not even look at the driver.
sometimes we get stuck with the middleman and forget the ones behind who are helping.
god wants us to be thankful to Him and thankful to His slaves.
waseem

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 19, 2006  -  2:00 PM Reply with quote
Amin Ahsen Islahi writes in Tadabur ul Qur'an

'If someone receives blessings from Allah and he is casual about them, then this a reflection of his ignorance. Every blessings requires that we are grateful to our Provider, and one of the prerequisites of this gratefulness is that we are constantly aware that we fulfil its obligations. We remain aware that these blessings are a loan from our Provider. If someone considers a blessings his own achievement then he is ignorant and his fate will be like that of the silkworm, that builds a cocoon around itself in silk, which ultimately suffocates him and becomes also his coffin and grave."
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 29, 2006  -  1:02 AM Reply with quote
i really wonder how thanking eachother becomes difficult for us despite realizing the basis of faith well. is it ignorance that becomes our obstacle, lack of time to realize or ego?
also why wud it be so imortant that not thanking a person has been equilibrated to not being thankful to god.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker