Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, October 9, 2006  -  7:44 AM Reply with quote
Way of Dilogue ( Dr Zakir Naik )

Dear All ,

I would like to initiate the healthy discussion on the typical way of dilogue of our respected muslim scholor Dr. Zakir Naik. There is diversity of views about him. Some say he is extraordianry in all aspects and some critisize that he sometime become proudiest about religion(islam).

Kindly do participate.

Khaled
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, October 9, 2006  -  8:10 AM Reply with quote
To err is human.

this is only Allah's book and prophets which are error free.
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 11, 2006  -  10:26 PM Reply with quote
I did not know about Zakir Naik until your message was posted. I read this page on him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_Naik

If it is true, then I do not agree with him in many principles.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Thursday, October 12, 2006  -  10:23 AM Reply with quote
''If it is true, then I do not agree with him in many principles"

what is "this true"?
what are those points you dont agree?

plz elaborate
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 12, 2006  -  12:38 PM Reply with quote
i hv persomally seen Dr Zakir Naik. he is a nice fellow.
nonstoptaxi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, October 12, 2006  -  1:14 PM Reply with quote
yes ,i agree with you
oosman

USA
Posted - Thursday, October 12, 2006  -  8:06 PM Reply with quote
To elaborate further, I will discuss some of his points as stated on the Wikipedia web page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakir_Naik

In this discussion will assume that the things mentioned on that web page are what he says.

Some things I agree with , some I do not.

>>>Punishment for Apostasy is death<<<

I don't agree with that. Qur'an clearly says let there be no compulsion in religion.

>>> Music is haram

Depends on the music and song, you cannot give a blanket fatwa to ban all music/singing. When prophet arrived in Medina from Mecca, the Ansars rejoiced by singing and dancing in the streets. How can it be haram? Then he let Aisha witness the nomads singing and dancing even though Abu-Bakr rebuked his daughter for doing so, the prophet allowed it.

>>>> He also says that taking loans or getting insurance is prohibited. He takes this further and says that it is also forbidden for Muslims to work in banks <<<<

I don't see how insurance is haram. As for loans, it depends on the loan conditions, and working in the bank, it depends on the bank.

>>>The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced."<<<

>>>""Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc.""<<<<

Same can be said about beef obtained from cows in filthy conditions. Perhaps he should visit a dairy farm and butchery and see how filthy conditions there are in which cows have to live.

>>> "He writes that in Islam, a woman is required to cover herself entirely except for her face and hands up to her wrists. He claims that Islam thus protects women from the lust of men." <<<

Because men will do something wrong, women have to be punished for it instead of men being punished. Typical mullah mentality.

>>> ""Suppose there are twin sisters. While walking down the street, one of them is wearing a mini-skirt, while the other is wearing the hijab with everything covered with loose clothes except the hands up to the wrist. If there is a hooligan who is waiting to tease a girl, which girl will he tease? He will tease the girl wearing the mini-skirt." <<<

If the women are in the West, the woman in hijab will be surely teased and given dirty looks.

>>> Naik argues that polygyny, or the Muslim practice of taking up to four wives is justified as it is in the best interest of both women and men. <<<

In this day and age, it spreads STDs. As far as I know, Islam encourages monogamy, not polygamy.

>>> women witnesses: ""... the feminine attitude can also have an effect on the witness in a murder case. In such circumstances a woman is more terrified as compared to a man. Due to her emotional condition she can get confused. Therefore, two female witnesses are equivalent to one male witness.""<<<<

Typical mullah mentality. They think women are stupid emotional morons.

>>>> In a 2006 TV appearance, Naik declared that it was haraam, forbidden, for Muslims to eat prasad. Prasad is food offered to Hindu deities and then shared with friends and family; it is believed to convey blessings and good fortune. Naik said that too many Muslims say Bismillah over the food, and eat it to please their friends. <<<

I agree with him on this

>>> In a 2003 speech in Toronto [17], Naik asserts that it is haraam, forbidden, for Muslims to wish their Christian friends a merry Christmas. Naik believes that this common greeting acknowledges Jesus as a son of God and is thus blasphemy for Muslims.<<<

I agree.

And Allah knows best, may He give us right guidance.

Edited by: oosman on Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:07 PM

Edited by: oosman on Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:07 PM

Edited by: oosman on Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:08 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker